Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#6862 - 02/18/09 04:30 PM How to correctly measure your cock
CutCaliGuy Offline

First, LENGTH:

The ONLY valid way to measure your dick length is to take an old-fashioned wooden school ruler, place it flat on TOP of your dick, and push it into your pelvis as far as you can. Looking down from above, where your dick ends is how long your dick is.

Read it and weep. It does not get any longer than that.

*note: If you are uncircumcised, pull your foreskin back before measuring, it will pull back inside the woman and does not count as length. Sorry.

GIRTH:
Girth is a technical term that means "how big around it is." Not the width, not the diameter, but the circumference.
To measure girth, wrap a carpenter's measuring tape ONE TIME around the shaft of your cock - NOT the head, but the shaft. If you dont have that kind of tape measure you can use a bit of string or even your ipod power cable for all i care, just mark the part where the string comes round to finish its circle and then measure that on a ruler.
That is your girth.

length average:
To give you an idea of what's "average," five to six inches length is considered "average." A majority of women find that to be perfect, as long as the dick owner has a clue of what he's doing. If he does not know, then dick length is totally irrelevant, because he's a lousy lay, no matter what.

If you are shorter dicked than average, you may have to work on having a nice personality and good sexual techniques. Do that, and you'll be getting more ass than a ride at Six Flags. if you are longer than average? Same thing. The ONLY person who gives a shit about your freak-of-nature footlong schlong is YOU. Be a nice person and a good lover, or get used to jacking off. Jacking off ALL THE TIME.

Girth averages:

A standard 12 oz beer can (Miller, Bud, NOT Coors) is approximately 8 inches in girth. So if you claim a "beer can dick" you better be close to this. A "beer can" dick is probably too fat to fully enjoy. Don't believe me? In the privacy of your own home, try wrapping your lips around a beer can.

Next measure -- a paper towel roll. A paper towel roll -- exact same size as a toilet paper roll -- is just shy of 5 1/2 inches in girth. Again, in the privacy of your own home, maybe the next time you're sitting on the toilet jacking off (that may be right now for some of you), see if you can put your dick inside the toilet paper roll. If you can, then your dick girth is LESS than 5 1/2 inches.

#6863 - 02/18/09 04:40 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
ScottyB Offline
stranger

Don't forget the natural curvature of many dicks does a lot to add to the girth when inside the honey hole.

Never overlook the practical application of reality to achieve the end goal.

#6871 - 02/19/09 12:55 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: ScottyB]
mannin93 Offline
stranger

yea lol my limp cant even fit into the TP roll

#6882 - 02/20/09 04:26 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: mannin93]
HungforLadies Offline

Originally Posted By: mannin93
yea lol my limp cant even fit into the TP roll

i know what u mean =)

Edited by HungforLadies (02/20/09 04:27 AM)

#6971 - 02/26/09 12:51 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: HungforLadies]
JimInPhila Online   content

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
Some things just aren't fair.

#6976 - 02/26/09 06:57 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: JimInPhila]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Jim, in this case, maybe we should just say that some things are bigger--or smaller--than others...and let it go at that. In my opinion, it's life itself that's unfair.

#7040 - 03/06/09 11:21 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: franzl]
Big Al Offline
Sponsor
enthusiast

Life is what you make of it. If you see life as "unfair", you're always going to get the short end of the stick (no pun intended).

If you weren't blessed with the size that you want, do something about it!

Here's another article that may help: Believe In Your Gains!

#8040 - 04/25/09 08:49 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Big Al]
falick Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
Males - read - if your hanging bit is 2 inches HARD, then try these enlargement things. I heard they don't work. If hard it is 5" and over, stop thinking/scratching your stupid penises and get on with it

#8940 - 06/01/09 04:28 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: falick]
MickC Offline
stranger

I read a survey in Men's Health where women prefer the penis girth to be the size of a D battery. That's 4 inches around. I think I would prefer that in my mouth over a TP roll. No jaw cramps! Maybe it's just my wishful thinking since I'm pretty much a 4X4.

#9088 - 06/09/09 09:54 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Big Al]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Big Al
Life is what you make of it. If you see life as "unfair", you're always going to get the short end of the stick (no pun intended). ]

Actually, Big Al, life is definitely not purely and simply "what you make of it." Think of it as a card game--you have to play the hand you're dealt, good, bad, or indifferent...play it well or play it badly, the choice then is ours. There are ineluctable things that we cannot change, no matter what we'd like to "make of it." This is not a matter of pessimism, always rooting for ourselves to draw a bad hand. It's just plain, sensible realism. Once we accept that fact, it is indeed then up to us to make the best of any given hand--i.e., realities.

