Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#5379 - 12/13/08 02:34 AM Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

Loc: Somewhere in the Northeastern ...
A while ago, someone posted asking if underwear choice had anything to do with dick size. I responded with what information I've found, but that's sadly little, and the lines that can be drawn between size and underwear choice are pretty unclear. So I made up a little survey to try and get a handle on the situation. It takes five or ten minutes to fill out. It's not very scientific, and any claims about the results from it would have to be very hedged, but I'm curious. It has been crafted to account for and assess a wide number of variables. Please take the survey and post your answers below if you have the time; if you're not comfortable with other people seeing them, feel free to email your answers to my member account here or AnonymousPotamus@gmail.com . Once a minimum number of people have answered, say 50 or 100 (again, not very scientific), I'll post a statistical breakdown of results and try to interpret them as much as I can to provide a little light on the subject. To get things started, I'm posting my own answers below. Thanks!

Underwear and Dick Size Survey

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)?

2. What is your height and body type?

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they?

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they?

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage?

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)?

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity?

9. Have you been circumcised?

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft?

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard?

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly?

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind?

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)?

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why?

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why?

And here are my answers (can't get anything without giving a little, right?):

1. I am almost 26.

2. 5'11" and slightly chubby.

3. I hit puberty (which I'll define for myself as "began to ejaculate", since that was the first sign of it that I noticed) at 9, and finished puberty (which I'll define for myself as "stopped growing and developing secondary sexual characteristics") at 17.

4. I was born and raised in the USA.

5. I have lived in various urban and suburban parts of the Northeast all my life.

6. Mixed Central/Eastern European and Semitic.

7. Currently, middle-class, though I've fluctuated between working-poor, working-class and middle-class.

8. Queer/bisexual, switch.

9. I am circumcised.

10. Soft, it's about 3.5" long and 4.5" around on average.

11. Hard, it's about 6.5" long and 6" around on average.

12. I don't have any piercings down there.

13. I switch up between boxers and briefs.

14. If I don't have a clean pair of boxers or briefs, I'll wear boxerbriefs or (occasionally) freeball it.

15. In terms of household males, I was raised with a father, a younger brother, and at times two significantly older cousins lived with us. My dad wore boxers, my cousins wore briefs (I think), and my brother switched from briefs to boxers at about the same age I did (I don't know about now).

16. Yes. I wore tighty-whiteys until about the age of 12, when I switched over to boxers. I did this because it seemed like a lot of other guys were starting to wear boxers, and those who still wore briefs were occasionally teased in the locker room. I started going commando in high school, though I would still wear boxers on gym days; I think this was pretty much a horny teenager thing more than anything else. I started wearing boxers all the time again when I was in college, cuz I had roommates and didn't want to be flashing my junk at them whenever I needed to change clothes and they were in the room. I started switching up boxers with briefs on occasion after college, mostly cuz I like the way they hold everything together.

17. I like to jerk off in briefs or silk boxers sometimes, because of the additional sensation.

#5384 - 12/13/08 06:09 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

I'm sorry, my e-mail address is TheAnonymousHippopotamus@gmail.com

#5453 - 12/14/08 06:16 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)?
- 24 years

- 178 cm, not too chubby, but some fat at my tummy

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?
- It started about 10 y.o. (the time I'd noticed my first pubic hair, and it was blond and preety slight), and I do not know when exactly it ended, because it took a lot of time and was very slow process. I changed my voice arround 17, and started to shave in 17-18. My first mustache hair appeared at age of 16.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they?
- I have been born in Yugoslavia, but living in its former republic, today Croatia.

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they?
- n/a

- I am a Serb, white, south-east Europe.

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)?
- Middle class I guess...

- I am straight, but I enjoy looking at male genitals. I would not like to have sex with any male.

- No

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft?
- 10-11 cm/not sure

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard?
- 16-17 cm/not sure

- None

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)
- I prefer briefs, I like them. I realy like a nice tighty-whities. But sometimes I wear boxerbriefs. From my early childhood to 15 I wore only briefs. Then I changed it to boxers becaouse of classmates. At 18 I started to wear boxerbriefs. At the age of 21 i got back to briefs mostly. I find briefs most comfortable, nothing's hanging there, it is easier to hide an erection, my bulge looks bigger...

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind?
- I am willing to wear boxers if I had to, but there's nothing wrong with wearing nothing, too.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)?
- My father died when I was too young, but he wored breifs.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why?
- It changed a lot. I've explained it above.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why?
- If there's a need to get change in front of somebody much younger than me, I would rather be wearing boxer briefs, because it's kinda inapropriate to wear briefs and showing bulge, and all that hair arround.

#5455 - 12/14/08 06:36 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

Thanks for your response. I'll be sure to let you know when I post the collected data/analysis.

#5503 - 12/16/08 12:15 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
CutCaliGuy Offline

6' 185lbs

11-17

USA, Great Britain

Western, but have lived on the east coast as well.

caucasian

middle class

straight

1 year ago

13 cm or 5.1 inches length, 14.5 cm or 5.7 inches circumference.

18.5 cm or 7.25 inches 17.2 cm or 6.75 inches circumference.

nope

prior to my circ, i went commando. Now i wear boxers, or boxer briefs on occasion.

yes ill wear boxer briefs if no clean boxers.

dad wore the bikini type, as i recall.

i used to wear tighty whiteys as a kid, when i hit 14 i changed to boxers, when i hit 20 i quit wearing any underoos.

cant think of one, no.

