Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#18161 - 01/29/10 07:39 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: itsjustme]
JDANG Offline

Originally Posted By: itsjustme
i think the only correct way to measure your cock is in 'pleasure units'. how well does it please your partner and yourself? mine is pretty dang big by that method, and getting bigger all the time.

I like that.

#18174 - 01/30/10 05:57 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: JDANG]
Graham Offline
veteran

the problem with "pleasure units" is that it's an entirely subjective measure. Units of length are absolute.

I read one survey that said most people considered themselves great at sex. How can they all be great at sex? Great sex is so personal and probably different for most people. It includes such intangibles such as great chemistry which could be far more important than good technique.

Has anybody ever invented an orgasm measuring device? Maybe, that's the answer. I guess the orgasm-O-meter could measure pleasure units:

so the math would be:
n * i = p

where n (number of orgasms) * i (intensity of orgasms) = p (total pleasure units)

the O-meter device could consolidate all the intangibles together into an easy to compare unit of measure. So looks, chemistry, genital compatibility, and technique would all be taken into account.

Edited by Graham (01/31/10 10:13 AM)

#18211 - 01/31/10 10:00 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Graham]
itsjustme Offline

Loc: fl
Originally Posted By: Graham
the problem with "pleasure units" is that it's an entirely subjective measure. Units of length are absolute.

sure, units of length are absolute... if you are talking about measuring lumber or something. but the subject here is totally ego driven, and totally subjective. none of the measuring does anything to improve a person as a lover, or a man. there are guys on this site that talk about p.e. and when they give their measurements i think wtf, they are already huge! so in truth measuring with a ruler is completely subjective in how it relates to your own perception of your size.

now if you are the engineer type that needs to have everything quantified, well go for it. if you are attempting p.e. and need a yardstick (so to speak) to gauge your progress, ok for you. but the reality is that it doesn't matter at all how you measure your dick, it is your own perception of who you are that matters. i mean really, if one guy presses in the ruler and another doesn't, what contest does he win but the one in his head. yay! for him, i guess.

i pause for a second and think, ok if i was as big as most of the guys on here maybe i would be waving my measurements around too, if that made me feel better about my manhood. but i didn't choose my size, and guess what guys, you had nothing to do with yours either. but then i think of this morning's love making with my beautiful lover, and the multiple times she came with amazing intensity because of the things i have had a choice in doing and mastering; my connection, my technique, my energy, my presence, my imagination, and oh yeah my little old dick.

so yeah, 'pleasure units' it is.

#18213 - 01/31/10 10:16 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: itsjustme]
Graham Offline
veteran

I guess I'm an engineer type, lol.

But I like the pleasure units idea too. Sounds great. But the engineer inside me wants some way to measure it and make a graph or a real-time video display. haha. I'm mostly kidding about this.

#18224 - 01/31/10 03:36 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Graham]
JDANG Offline

But the engineer inside me wants some way to measure it and make a graph or a real-time video display. haha. I'm mostly kidding about this.

LOL! I can see it now.... a bar graph with penises acting as the "bars".

laugh

#18229 - 01/31/10 07:23 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: itsjustme]
pinkFlames Offline
veteran

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: itsjustme

sure, units of length are absolute... if you are talking about measuring lumber or something. but the subject here is totally ego driven, and totally subjective. none of the measuring does anything to improve a person as a lover, or a man. there are guys on this site that talk about p.e. and when they give their measurements i think wtf, they are already huge! so in truth measuring with a ruler is completely subjective in how it relates to your own perception of your size.

now if you are the engineer type that needs to have everything quantified, well go for it. if you are attempting p.e. and need a yardstick (so to speak) to gauge your progress, ok for you. but the reality is that it doesn't matter at all how you measure your dick, it is your own perception of who you are that matters. i mean really, if one guy presses in the ruler and another doesn't, what contest does he win but the one in his head. yay! for him, i guess.

i pause for a second and think, ok if i was as big as most of the guys on here maybe i would be waving my measurements around too, if that made me feel better about my manhood. but i didn't choose my size, and guess what guys, you had nothing to do with yours either. but then i think of this morning's love making with my beautiful lover, and the multiple times she came with amazing intensity because of the things i have had a choice in doing and mastering; my connection, my technique, my energy, my presence, my imagination, and oh yeah my little old dick.

so yeah, 'pleasure units' it is.

I agree with you itsjustme. It's pretty much what we women have been saying on this forum all along. Personally I have had the best sex ever with possibly my smallest partner. It's his love and knowledge of my body that leads to me being highly aroused for him and having multiple orgasms. Bigger dicks didn't get me there and one guy with a longer one used to consistently hurt.

#19613 - 04/03/10 06:44 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: pinkFlames]
OlderMan Offline

It's amazing how many times women say this, and men just keep stressing over size.

#20084 - 04/11/10 10:16 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Mycroft Holmes]
revelationman Offline
stranger

I just remeasured. Soft: 3in length 4inch girth. Hard 6.5 in length 6 inch girth. Just average haha!

#22988 - 07/16/10 04:50 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Mycroft Holmes]
skinback Offline
enthusiast

Loc: United States
OK, I'm a lab guy,so you'll have to forgive me for a minute, but isn't the real measurement issue one of volume (and I do agree that size is just size, but it is the topic at hand)? So we have a tool, and we have to figure the specifications for the design of the tool. Then we can talk about more about exactly how the tool works as an extension of the craftsman!

Volume is a measure of how much space an object occupies. To figure volume, it's a simple measurement. Normally in a lab, you can immerse an object (yes, a dick counts as a sex object for this purpose) in a container of water, and determine how much water it displaces. After all, the amount of space the dick takes up in a womans vagina is what she's going to be getting physically, not a yardstick. Anybody ever done this? If the average is 6" in length, and the average girth is 5 1/4", then it should displace a certain vaginal volume.

As a mathematical model, the following is the theoretical average cock volume:

volume = Pi * radius2 * length

The radius of your dick is found by measuring the girth, and dividing by 2 x Pi(3.14): so just use the factor 6.28

So, if the average dick has a girth of 5.25", it will have a calculated average radius of .836" (5.25/6.28)

So the average volume of the average cock becomes 3.14 * .836 * .836 * 6, or about 13.672 cubic inches!

Whatever the actual volume of water your dick can push out of a cylinder of water (or a vagina) is now your bad news vs this established standard or measure! You've got your scientifically calibrated cock, not that it is any more useful than a hammer if you don't know how to use it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2290862_use-water-displacement-measure-volume.html6

You can't put more dick into a cylinder than you've got dick available. The method shown in this link has to adjusted somewhat, since you're not measuring a disconnected object like a marble or a basketball; so you fill the cylinder to the top, and then put your dick in, as far as it will go, displacing the water. The difference is your dick's volume. Deal with it!

#23160 - 07/20/10 05:38 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: skinback]
OlderMan Offline

Don't forget pressure. And style points!

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.