#10020 - 07/04/09 04:56 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: franzl]
perfectFit Offline

Hi all.

Great forum, and to the o.p. -- great post.

I've even discovered that I have a big dick here, since pushing the ruler as far in as it will go means I have a 7 incher.

The girth thing still bothers me though. I can just about perfectly fit my erect dick into the paper towel roll -- a tight fit, but doable. I may be a little narrow.

All in all, however, I think it's stamina and rigidity that women appreciate most, and these things are achievable, more or less, by us all.

...That, and the quality that everyone talks about but no one ever defines -- "knowing what to do with it" -- which is probably more about charisma, compatibility, circumstance, hygiene, foreplay, and attraction than anything else. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

#10025 - 07/04/09 05:58 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
jiji Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: CutCaliGuy
First, LENGTH:

The ONLY valid way to measure your dick length is to take an old-fashioned wooden school ruler, place it flat on TOP of your dick, and push it into your pelvis as far as you can. Looking down from above, where your dick ends is how long your dick is.

I've never heard of this method before. Does it really make sense to "push the ruler into your pelvis as far you can," considering any additional "length" gained by digging the end of the ruler into the fleshy, in some cases fatty, part of the pelvis above the penis isn't really useable length?

Also, a tip of my own: If you have a high erection angle like me, bend your unit down so it's horizontal before measuring. This will easily add 1/2" to your measurement and more often than not, is a more common intercourse position anyway. I only discovered this fairly recently and it did wonders for my self-esteem (yes, it's kind of humorous how we guys stress over fractions of inches).

And completely unrelated: Is it just my crappy computer/monitor, or does every page CutCaliGuy posts on become abnormally "wide" so that one has to scroll horizontally? My monitor resolution is at a humble, but pretty common 1024 x 768 pixels. I think it may have something to do with his sig.
You have me and I have you

#10823 - 07/13/09 05:20 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: jiji]
jiji Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: jiji
And completely unrelated: Is it just my crappy computer/monitor, or does every page CutCaliGuy posts on become abnormally "wide" so that one has to scroll horizontally? My monitor resolution is at a humble, but pretty common 1024 x 768 pixels. I think it may have something to do with his sig.

UPDATE: I don't know what they did, but they fixed it. Sweet! (And again, it may only have been a problem for me or those with a similar computer setup, but it's nice nevertheless.)

#10892 - 07/14/09 05:19 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: jiji]
justaroundthecorner Offline

depending on how much fat is on the pad- Even with the extra weight I put on recently I don't have much of one myself, but the little fraction of an inch that is covered is without a doubt pushed harder is sex than with any ruler:) I'm not sure how the guys with better groceries than me fare

#11198 - 07/21/09 01:26 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
newguy234 Offline
journeyman

im at like 8 2/3 so im happy i guess

#11557 - 07/27/09 11:07 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: newguy234]
Headstone Offline
stranger

Loc: The Netherlands
If anyone is actually really worried that their penis is too small, I would recommend to measure it, and then to draw it on a piece of paper. You'll be surprised how big it is once you see it drawn on paper...

And yes... I'm new here.

Edited by Headstone (07/27/09 11:17 AM)

#11560 - 07/27/09 12:21 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Headstone]
mugwump1 Offline
addict

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Headstone
If anyone is actually really worried that their penis is too small, I would recommend to measure it, and then to draw it on a piece of paper. You'll be surprised how big it is once you see it drawn on paper...

Good idea! It's always different seen in a new way. Sometimes we just get too familiar with the view we're used to.

Hi & welcoms, H.

#11571 - 07/27/09 02:51 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: mugwump1]
Headstone Offline
stranger

Loc: The Netherlands
Actually, this is a good site as well:

http://www.mraverage.com/sizer.php

#12302 - 08/09/09 11:06 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
TOhung4itTOworkout Offline
stranger

Loc: Whidbey Island Washington Lang...
I disagree with the wooden ruler method. I have a 8.1 X 6.2 around penis that curves the entire length. Full erections are one thing but some men can swell up there penis head with a little squeeze of the "holding back the pee" muscles. When I do this I get to 8.3 inches in length. I use the X.X method because my erections actually very depending one a lot of physical conditions the males body is in. The variances are usually in the 1/16th to 1/8th range. Also another part of a penis size is the thickness or roundness of the penis head mine with no swelling is 6.5 and 7.0 swelled. A CLOTH tape is the best way to measure any penis, straight or curved.