#5507 - 12/16/08 02:42 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: CutCaliGuy]
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

Awesome, thanks for your response!

#5544 - 12/17/08 06:36 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
CutCaliGuy Offline

anytime.

#5597 - 12/18/08 05:53 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: CutCaliGuy]
Penis B. Little Offline
veteran

I really don't have the patience to do all the writing.That's because I am old.
I am 52 years old. I am 190lbs 5'8". I wore regular white(mostly white)briefs my whole life until about 2 months ago when I discovered boxers. Now I walk all over the place in them.I sleep with them,walk around the house all day with them, and go outside in the morning with my dogs it them.As a matter of fact, at my age, I do most everything in them.God bless'm,their always with me.
They and my dog are my best friends.They are comfortable to live in and they don't have a mortgage payment nor charge for electricity. They go places and do things with me and don't even talk back. They love going fast in my car with me and don't mind getting marked up when I get pulled over.Oh how I love my boxer shorts.
I am planning to add on another pair after the new year.But I don't plan on having a family.
I guess that's all I have to say about my underwear.I will keep you updated as life goes on.
Ok..let's go guys...hup two three four..hup.. two ..etc...

#5599 - 12/18/08 08:28 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Penis B. Little]
Anonymous
Unregistered

too lazy for this, just need to click boxes!

#5606 - 12/19/08 06:15 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
gunsnroses Offline
stranger

1. 19 1/2

2. 6'1" average/athletic

3. begun around 12, i think im done, 18 i guess.

4. United States

5.west coast

6. swedish/german

7. uppermiddle

8. heterosexual

9. no

10. ~3 inches long, ~2 inches around

11. 8.25 long 6 around

12. no

13. boxers

14. boxerbriefs

15. boxers

16. when i was younger i wore what was purchased for me

17. no

#5613 - 12/19/08 12:02 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: gunsnroses]
itsjustme Offline

Loc: fl
1. 50
2. 5'10" 180 fit and reasonably muscular
3. don't remember
4. US
5. Florida, born and lived through college in upstate NY
6. Caucasian, Scotch/ Irish
7. Middle / upper
8. straight. but not at all homophobic and have talked about some kind of same sex contact in a MFM threesome with my girlfriend.
9. yes
10. 2-2.5", 3"
11. 4.5" , 4"
12. no
13. boxer briefs
14. i have worn boxers, didn't like them. too bunchy and honestly i think my dick doesn't 'hang' enough for them to be comfortable.
15. dad and bro both wore briefs, as far as i know
16. raised in tighty whiteys. wore them into my twenties although the colors changed. as i worked out, played sports into my thirties the leg openings became too tight, and switched to boxer briefs for comfort. plus my women have said they look hotter.
17. lol, yes i have tried on a girl friend's panties, and boxers, and a thong (my ass looked good but my package is just too wee for a good visual). cotton boxer briefs are my strong preference, although maybe a nicer material would be cool if i found such a thing

#6026 - 01/09/09 11:33 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: itsjustme]
oe92 Offline
stranger

5'10, 126, always been skinny

had full pubes at 12.

USA

large midwestern city

white - heritage wise, half irish, quarter german quarter dutch

middle class

straight, but i've had fantasies about younger boys for several years now, since probably age 12 (it actually feels quite good to admit that)

yes

2 inches maybe? girth, don't know, probably average

about 5.4 inches hard, average girth

none

boxer briefs - i like tightness, but not briefs

n/a

two other men in house -- briefs/boxers

briefs as a young child, then boxers at maybe 8, then boxer briefs at 15

don't think so

Edited by oe92 (01/09/09 11:39 PM)

#6043 - 01/10/09 08:01 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: oe92]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 18

2. What is your height and body type? 6 foot 2 in. slender.

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? began 13 or so. ending about now?

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? united states

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? midwest.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? white.

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? middle

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? straight.

9. Have you been circumcised? yes.

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 4.5 inches long. 4 inch girth.

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? length 6.25 inches. 5.5 inches girth.

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? none.

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) Boxers.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? use to wear briefs, but if i had to wear something else boxer briefs.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? older brother. he use to wear briefs like i did, but once we both got to high school we started wearing boxers.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? yes, see the last two questions.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? when running or working out, boxers don't keep everything in place so well, a lot of bouncing and such. so underarmor is usually perferred.

#6062 - 01/12/09 05:54 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

2. What is your height and body type? 6foot 2inch little fat and muscle smile

started at 12 not ended yet

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? united states

Write now in UK but i was born and raised till 13 in lithuania

---

European

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? middle

Not sure middle i guess

straight

no

10-9cm(4inch) Girth 8cm(3inch)

15-16CM (6inch) Girth 13cm(5inch)

none.

Boxers (like to keep it free smile let it grow some more)

i gues it vould be briefs

older brother wore briefs i think ( i saw it once ) sister wore women underwear, and i didnt live with my dad so dontknow but now he wear boxers and briefs

when i was child i only knew about briefs so when my mom bought me boxers i started lovin them.

