Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#15321 - 10/19/09 01:31 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: Mycroft Holmes]
bane Offline

Quote:
The ONLY valid way to measure your dick length is to take an old-fashioned wooden school ruler, place it flat on TOP of your dick, and push it into your pelvis as far as you can.

I disagree with your way of measuring. You're meant to gently rest the ruler above the penis, you do not jab it in to your pubic bone, you gently rest it against the skin. Your way of measuring I'd be 6.7 long, my way I'm 6.4, but my way's more accurate and not cheating.

#15327 - 10/19/09 03:54 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: bane]
jiji Offline
enthusiast

Yeah man, I've questioned this method ever since I came across it here (see my post above, #10025). But a lot of people seem to subscribe to it, so what can you do. It's no wonder measurements vary so wildly.
You have me and I have you

#15330 - 10/19/09 04:29 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: jiji]
DAI Online   happy
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K
i agree,if i measured that way i would be just under 8.0ins,that can't be the right way to measure your dick.i just lay a ruler on top and not push into your pubic bone.thats how i measure my self,and i'am 7.6 instead of 8.ins.

#15796 - 10/30/09 04:44 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: ]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Loc: Indiana
The thickness of the "fat pad" overlying the male pubic bone varies widely from man to man. In a given man it varies with body weight and body fat percentage as well as age and even posture. The subcutaneous fat of the lower abdominal wall tends to droop with age in a man just as a woman's breasts droop. In some very slender young men, the bone-pressed and non-bone-pressed lengths may be very close, within 1/4 inch or so.

But in most men, most of that tissue is relatively easily pushed aside. When a man lies down, the fat pad may be substantially less.

If one is doing serial measurements on a given person, or if one wants to get an estimate of the variability of penis size in a population independent of body weight, the bone-pressed measurement is much more consistant.

And the "functional length" of the penis, meaning "how much can you get in" is often closer to the bone-pressed measurement than the non-bone-pressed one.

#16047 - 11/04/09 11:45 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: CutCaliGuy]
L.D.S Offline

Loc: United states
The pressing down to the bone IS the only way an overweight guy can get a true measurement. 7 years ago i weighed 40lbs more than i do and i thought i had only a 4 1/2 inch penis. Not awfull but smaller than it actually is. Now with 40lbs gone i'm around 5 1/2 and can pubic press to 5.8.My dick obviously didn't grow as an adult the fat went away. I still have some cushion there but its more like a 1/4 inch. Basically get yourself in the best shape you can to show a little more. The fat pad matters.

#16053 - 11/05/09 10:48 AM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: L.D.S]
bane Offline

The confusion lies in slim guys like myself. Even I have a fat pad, but it's barely noticable. If I push the ruler back I gain an extra 1/4 of an inch, making me 6 and 3/4 long. But only 6.5 will get inserted into a vagina, so that's why I don't think these bone pressed measurements are that accurate.

#16533 - 11/20/09 03:11 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: bane]
justaroundthecorner Offline

realistically if you aren't thrusting hard harder with your hips than you were with the ruler, you aren't doing it right;D

high five? 0/

#17342 - 12/28/09 02:57 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: justaroundthecorner]
DAI Online   happy
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K
OK! i've just measured my erection the way its claimed is correct.well instead of being 7.6ins i'am 8.1ins so i have gained half an inch,maybe i'll measure this way instead in future.good idea?

#17346 - 12/28/09 04:39 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: DAI]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Loc: Indiana
Well, it's your cock and you can measure it any way you want.

#17464 - 01/03/10 11:11 PM Re: How to correctly measure your cock [Re: myrealname]
Argonaut Offline
stranger

6.75 x 6 inches doing it that way.

My fiancée is a bit nervous, so it's probably the right size for us.

Edited by Argonaut (01/03/10 11:11 PM)

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.