Edited by TOhung4itTOworkout (08/09/09 11:07 PM)

#12642 - 08/16/09 06:38 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: TOhung4itTOworkout]
Mycroft Holmes Offline
stranger

Pressing into the fatpad is a legitimate method. As someone who has lost a lot of mine I have seen an increase in size from my normal length with no pressing in.I will say that there is a limit of how far you can press as obese as I was I could only manage 5 inches at this point I can do 6.

#15321 - 10/19/09 01:31 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Mycroft Holmes]
bane Offline

Quote:
The ONLY valid way to measure your dick length is to take an old-fashioned wooden school ruler, place it flat on TOP of your dick, and push it into your pelvis as far as you can.

I disagree with your way of measuring. You're meant to gently rest the ruler above the penis, you do not jab it in to your pubic bone, you gently rest it against the skin. Your way of measuring I'd be 6.7 long, my way I'm 6.4, but my way's more accurate and not cheating.

#15327 - 10/19/09 03:54 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: bane]
jiji Offline
enthusiast

Yeah man, I've questioned this method ever since I came across it here (see my post above, #10025). But a lot of people seem to subscribe to it, so what can you do. It's no wonder measurements vary so wildly.

#15330 - 10/19/09 04:29 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: jiji]
DAI Offline
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K
i agree,if i measured that way i would be just under 8.0ins,that can't be the right way to measure your dick.i just lay a ruler on top and not push into your pubic bone.thats how i measure my self,and i'am 7.6 instead of 8.ins.

#15796 - 10/30/09 04:44 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: ]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Loc: Indiana
The thickness of the "fat pad" overlying the male pubic bone varies widely from man to man. In a given man it varies with body weight and body fat percentage as well as age and even posture. The subcutaneous fat of the lower abdominal wall tends to droop with age in a man just as a woman's breasts droop. In some very slender young men, the bone-pressed and non-bone-pressed lengths may be very close, within 1/4 inch or so.

But in most men, most of that tissue is relatively easily pushed aside. When a man lies down, the fat pad may be substantially less.

If one is doing serial measurements on a given person, or if one wants to get an estimate of the variability of penis size in a population independent of body weight, the bone-pressed measurement is much more consistant.

And the "functional length" of the penis, meaning "how much can you get in" is often closer to the bone-pressed measurement than the non-bone-pressed one.

#16047 - 11/04/09 11:45 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
L.D.S Offline

Loc: United states
The pressing down to the bone IS the only way an overweight guy can get a true measurement. 7 years ago i weighed 40lbs more than i do and i thought i had only a 4 1/2 inch penis. Not awfull but smaller than it actually is. Now with 40lbs gone i'm around 5 1/2 and can pubic press to 5.8.My dick obviously didn't grow as an adult the fat went away. I still have some cushion there but its more like a 1/4 inch. Basically get yourself in the best shape you can to show a little more. The fat pad matters.

#16053 - 11/05/09 10:48 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: L.D.S]
bane Offline

The confusion lies in slim guys like myself. Even I have a fat pad, but it's barely noticable. If I push the ruler back I gain an extra 1/4 of an inch, making me 6 and 3/4 long. But only 6.5 will get inserted into a vagina, so that's why I don't think these bone pressed measurements are that accurate.

#16533 - 11/20/09 03:11 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: bane]
justaroundthecorner Offline

realistically if you aren't thrusting hard harder with your hips than you were with the ruler, you aren't doing it right;D

high five? 0/

#17342 - 12/28/09 02:57 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: justaroundthecorner]
DAI Offline
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K
OK! i've just measured my erection the way its claimed is correct.well instead of being 7.6ins i'am 8.1ins so i have gained half an inch,maybe i'll measure this way instead in future.good idea?

#17346 - 12/28/09 04:39 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: DAI]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Well, it's your cock and you can measure it any way you want.

#17464 - 01/03/10 11:11 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: myrealname]
Argonaut Offline
stranger

6.75 x 6 inches doing it that way.

My fiancée is a bit nervous, so it's probably the right size for us.

Edited by Argonaut (01/03/10 11:11 PM)

#17470 - 01/04/10 01:39 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Argonaut]
anti Offline

This makes almost difference at all to me, it adds less than a quarter of an inch.

Really I don't think it matters if you measure this way or without pressing in.

#17494 - 01/05/10 09:01 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: anti]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I think the "correct" way to measure a penis is to slip it into something that wants it, and see what happens.