BOXERS!!! because all my stuff is free

#6163 - 01/17/09 07:54 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 feet 6? Skinny 125 pounds

Started maybe when I was 11-13

Canada

Ontario

White? Lol

Student

Straight up

No

No idea

5.5 inches length

No that shit is disgusting

Used to wear tidey whiteys when I was young, now its all boxers for me

Lol my dad wears tidey whiteys thats all I know

Yes when I was a kid tidey whiteys were comfy and stuff, but there were always disgusting cuz if u dont whiggle ur dick enough after pissing it would turn yellow and shit. Then when I was getting older I started wearing boxers because its more free, doesnt turn into shit stain cloth and tidey whiteys are kinda for lil kids

I always wanted to try silk boxers lol

#6204 - 01/19/09 02:22 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Steven Offline
stranger

Loc: New York
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 18

2. What is your height and body type? 5'10 and fit, athletic

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? started 13 and ended 18

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? USA

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? New York Presently also spend time in Rhode Island

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Irish, German and Greek

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? upper class

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Straight

9. Have you been circumcised? yes

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 1.5 or 2 length 1 circumference

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 4 length 2 circumference

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? no

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) briefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? boxers or boxer-briefs

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? briefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? no

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? no

#6228 - 01/19/09 04:18 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Steven]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Soon 20 years old.

175cm. Athletic.

12-17.

Israel. Canada.

N/a.

White caucasion. Jewish.

Middle Class.

Straight.

Yes.

5 inches long.

8 inches long. A little over 6 inches in girth.

No, thank you.

I wear briefs, but I would be glad to wear boxerbriefs as well.

Yes, boxers.

A father and an older brother, wearing both briefs.

No.

In situations which entail exposure, I may prefer boxers as they do not reveal as much as briefs do. Briefs emphasize to an embarrassing extent my genitals.

#6282 - 01/21/09 01:20 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Soon 16 .

148 cm. skinny .

11 - present havent stoped yet i think.

Netherlands, Gabon, Dubai, Greece.

N/a

Mix mom's White caucasion my dad is indonesian

Im a student .

Bi during my 13th year, straight since then

no

9 cm (4.5 inches) , girth idk

13cm (6.5 inches) girth never botherd

F...u..c..k noo.

I wear boxers unless i have sports then i dont wear anything

idk ive worn boxers since 7 years old be4 i wore Y fronts

A father (Y fronts) and an younger brother (boxers)

Nope

mayB tight boxers idk not rlly

#6337 - 01/24/09 01:41 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? I am 19

2. What is your height and body type? short 5'4" 253 lbs.

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? started at age 12

The U.S. from Toronto

I live in Michigan

Black native american

middle class

heterosexual

yes

2 inches

4 inches

none

joe boxers, boxer breifs, g-strings and no underwear

I would try almost any male underwear but breifs

breifs

no I was even brought up wearing boxers through potty training

If I feel like being attractive I wear my boxer breifs, layed back boxers, on the beach a thong or speedo and at my fiance' house no underwear.

#6552 - 02/05/09 08:52 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 feet 7

started about 12

UK

white, british

working class

straight

no

2 inches

5.5 inches, 4.5 inches girth

no

briefs

not really

dad, briefs and boxers
brother, 14 years, boxers
brother, 13 years, boxers

have tried boxers but didnt like them

no

#6639 - 02/07/09 01:28 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Ryan Offline
stranger

Loc: USA

2. What is your height and body type? short 5'4" 253 lbs.
Athletic 6'2 185

Started around 13

USA

New York

White, Irish and Italian

middle class

heterosexual

yes

4 inches long

8 inches long

none

Boxers, thongs(women), no underwear

I'd probably free ball it

boxers

Ya i went from briefs to regular boxers (thank god)

I'd only wear something else for my girlfriend.

Edited by Ryan (02/07/09 01:33 PM)

#6792 - 02/14/09 02:21 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Anonymous
Unregistered

5'11", 182 pounds, muscular.

11-18

Britain (now) , Russia (before) .

n/a

Afghan

Working Class

Straight

I have indeed.

2.5-4.5 inches in length, Approx. 5 inches girth.

6.25 inches in length, Approx 6 inches in girth.

Nope.

Boxers

I'll wear anything really, not too bothered about it.

brothers and dad, all wore boxers.

I used to wear briefs when I was smaller, I now wear boxers because I find them more comfortable.

Nope.

#7092 - 03/10/09 02:12 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
jason s Offline
stranger

ok enought about that i started puberty when i was 10 and it ended at the age of 19... i wear briefs im straight when on
when soft its 23cm and when n errect its on 29 i think its too bg i need help

#7138 - 03/13/09 12:04 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
rj9.4 Offline
stranger

6'2, 210, average

Started at 14 1/2 end at 21

USA

south

African american

middle class

bi

yes

4 inches maybe? girth 3

about 8.5 inches hard,4 girth

none

boxer briefs and boxers

n/a

two other men in house -- briefs/boxers

briefs as a young child, then boxers at maybe 8, then boxer briefs at 15

don't think so

#7139 - 03/13/09 04:43 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
foreskin Offline
stranger

im 29
5'8 athletic
early at 9 i had pubes and started jerking off (alot)
united states
ny
mixed latino white
middle
bi
yes, but i still have lots of foreskin:)
never measured soft but extremely small lol
when hard 6 and 5 inches around (really i'm special lol)
a 2 gauge prince albert! the ladies are scared/looove it!!
i like boxers during travel (allows room for growth) and jock straps for gym (my hairy ass gets sweaty, lol) and always nude in bed! with or w/o a girl!
raised with a bro and a sis. we were off and on nude, me and my bro use to compare..best was my nude sister! damn!! enough said, but she walked into me and my bro and best friend jo to porn! and no we didn't stop!!

#7270 - 03/22/09 05:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Ratty Online   content
old hand

Loc: United Kingdom

- I'm 33

- 5' 9", a bit overweight.

- Puberty for me started at around 13, ended about age 16.

- I'm proudly English!

- N/A

- White European

- middle class

- bi-curious

- No

- about 4.5" long and 2.5" around.

- About 5.5" long and 3.0" around.

- No.

- Definitely briefs.

- A thong would be fun!

- Boxers.

- No.

- No, I've only ever been comfortable in briefs.

#7510 - 03/30/09 12:57 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Ratty]
bryguy1 Offline
stranger

Loc: united states
5'10" average
13 still in
United States
Pacific Northwest

middle
straight
no, i love my foreskin
2-3 inches
5.5-6 inches, sometimes more but only when im really horny
no
boxers
boxer briefs, borrowed a pair from a friend once and they were comfortable
dad- briefs
yes, i use to wear briefs when i was younger then at like age 9 started wearing boxers
sometimes i like boxer briefs because they are snugger

#7687 - 04/06/09 12:57 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
smallpackage Offline
stranger

1. How old are you?

6' 1" Overweight

Probably started around 13 and ended at 18.

United States

Live in the Northeast, but have lived in the far West and the Rocky Mountains.

Caucasian

Middle Class

Straight - Heterosexual

Yes

1.5"/3.75"
4"/5"

No

I wear Shape Enhancers (padded)

Briefs

Father wore briefs.

Yes - Used to wear briefs but prefer the shape enhancers as they look better under jeans.

No - happy with what I wear.

Edited by smallpackage (04/06/09 12:58 AM)

#7752 - 04/11/09 04:32 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
maelstrom272 Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 27

2. What is your height and body type? 6'1'', thin ("athletic" is apparently the term nowadsy)

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? Started probably around 11/12, finished around 22/23 (in terms of development)

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? UK

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? N/A

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Nothing too exotic here - white European

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? At the moment, middle

9. Have you been circumcised? No

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 5 inches/3.5 inches

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 7 3/4 inches / 6 1/4 inches

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? No

Boxers

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Boxerbriefs will do

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Dad and brother: briefs and boxers respectively

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Yes - just find boxers more comfortable

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? No

#7808 - 04/14/09 12:12 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
clubsammich Offline
stranger

6 foot 4, I am in pretty good psychical condition

I started at around 10 ended at for good at 17

USA

I was born in LA, but raised in Seattle, moved back to LA a year ago

White: family from Denmark England and Sicily

upper middle class

straight

yep

length about 6 inches, girth about 3 inches

length 12 1/2 inches girth about 6 3/4 inches

no

boxers

no

yes and boxers

no

nope

#8065 - 04/26/09 06:22 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
02cscott Offline
stranger

Loc: Brighton, UK but soon to be Pe...
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 18yrs and 9 months

2. What is your height and body type? 5'11 and chubby frown

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 12 and still goin

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? UK but soon to be australia

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? White

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Bi

9. Have you been circumcised? I am going to be circumcised in about three days lol

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? umm 2 long and 2 girth i think not sure

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6in long and 6 girth

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? nope

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)boxers

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? boxers

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? nope

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? breifs when i'm dancing

#8136 - 04/30/09 02:36 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Taynio
Unregistered

Questions! I love questions! And I love lists, too, lol.

22 year

Um, 5'8" and like 190 Lbs or so last time I visited the doctor.

I started at around... 11.5 years I think, or so? Ended around, uh, not sure. 17-19, maybe?

United States, Israel

Tennessee. Former are West Virginia and Alabama.

Some say I am white, but I say mixed: Western European and Middle eastern.(Respectively. Half French, lol. Don't speak a word,though.)

Upper-Middle Class, used to belong to everything lower.

Straight, formerly bisexual/gay

No.

Usually 4-5 inches in length, 1.5-2 inches in girth.

7-9 inches in length, 4.5-6 inches in girth.

No. Thought about it, might get one.

Boxers, briefs. I don't like going a la nude that much.

Uh, sure. Any.

Yes; whitey-tighty, boxers, briefs, commando

Nope.

Depends on my mood. Any and all. Especially if my partner asks me to wear it, lol.

Edited by Taynio (04/30/09 02:39 AM)

#8263 - 05/04/09 01:23 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Handyj33 Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 74

2. What is your height and body type? 6' Average

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? So long ago but started around 12 don't really know when it ended.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? USA, 2 years in Japan

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Live in Southwest. Grew up in New England

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Irish/French

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Hetro

9. Have you been circumcised? Yes

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 2" long 3 around

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6" long 5 around

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? none

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) Go commando

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Briefd

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Dad went commando

no
17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Only weqar briefs when attending a public function wearing slacks.

#8625 - 05/23/09 08:27 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Handyj33]
BigOne Offline

Loc: Colorado
1. I'm 15

2. 5'7"

3. it started about 2 years ago.

4. USA

5. right in the middle

6. white

7. middle

8. strait

9. yes

10. about 3/4 an inch by 3/4 an inch

11. about 6 and 1/4 inch by about 5 inches

12. none

13. Boxers are what I prefer

14. if I don't have boxers I guess I'd co comando till I had some.

15. Just my dad and he wore breifs

16. no

17. not really

#8642 - 05/24/09 06:35 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: bradpiit]
BigOne Offline

Huh?

Son: I'm suposed to put my what where?!?! And do WHAT!?!?! Until What happens!?!?!

#8645 - 05/24/09 10:46 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: BigOne]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
It was just a spam poster BigOne. We've been getting a lot of them lately. They or maybe just one person-- registers and leaves nonsense messages with a link. I will keep banning anyone doing that. Permanently.