#17498 - 01/05/10 11:30 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CaroleTucson]
myrealname Offline
old hand

I have tried that approach, Carole, but the results were inconsistent at best.

Some women said "big", some said "medium", and some didn't say anything at all.

Edited by myrealname (01/05/10 11:31 AM)

#17499 - 01/05/10 01:03 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: myrealname]
CaroleTucson Offline

They're all correct smile

#17602 - 01/10/10 06:44 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CaroleTucson]
Graham Offline
veteran

maybe somebody needs to invent a penis measurer. Something like a hollow tube (vagina part) with a flange (vulva/pubic part). Probably made of clear plastic with markings on it every 1/8 of an inch. An internal plunger would then be needed to slide when the penis is inserted. The plunger would make measurements extremely accurate.

could sell well, especially to the PE crowd, and make length measurements perfectly accurate because it would simulate the penetration of a vagina.

hmm, I come from a family of inventors and I have some free time ......

#17603 - 01/10/10 09:02 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Graham]
myrealname Offline
old hand

There was such as device called the "Cockrule" and a web site www.cockrule.com, but the site is now down. It was pretty much exactly what you described (no, I don't have one).

#17746 - 01/17/10 06:28 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: myrealname]
Graham Offline
veteran

damn, beaten to the punch by cockrule! However, if the site is down maybe it wasn't a huge commercial success anyway.

there's more money in sex toys, like the "fleshlight" (vagina in a flashlight contraption). I bought something similar when I was in London but a different brand. It really isn't as good as I thought. It could be converted into a measuring tube with some standard tools smile

#18145 - 01/29/10 02:12 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
dougie Offline

Loc: south africa
I dont understand why you say one must push the ruler back into you pelvis as far as you can. Surely that is measureing skin that is not part of you dick? Does that not amount to "cheating"?
I would have thought one starts the measuring where the dick actully "begins".

#18147 - 01/29/10 03:47 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: dougie]
Graham Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: dougie
I dont understand why you say one must push the ruler back into you pelvis as far as you can. Surely that is measureing skin that is not part of you dick? Does that not amount to "cheating"?
I would have thought one starts the measuring where the dick actully "begins".

I think it's a reasonable way to do it because this is still usable length. If the pubic fat pad is compressible with a ruler it will also be compressible against a woman's pubic bone. So it's usable in terms of sex and that's what we are interested in, aren't we?

My gf, likes it fast, deep and hard so using some forceful pressure seems reasonable and useful. So I'm sure my (very thin) pubic fat pad gets compressed quite a lot during actual sex.

#18153 - 01/29/10 08:35 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Graham]
itsjustme Offline

Loc: fl
i think the only correct way to measure your cock is in 'pleasure units'. how well does it please your partner and yourself? mine is pretty dang big by that method, and getting bigger all the time.

#18161 - 01/29/10 07:39 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: itsjustme]
JDANG Offline

Originally Posted By: itsjustme
i think the only correct way to measure your cock is in 'pleasure units'. how well does it please your partner and yourself? mine is pretty dang big by that method, and getting bigger all the time.

I like that.

#18174 - 01/30/10 05:57 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: JDANG]
Graham Offline
veteran

the problem with "pleasure units" is that it's an entirely subjective measure. Units of length are absolute.

I read one survey that said most people considered themselves great at sex. How can they all be great at sex? Great sex is so personal and probably different for most people. It includes such intangibles such as great chemistry which could be far more important than good technique.

Has anybody ever invented an orgasm measuring device? Maybe, that's the answer. I guess the orgasm-O-meter could measure pleasure units:

so the math would be:
n * i = p

where n (number of orgasms) * i (intensity of orgasms) = p (total pleasure units)

the O-meter device could consolidate all the intangibles together into an easy to compare unit of measure. So looks, chemistry, genital compatibility, and technique would all be taken into account.