#8710 - 05/25/09 09:57 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Firefly]
BigOne Offline

Okay, thanks, cause I didn't get it.

Son: I'm suposed to put my what where?!?! And do WHAT!?!?! Until What happens!?!?!

#8784 - 05/26/09 08:49 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: BigOne]
dmiguel Offline
stranger

5'9" 185 lbs

Can't remember, maybe 12ish

4. In which nation do you live?
USA

New England

European

Middle

hetero

No

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 4" x 4"

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 5.75" long 5" around

No

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply):

boxer briefs, boxers, none on occasion

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? None

Dad wore briefs

Used to wear briefs

None I can think of..

#8935 - 06/01/09 03:35 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: dmiguel]
Woody Offline

6' 195 lbs. In good shape, but not great shape.

Started at about 10, finished at 17.

U.S.

California currently and have lived in Colorado also.

Italian and Native American.

Middle class.

Hetero.

Yes.

5 to 5.5 inches long, 5 inches around.

6.5 inches long, 5.75 inches around.

Nope, no piercings.

Boxers or nothing usually, briefs if I have to - like under slacks or a suit.

I'd probably just go without.

Just my dad - far as I know, he never wore anything but boxers.

I've always worn boxers, even as a kid.

I usually wear briefs under slacks or suit pants, but only for concealment. I don't really prefer to, but it's kinda necessary.

#9067 - 06/08/09 03:50 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
josh998 Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)?21

2. What is your height and body type?5''9

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?13 >

england

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity?st8

9. Have you been circumcised?no

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft?2

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard?4

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly?no

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)briefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? non or see through briefs or sexy ones

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)?yes boxers

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why?no from nappys which where briefs to briefs which i got now

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why?sexy onces

And here are my answers (can't get anything without giving a little, right?):

#9674 - 06/26/09 10:17 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
TRoe Offline
stranger

Loc: MO
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 51

2. What is your height and body type? 5'7", medium build

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? Hmmmmm

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? US

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Midwest

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Married/Bi

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 3½", 4" girth

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 5½", 5¼" girth

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) boxerbriefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? boxers

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? No

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? From briefs to boxerbriefs, for looser fit

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? no

#9696 - 06/27/09 04:40 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: jason s]
DAI Offline
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K
so if realy do have a 11.5 inch penis i think we need to see it dai

#9807 - 06/30/09 11:57 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: DAI]
mugwump1 Offline
addict

Loc: UK
Sorry, potamus, I don't have time to fill it all in either (and too much extraneous data, you need to study survey design!)

But from my own personal experience (many years of restricting underpants; average erect, small flaccid), I suspect that tight clothing (outer as well as inner!) will affect flaccid size because the penis doesn't get so used to hanging freely and spends more time pressed into its "shrivelled" state. I also doubt there's any significant effect on erect size, I think I'd be no bigger now if I'd worn an unaccompanied kilt all those years. smile

#12567 - 08/14/09 04:00 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
the dude Offline
stranger

Loc: queens ny

5'7 129(used to be 118 but i gained 11 pounds this past month...)

not sure

Guyana, USA

New york

west indian

upper middle class

BI

no

Not sure see below

18.5 cm or 7.25 inches 17.2 cm or 6.75 inches circumference.

around 6-7 will get exact when i learn the proper way of measuring lol

none

boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, no underwear

Yes, I prefer boxers because theres more room to breathe

My dad, mostly briefs according to the laundry :p

i used to wear briefs but switched to boxers around 16. Mostly because they're TIGHTYwhities.

ummm

Edited by the dude (08/14/09 04:01 AM)

#13549 - 09/03/09 10:20 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
indybt33 Offline
stranger

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 39

2. What is your height and body type? 5'10" Slim

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 19-20

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? US

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Midwest

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? White/European

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle Class

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 2" long, 4" Circ

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6.5" Long, 5.5 Circ

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) boxerbriefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? NA

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Briefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Yes, I used to wear briefs until boxer briefs came around

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? I would like to wear a thong or at least bikini every once in a while but no way the wife would go for it.

#13880 - 09/15/09 01:33 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: indybt33]
Graham Offline
veteran

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 46

2. What is your height and body type? 6'2" somewhere between athletic and bodybuilder

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? started 13 ended 19, maybe.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? China now, USA before, UK is where I grew up and went to Uni.

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Los Angeles/Orange County, Ca.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? White/European

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle Class

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 4.5 to 5" long, 4.5" circ

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6" to 7" Long, 5.75" Circ

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) boxer briefs, I think.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Sure. Briefs.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Briefs, Y-fronts.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? I wore no underwear for years because tight underwear hurt my balls. Now, it's not uncomfortable if I wear boxer briefs.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? If my gf picked something she thought was sexy, I would definitely try it.

#14073 - 09/20/09 12:59 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Christiaan Offline
stranger

Loc: Nederland

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 22

2. What is your height and body type? 183 cm Slank

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 11-12 Dunno

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Nederland, Aruba, Canada

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? n/a

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Nederlander, EU, caucasian

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Gay

9. Have you been circumcised? Noooooo

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 6,5 cm

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 15 cm

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) Low Rise Briefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? n/a

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Yes, bother who wears the same

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? No

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? If I am hiking or camping I don't wear any

#14550 - 09/30/09 12:23 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Dav Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 21

2. What is your height and body type? 5'9" Athletic with a belly

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 14ish not quite done

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Southeast, GA

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Black

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? UpperMiddle

9. Have you been circumcised? Unfortunately

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 3-4"x4"

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6.1"x 5.6"

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? Absolutlely not

Boxer briefs, Coverage and support smile

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Yeah but Ill probably go commando

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Bocers, Briefs, and Boxerbriefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Yes. Availability

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Sports require more support so sports underwear with extra support.... I have an uncomfortably straight dick and large balls

Edited by Dav (09/30/09 12:28 PM)

#14709 - 10/03/09 05:31 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Paisley79 Offline

1. 30

2. 5' 7" and Slim build

3. Started about 12 and finished about 16-17

4. Australia and grew up in the UK

5. NA

6. Caucasian

7. Middle class

8. Hetro

9. No

10. length 4.3inches, Girth 4.7inches when soft

11. Length 5.9inches, Girth 5.5inches when hard

12. no

13. boxerbriefs

14. Nope all i have in the drawer is boxer briefs.

15. combination of boxers and briefs over the years

16. Used to wear briefs as a kid, moved on to boxers as a teenager and now settled on boxer briefs. No idea why.

17. Slightly tigher boxerbriefs for sport, to keep everything in place.

#14729 - 10/03/09 04:02 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Arkhan Offline

Loc: Texas

Very nearly 23.

6' or 6'1" apparently depending on who is measuring me.
8.5 heads high 2.5 across: http://media.photobucket.com/image/male%...eslSM640Jpe.jpg
Massive bones, unreasonably strong (since I hardly work out...ever....), a little fat on me. (You try working out on the Gulf Coast of Texas. It's hotter than Hell here)

No idea and no idea. Is it weird that I didn't keep track?

USA. Probably spent enough time in Germany to count as having lived there.

Texas.

1/2(American/English/Native American mishmash) 1/2 German

Middle

Straight.

Yep.

2 inches minimum length, 4.2 girth

7.5 inches maximum (usually less), 5.7 girth

Technically yes. Frenulum is pierced. Nothing is ever worn in it tho.

Boxers or occasionally boxerbriefs.

See above.

Boxers and briefs.

Not really.

If I was to ever wear shorts(which I don't) I'd wear something more restricting than boxers.

Edited by Arkhan (10/03/09 04:04 PM)

#14731 - 10/03/09 04:09 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Arkhan]
Arkhan Offline

Loc: Texas
*Thinks it's bizzare and hilarious that I'm the only one who has answered yes(ish) to number 12. Me of all people.....*

Edited by Arkhan (10/03/09 04:09 PM)

#15113 - 10/14/09 04:11 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
manlihood Offline
stranger

height 165 , a bit fat on tummy

strt at 13

sg

chinese

middle class
straight
I am circumcised.

soft around 7.5"
hard around 9.5" to 10"
nope

boxer , mine kinda big if wears a brief its difficult to hide erection which i realli encounters a lot of time
perhaps buy a brief
yea ... all wearing boxer for nw
nope
if i am wearing itght office pant i will wear a brief

#15115 - 10/14/09 05:27 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
need7 Offline
stranger

1. I am 24

2. 5'11-158 pounds-healthy

3. 11-19

4. U.S.

5. The mid-south(no stereotypes please)

6. Anglo-Irish-English

7. Working Middle Class

8. Straight, but another dick has always turned me on, since grade school

9.yes, at birth

10. 3 and ?

11. 5 and 5

12. no

13. briefs and boxerbriefs..i think it is some infantile need to have my genitals held

14. a kiss....joking

15. yes, just my father. he wore briefs all his life.

16. briefs up until 6th grade, then i wore boxers over them for gym class...then boxers through high school(nobody wore briefs) and gradually back to briefs later on

17. a cowboy's thermals just for fun

#15999 - 11/03/09 05:49 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
mrt3991 Offline

5'8'' Average

Around 11

USA

Pacific Coast

White/Hispanic

Student/Middle

Straight

Yes

3.5 inches / 2.5 inches average

6.25 inches / 5.5 inches

nope

Boxers

Maybe, im not too fond of other types, but i might try boxer briefs or briefs

none

No it has not. I've always been a boxers guy

Nope

#16044 - 11/04/09 10:51 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
The Frog Prince Offline
stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hello all, new to the forum... figured this would be a good place to start.

1. 26 years old.

2. 6'0", fit/healthy.

3. I was a late bloomer... I started around 12 or 13, it ended around 16.

4. USA.

5. Seattle my whole life.

6. Caucasian.

7. Middle/Working Class.

8. Straight.

9. Thankfully, yes!! And loving it...

10. 3.5" length, 4.5" girth when flacid.

11. 7.7" length, 6.5" girth when erect.

12. No, but I would love to have a dydoe.

13. Boxer briefs... all the way...

14. Boxers, if need be.

15. They all wore briefs... never understood that.

16. I grew up wearing briefs, but switched to boxer briefs around 14 or 15.

17. I only ever wear boxer briefs. My bawls hurt if they are *at all* constricted.

#16192 - 11/09/09 10:34 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
thruxton Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona
My Answers to the Underwear and Dick Size Survey

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 35

2. What is your height and body type? 6'1 165lbs slim

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?13 - 17

USA

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? AZ

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? upper

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Bi

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? length 3-4 inches

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 7 inches

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) Boxerbriefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Boxers

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Dad wore tighty whities

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? From Boxers to Boxerbriefs

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? only if sex was involved smile

#16426 - 11/16/09 08:40 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: thruxton]
Punleto Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 22

2. What is your height and body type? around 5.8"

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 13-15

Singapore

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Singapore

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Chinese

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 5 inches

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6.7 inches

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) I don't wear it at home and usually never like it, just common boxers

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Boxers

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Same with me

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? No

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? No

#19566 - 04/03/10 07:23 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
monkeyboy Offline
stranger

6'4" 210lbs little bit of meat around wasste (and cock)

14 and about 17

Great Britain

NA

caucasian

middle class

straight

NO

about 3 inches long and 2,5 inches around

about 17cm long and 11.5 cm around

nope

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers

no idea lol

nope

cant think of one, no.