Edited by Graham (01/31/10 10:13 AM)

#18211 - 01/31/10 10:00 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Graham]
itsjustme Offline

Loc: fl
Originally Posted By: Graham
the problem with "pleasure units" is that it's an entirely subjective measure. Units of length are absolute.

sure, units of length are absolute... if you are talking about measuring lumber or something. but the subject here is totally ego driven, and totally subjective. none of the measuring does anything to improve a person as a lover, or a man. there are guys on this site that talk about p.e. and when they give their measurements i think wtf, they are already huge! so in truth measuring with a ruler is completely subjective in how it relates to your own perception of your size.

now if you are the engineer type that needs to have everything quantified, well go for it. if you are attempting p.e. and need a yardstick (so to speak) to gauge your progress, ok for you. but the reality is that it doesn't matter at all how you measure your dick, it is your own perception of who you are that matters. i mean really, if one guy presses in the ruler and another doesn't, what contest does he win but the one in his head. yay! for him, i guess.

i pause for a second and think, ok if i was as big as most of the guys on here maybe i would be waving my measurements around too, if that made me feel better about my manhood. but i didn't choose my size, and guess what guys, you had nothing to do with yours either. but then i think of this morning's love making with my beautiful lover, and the multiple times she came with amazing intensity because of the things i have had a choice in doing and mastering; my connection, my technique, my energy, my presence, my imagination, and oh yeah my little old dick.

so yeah, 'pleasure units' it is.

#18213 - 01/31/10 10:16 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: itsjustme]
Graham Offline
veteran

I guess I'm an engineer type, lol.

But I like the pleasure units idea too. Sounds great. But the engineer inside me wants some way to measure it and make a graph or a real-time video display. haha. I'm mostly kidding about this.

#18224 - 01/31/10 03:36 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Graham]
JDANG Offline

But the engineer inside me wants some way to measure it and make a graph or a real-time video display. haha. I'm mostly kidding about this.

LOL! I can see it now.... a bar graph with penises acting as the "bars".

laugh

#18229 - 01/31/10 07:23 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: itsjustme]
pinkFlames Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: itsjustme

sure, units of length are absolute... if you are talking about measuring lumber or something. but the subject here is totally ego driven, and totally subjective. none of the measuring does anything to improve a person as a lover, or a man. there are guys on this site that talk about p.e. and when they give their measurements i think wtf, they are already huge! so in truth measuring with a ruler is completely subjective in how it relates to your own perception of your size.

now if you are the engineer type that needs to have everything quantified, well go for it. if you are attempting p.e. and need a yardstick (so to speak) to gauge your progress, ok for you. but the reality is that it doesn't matter at all how you measure your dick, it is your own perception of who you are that matters. i mean really, if one guy presses in the ruler and another doesn't, what contest does he win but the one in his head. yay! for him, i guess.

i pause for a second and think, ok if i was as big as most of the guys on here maybe i would be waving my measurements around too, if that made me feel better about my manhood. but i didn't choose my size, and guess what guys, you had nothing to do with yours either. but then i think of this morning's love making with my beautiful lover, and the multiple times she came with amazing intensity because of the things i have had a choice in doing and mastering; my connection, my technique, my energy, my presence, my imagination, and oh yeah my little old dick.

so yeah, 'pleasure units' it is.

I agree with you itsjustme. It's pretty much what we women have been saying on this forum all along. Personally I have had the best sex ever with possibly my smallest partner. It's his love and knowledge of my body that leads to me being highly aroused for him and having multiple orgasms. Bigger dicks didn't get me there and one guy with a longer one used to consistently hurt.

#19613 - 04/03/10 06:44 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: pinkFlames]
OlderMan Offline

It's amazing how many times women say this, and men just keep stressing over size.

#20084 - 04/11/10 10:16 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Mycroft Holmes]
revelationman Offline
stranger

I just remeasured. Soft: 3in length 4inch girth. Hard 6.5 in length 6 inch girth. Just average haha!

#22988 - 07/16/10 04:50 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Mycroft Holmes]
skinback Offline
enthusiast

Loc: United States
OK, I'm a lab guy,so you'll have to forgive me for a minute, but isn't the real measurement issue one of volume (and I do agree that size is just size, but it is the topic at hand)? So we have a tool, and we have to figure the specifications for the design of the tool. Then we can talk about more about exactly how the tool works as an extension of the craftsman!

Volume is a measure of how much space an object occupies. To figure volume, it's a simple measurement. Normally in a lab, you can immerse an object (yes, a dick counts as a sex object for this purpose) in a container of water, and determine how much water it displaces. After all, the amount of space the dick takes up in a womans vagina is what she's going to be getting physically, not a yardstick. Anybody ever done this? If the average is 6" in length, and the average girth is 5 1/4", then it should displace a certain vaginal volume.

As a mathematical model, the following is the theoretical average cock volume:

volume = Pi * radius2 * length

The radius of your dick is found by measuring the girth, and dividing by 2 x Pi(3.14): so just use the factor 6.28

So, if the average dick has a girth of 5.25", it will have a calculated average radius of .836" (5.25/6.28)

So the average volume of the average cock becomes 3.14 * .836 * .836 * 6, or about 13.672 cubic inches!