#19639 - 04/04/10 11:28 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: monkeyboy]
DAI Offline
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)?60

5.10 162lbs

around 12 about 15

U.K
N/A

Caucasian

Working class

Straight

yes

13.5cm length x12.0cm cicumference

19.3cm length x 14.3cm cicumference

NO

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): Boxers

sometimes tiny whites

N/A

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Depends. sometimes wear underwear with a bit of suport;

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? If i wear jeans i don't wear any underwear,let it hang free
cant think of one, no. [/quote]

#19667 - 04/04/10 04:17 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Hey-oh Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia

176cm - 70kgs (Athletic)
Started roughly 13 ended maybe 16?
Australia
n/a
Australian
Middle I guess?
Straight/bi-curious
No
4cm/unsure
14cm/unsure
None
I find briefs more comfortable but will wear others if need be.
n/a
briefs/boxer briefs
No
Comfort/style/sensation

#20262 - 04/18/10 06:46 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Howard Offline
stranger

I wear disposble diapers 24/7 because I am incontinent.

#20284 - 04/19/10 11:54 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: DAI]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Loc: The East
I go commando as much as possible. Saves on the laundry. I have some spare boxers for times when I need to see the doctor, etc.

My details: I'm 47, I'm 5'7", 9 st 7 lbs (133 lbs), ethnic Chinese, my dick is about 5½" hard and 2½" soft and is uncut and unembellished and I'm straight.

#20289 - 04/20/10 06:14 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Nat]
anti Offline

Loc: Australia
165cm, slim i guess?
started maybe 12 ended 15-16
Australia
n/a
Australian
Middle class
Straight
Yes
2.5"-3" maybe
about 7"
no
boxerbriefs
yes, boxers, none
not sure
no
no

#20304 - 04/20/10 01:15 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: anti]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

5'10", a bit overweight, but I am quite broad shouldered?
Around 12 years old, 16 maybe
UK
n/a
British
Working class
Straight
Yes
2.5-3" length, 3.5" girth
5.75" length, 5.5" girth
No
Briefs usually, none in summer month (it is just one in the UK)
yes I have some boxers as well
boxers
No, not really
If it's hot, I don't wear any.

#20357 - 04/21/10 07:14 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
JDANG Offline

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 43

2. What is your height and body type? 5'7"; medium build

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? Can't recall. It was a normal time though.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? The United States

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? West coast; I used to live in the north east.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Italian and Anglo-Saxon

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle class

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? Not sure. Have never bothered to measure it flaccid.

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6" X 5.75"

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? No.

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) I used to wear boxer briefs. Now I wear boxers. When I work out, I wear briefs for adequate support.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Sure. I'd go back to boxer briefs if I ran out of boxers.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Yes. Briefs.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Yes it has. I wear boxers now for better breathability and roominess.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? As stated before, I wear briefs when I work out at the gym.

#20386 - 04/22/10 05:53 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: JDANG]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Ok, I've been seeing guys respond to this thread for months, and I know it's intended for the guys, but what the hell, I decided to respond to it also ... (although I have no idea as to the purpose of it).

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 45

2. What is your height and body type? 5 ft 4, slender

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 13

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? USA

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Southwest. I've also lived in the Pacific Northwest.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? English/French/Hispanic

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? none yo' business

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? mostly straight

9. Have you been circumcised? n/a

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? n/a

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? n/a

13. What is your preferred type of underwear? v-string bikinis

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? I suppose so.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Yes. Briefs, I think.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Yes, a little. I used to wear ordinary bikinis. The v-strings are a little smaller.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? I don't think so.

#20393 - 04/22/10 06:34 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: CaroleTucson]
JDANG Offline

Originally Posted By: CaroleTucson

I like your heritage, Carole! Nice mix. wink

#20404 - 04/22/10 07:24 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: JDANG]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: JDANG

I like your heritage, Carole! Nice mix. wink

Mais oui, senor!

#20407 - 04/23/10 01:56 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: CaroleTucson]
JDANG Offline

Mais oui, senor!

Il est, señora!

Edited by JDANG (04/23/10 01:57 AM)

#21128 - 05/10/10 02:02 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: JDANG]
RainbowUnderwear Offline
old hand

Loc: Indiana
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 20.

2. What is your height and body type? 5'6, I've got some meat on my bones.

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 9-12.

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Midwest.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? German/Dutch/Irish.

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle.

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Straight.

9. Have you been circumcised? N/A

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? N/A

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? N/A

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? Nipples, if that counts?

13. What is your preferred type of underwear? Boyshorts or thongs, I suppose.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Really doesn't matter to me. I've got underwear of all sorts.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Dad wears briefs, brother wears boxers.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? When I was little I wore just regular briefs.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Thongs under dress pants, but otherwise not really.

Choke, Chuck Palahniuk

#21131 - 05/10/10 10:35 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: RainbowUnderwear]
cathead Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 42

2. What is your height and body type? 5'6, althelic build

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 12-16

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? Kentucky

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? white

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Middle.

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? Straight/?