Whatever the actual volume of water your dick can push out of a cylinder of water (or a vagina) is now your bad news vs this established standard or measure! You've got your scientifically calibrated cock, not that it is any more useful than a hammer if you don't know how to use it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2290862_use-water-displacement-measure-volume.html6

You can't put more dick into a cylinder than you've got dick available. The method shown in this link has to adjusted somewhat, since you're not measuring a disconnected object like a marble or a basketball; so you fill the cylinder to the top, and then put your dick in, as far as it will go, displacing the water. The difference is your dick's volume. Deal with it!

#23160 - 07/20/10 05:38 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: skinback]
OlderMan Offline

Don't forget pressure. And style points!

#23167 - 07/20/10 10:46 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: OlderMan]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Skinback, this is the site for you: http://www.penisfactor.com You could also check out: http://www.lpsg.org/55111-penis-volume-chart.html

#23170 - 07/21/10 01:27 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: myrealname]
skinback Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: myrealname
Skinback, this is the site for you: http://www.penisfactor.com You could also check out: http://www.lpsg.org/55111-penis-volume-chart.html

I thought I was being a dick-geek till I read that! Two things I got as take away messages..1) my math was right on target, as was my method, and 2) I've got way too much time on my hands. I think I need to find some nice feminine hands to put to use wink

Got an interesting idea from the second article, when they talk about how womens breasts are measured in cup sizes... guys also wear a cup, and just thinking that, for those who place a value on their size, there could be a AA, A, B, C, D, DD, E etc penis-cup, based on the calculations. I can imagine a few will get a big "EE" tattooed on their foreheads, and probably carry a certified copy of their lab results on their persons at all times, more valued to them than their MasterCard.

#31666 - 03/12/11 10:42 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
Stephen Salvo Offline
stranger

Is a size of 6 inches considered big? Just curious

#31668 - 03/13/11 09:16 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Stephen Salvo]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

A length of 6 inches is above average, not sure where "big" starts.

#32020 - 04/24/11 01:39 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: MickC]
unilad48 Offline
stranger

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: MickC
I read a survey in Men's Health where women prefer the penis girth to be the size of a D battery. That's 4 inches around. I think I would prefer that in my mouth over a TP roll. No jaw cramps! Maybe it's just my wishful thinking since I'm pretty much a 4X4.

As a gay man I would much prefer a girth of 4" over a TP roll in my mouth or ass lol

#32208 - 05/23/11 06:23 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: unilad48]
rooter Offline
journeyman

measuring erect length and girth seems easy(6 7/8" length & 5 5/8 girth) the flacid dimensions vary

#32217 - 05/24/11 12:24 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: rooter]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

We were watching a show called "Strange Sex" the other night. And they had that guy on it with the biggest penis at 13.5.

Anyways- my husband said maybe I should measure him. I turned him down. I've never measured a man in my life! Hes never been self-conscious about his size at all, so I was surprised he mentioned it. Hes not the biggest I've had-- but I love his penis. It fits me so well! I LOVE that he can fit all the way in, because that body on body contact and the feel of his balls against me is primal hot. wink

#32237 - 05/25/11 12:20 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Firefly]
OlderMan Offline

Firefly, maybe measuring him would help you calibrate your eye and mind for all those seeking help on this site. You are the mod who keeps it all together, after all. Plus, it's kind of fun.

#32238 - 05/25/11 02:22 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: OlderMan]
JimInPhila Online   content

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
FF,
This could be a great way to boulster your hubby's self-confidence, especially since you really don't care but know whatever he has is fine in your,,,ahh, ahh, book.
Grab the ruler and measuring tape and say, "OK, finally, I'm gonna find out what perfection is."
If you don't measure him, I'd bet, as I would think, "Damn, she knows I'm little and doesn't want to admit it to herself."
JMO, I could be wrong.

#32240 - 05/25/11 02:57 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: JimInPhila]
OlderMan Offline

Jim, I totally agree with you. Your recommendation is a deft, uhh, touch.

#32252 - 05/26/11 01:34 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: OlderMan]
OlderMan Offline

Firefly, we're waiting to find out...

:-)

#32258 - 05/26/11 07:32 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: OlderMan]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Lol-- I love the "OK, finally, I'm gonna find out what perfection is" line. wink

I don't believe he would think if I didn't that it meant I thought he was little. He really has NEVER expressed any kind of problem or concern with his size. And neither have I! wink

As long as I want to have his penis-- hes very happy. smile And our sex life has never fallen off-- even after 13 plus yrs of having sex together. (the whole not having children probably helps...)

Though Oldermans suggestion to calibrate my mind and eye is a good one.

#33088 - 07/27/11 08:19 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Firefly]
OlderMan Offline

The only correct way to measure your cock is by the sincerity of your woman's sighs.

#33138 - 07/29/11 02:50 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: OlderMan]
TheDudeFun Offline
stranger

Loc: SE Michigan
I was fascinated with math provided here. I am not a math guy but fascinated that some others have mental capacity to develop a couple of those charts.

But even with those charts I am sure their are many guys still wondering if their package is adequate. So many can measure their penis and then looks at charts and even seeing where they line up in charts wonder "do I have enough?"

So, I have taken considerable time to develop a "chart" for those.

What for a time consuming t.v. event. Something like the NCAA basketball tourney in the United States. You don't have to be into college basketball to see how you measure up. Okay, what you do is pretend to be really be into it. You take a seat on the couch and watch or pretend to watch. You see the East coast games and sit there falling asleep through the West coast games. If you sleep on the couch for three days straight you do not have enough. If before the end of the third night your gf/wife drags you away from the Telee to be with her on the bed you have enough.

#34502 - 09/20/11 07:52 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
andry Offline
stranger

well measure it with a scale..or one more way by inserting penis into vagi.. and she will let you know the size.

Edited by George (09/20/11 08:45 AM)
Edit Reason: spam

#35170 - 11/28/11 09:45 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
OlderMan Offline

Another dimension, so to speak, is the variance in the size of any one man depending on time of day, arousal, alcohol intake, hydration, excitation, etc. If I have just a run-of-the-mill erection, I am about 6.5" x 4.5". But if I am very turned on with an EQ of 10, or about to come, I am 7" x 5" or bigger.

I am a huge grower, if that has any bearing.

#35171 - 11/29/11 02:22 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
granny__granola Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix
The more I like a man and the more I learn about the kind of human being he is, the more physically attractive he becomes to me. That's rather peculiar, isn't it? That my perception of his physical attributes would change over time, despite the fact that obviously the attributes themselves haven't actually changed.

His penis is definitely included in this phenomenon. The more I like him and the more he pleases me sexually, the more attractive his penis becomes to me, and the more I want to see it and touch it and feel it inside me. I don't necessarily see it as being larger in an absolute sense, but I do begin to see it as being the right size for me. Do you see what I mean? Being the right size is what matters.

In other words, the perception of penis size contains a lot of subjectivity. Actual physical measurement with a tape means very little to me. I understand about the male ego and whatnot, and I don't mean to criticize it or put it down. But if a man has the right size for me, who cares how many actual inches that is?

---Lily Tomlin

#35173 - 11/29/11 03:18 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: OlderMan]
nichjay Offline

Originally Posted By: OlderMan
Another dimension, so to speak, is the variance in the size of any one man depending on time of day, arousal, alcohol intake, hydration, excitation, etc. If I have just a run-of-the-mill erection, I am about 6.5" x 4.5". But if I am very turned on with an EQ of 10, or about to come, I am 7" x 5" or bigger.

I am a huge grower, if that has any bearing.

I've found significant differences in size as well due to varying circumstances. Kind of defeats the purpose of measuring.

#35177 - 11/29/11 03:59 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: granny__granola]
RainbowUnderwear Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: granny__granola
The more I like a man and the more I learn about the kind of human being he is, the more physically attractive he becomes to me. That's rather peculiar, isn't it? That my perception of his physical attributes would change over time, despite the fact that obviously the attributes themselves haven't actually changed.

His penis is definitely included in this phenomenon. The more I like him and the more he pleases me sexually, the more attractive his penis becomes to me, and the more I want to see it and touch it and feel it inside me. I don't necessarily see it as being larger in an absolute sense, but I do begin to see it as being the right size for me. Do you see what I mean? Being the right size is what matters.

In other words, the perception of penis size contains a lot of subjectivity. Actual physical measurement with a tape means very little to me. I understand about the male ego and whatnot, and I don't mean to criticize it or put it down. But if a man has the right size for me, who cares how many actual inches that is?

Very well said, Granny.

Choke, Chuck Palahniuk

#35181 - 11/30/11 12:09 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: RainbowUnderwear]
granny__granola Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: RainbowUnderwear
Very well said, Granny.

bigkiss

---Lily Tomlin

#35197 - 11/30/11 08:35 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
OlderMan Offline

LIKE!! iagree goodpost

Men, hear Granny! Believe her!

#37343 - 11/07/12 02:40 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: newguy234]
newguy234 Offline
journeyman

last time i been on this site and posted on this thread was in 09 im 22 now and glad to say i grew over and inch from 8 2/3 to nearly 10 i guess u can continue growin after ur 20s

#38610 - 04/18/13 09:36 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
OlderMan Offline

I just posted the LifeStyles Condoms charts in Member Pics, since I had the JPEG files on my computer but couldn't find them on the web.

#38633 - 04/19/13 03:58 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
CaroleTucson Offline

How to correctly measure?

Slide it inside your woman, and see if she likes it smile

#38638 - 04/19/13 09:10 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
OlderMan Offline

Yes! Carole wins. ^

Hey, where's the damn icons for "look up" and "I agree" signs and all that?

#38651 - 04/20/13 09:04 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
journeyman

I'm not understanding this chart

#39042 - 05/06/13 01:01 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
zxe Offline
enthusiast

The one issue with measuring your penis from the top, is guys who have a curve, using mathematics, the angle from the base to the top, will be shorter, than if you followed the angle of the curve.

#41736 - 10/16/13 12:33 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
Dennis Offline
stranger

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Many guys measure their dick, just in case they are asked. Few guys realize that their dick gets smaller [apart from when it goes soft] as they put on weight.
For every 15 kg of weight gain you lose about 1 inch. But gaining that inch back takes more effort, you need to loose at least 17 kg to achieve that goal.
So if your partner is gaining weight because he eats like a pig, tell him the facts, it will have more effect than nagging him.

#174186 - 02/10/14 09:02 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Big Al]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Al, it's maybe a bit ridiculous to add a further reply (in addition to my earlier one) as I come across this thread after nearly four years. But I notice that I failed to clarify for you back then that I was speaking in broad terms, about unpredictable life in all of its complexity and totality--not about anybody's penis size in general or in particular, and certainly not about mine (as you seem to take for granted, probably because you disseminate "enlargement" information). In that specific regard, I certainly have no complaints whatsoever. But if I won a jackpot, what about those who won an even larger one, or those who won a much smaller one?

I still say (realistically and pragmatically, not pessimistically) that with its tickets randomly, mindlessly issued, life is one big, unpredictable lottery. What's "fair"--or meaningful--about that?

Edited by franzl (02/10/14 09:07 PM)

#174347 - 03/02/14 01:59 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: franzl]
Big Al Offline
Sponsor
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: franzl
Al, it's maybe a bit ridiculous to add a further reply (in addition to my earlier one) as I come across this thread after nearly four years. But I notice that I failed to clarify for you back then that I was speaking in broad terms, about unpredictable life in all of its complexity and totality--not about anybody's penis size in general or in particular, and certainly not about mine (as you seem to take for granted, probably because you disseminate "enlargement" information). In that specific regard, I certainly have no complaints whatsoever. But if I won a jackpot, what about those who won an even larger one, or those who won a much smaller one?

I still say (realistically and pragmatically, not pessimistically) that with its tickets randomly, mindlessly issued, life is one big, unpredictable lottery. What's "fair"--or meaningful--about that?

It's good to see you around here again smile

The thing about life is that it's not always "fair", nor is anyone guaranteed "fairness" just by virtue of living. There are going to be those who are gifted with things or opportunities that others may never have. The irony in that is that those who have never felt the lack don't appreciate them until they're taken away.

Sometimes, that sense of "unfairness" can stimulate one to do things that they may not have considered had they been satisfied with their lot. Let's use your lottery analogy as an example: How many stories do you read of those who win lotteries who end up in worse shape than ever mere years after winning?

You appreciate what you have, and you make do with what you've got. Most important in all of that is the willpower combined with the desire to see what you want fulfilled. That can often take you farther in achievement than those who never had to struggle for what they wanted.

#174403 - 03/16/14 10:25 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
OlderMan Offline

Well said, Big Al.

OM

#174416 - 03/18/14 05:21 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
SirFoggy Offline

Loc: Born in Croatia, live (kinda) ...
Back in 1970 Stephen Stills wrote the song "Love the One You're With":

And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with

I know it wasn't cocks Stephen had in mind but this fits perfectly for all of the guys out there unhappy with their draw at the big lottery grin

#174418 - 03/18/14 10:05 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
JipTu Offline
old hand

Loc: Yorks UK
The thing with a lottery is - if you don't play then you can't win.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.