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 4 length and 4 1/2 round

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 5 3/4 length 5 1/2 round

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? Nipples, if that counts? n/a

13. What is your preferred type of underwear? Boyshorts or thongs, I suppose.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Really doesn't matter to me. I've got underwear of all sorts.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Dad wears briefs, brother wears boxers.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? When I was little I wore just regular briefs.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Thongs under dress pants, but otherwise not really.

#21332 - 05/17/10 02:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
curious male Offline
enthusiast

Loc: usa west coast

5'10" 225 lbs

Jeez prob between 12 and 16 maybe

US

Pacific Northwest and southwest

Irish/Norwegian

Middle I guess

Bi-curious

yes

3.75 in dont know circumference

about 6 in dont know girth but am told pretty thick

No but have thought about it

Briefs but am considering boxers so the boys can have some breathing room. ;o)

Boxers

Briefs

See above for explanation
Briefs when its hot outside or none.

#21958 - 06/14/10 05:20 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: curious male]
tylerdurden46 Offline

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 39

2. What is your height and body type? 5'9" - 166lbs (lean and athletic)

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 14 - 16

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? UK

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? N/A

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? I'm white, but I (and some other people in my family) look like I might have some afro heritage a few generations ago.

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Upper middle class.

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? Between 5" to 7" length (variable - depends on many factors). Never measured the girth of my dick when soft.

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 8" length X 5.6" girth

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? None

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify). Boxers. Briefs are too restrictive and uncomfortable and they also emphasise the size of my packet too much (it is like a "Wonderbra" effect).

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? I will wear briefs if necessary, but I would prefer to go commando if briefs are not available.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Several brothers. We wore briefs when we were growing up.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Briefs when I was a child, but I changed to boxers a few years ago because they are more comfortable.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Not really, although my gf likes me in white Calvin Klein type briefs, so I wear them for her sake sometimes.

#23447 - 07/30/10 11:13 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
D_Dub Offline
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma
1. How old are you? 45

2. What is your height and body type? 6'4" burley

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 11

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? USA. Have lived in Philipenes and Porutgal

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? Oklahoma. Have lived in Hawaii, New Mexico and Texas

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Irish

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? str8

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 3 x 2

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 6.5 x 5

none

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)boxerbriefs

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? tightie whities

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? If I'm wearing underwear boxerbriefs are my #1 choice.

#24497 - 08/19/10 02:20 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
M-and-M Offline
stranger

19 years, 8 months

5'7", slim/somewhat muscular

I started around 12, finished about 16

USA

Southeast New England

White

Upper-middle class

I am straight

Yes

5-3/4" x 4-1/2"

8-3/8" x 5-1/4"

Nope

Boxerbriefs

My Dad. Old-scool, nearly-gone briefs

I went from boxers to hybrids because it can get a bit unwieldy without support. Plus, a good bulge is always a bonus.

None while with my girlfriend.

Edited by M-and-M (08/19/10 02:21 AM)

#29504 - 10/20/10 08:33 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
livinglarge Offline

Loc: Fla
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? (56 and 6 months)

2. What is your height and body type? (6'1 and very slim)

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? (age 8 or 9 and stopped at 16?)

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? (USA)

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? (DEEP south)

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? (Italian\Irish)

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? (upper middle)

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? (Male/straight)

9. Have you been circumcised? (yes)

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? (L 3.75 G3.25)

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? (L 8.25 W6.25)

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? (ouch..no)

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) (boxers)

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? (No I'll go without)

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? (All females)

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? (yes briefs to boxers. Drs orders)

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? (No)

#30930 - 12/30/10 03:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: livinglarge]
Matt37 Offline
stranger

Loc: Mid-Atlantic Area
Since I'm new here, I'll start off with this. ;-)

I turn 47 in February

I'm 5'9", athletic

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end

That was too long ago to remember. lol

US

I live in the mid-Atlantic area now, but used to live in the south.

White

Upper middle class

I'm straight, but bicurious. I'd play with a guy under the right conditions.

Yes

I'm about 3 inches long soft. I haven't measured the girth when I'm soft.

About 6 inches long hard, with a girth of 4.5 inches.

No

I wear men's thongs almost exclusively

If I don't have a thong available, I'll generally go commando.

My father wore boxers as best I recall.

I've been wearing thongs for about 15 years now. I tried them originally because I thought they were sexy. I got used to them and I love the feeling of bare ass cheeks in pants, so I wear them all the time.

I'm not aware of any.

#30931 - 12/30/10 05:04 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Matt37]
gibsonl4 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences 55

2. What is your height and body type? 5'10" 210 pounds

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 12/17

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Southeast but born in Northeast

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? Italian/Irish/Norwegian

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? Upper Middle

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 3.5 x 3.75

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 5.75 x 4.9

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, no underwear

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? Only my father... briefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? Not really

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Not really

#30932 - 12/30/10 05:37 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: gibsonl4]
gibsonl4 Offline

Since the thread is two years old and there are no results I figured I tally the responses to the most relevant questions:

There were 60 responses that had men's answers to the questions.

Underwear type by number of first choice responses:

Boxers = 32
Briefs = 18
Boxer/Briefs = 20
Other choices were also listed.

Circumsized Yes/No

Yes = 39
No = 21

Average Length x Girth

5.9" x 5.1"

I did not tally any other responses... just the ones related to underwear, size and circumcision.

#30943 - 12/31/10 09:16 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: gibsonl4]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Well, since you bothered to do all that work, I guess I can bother to do the survey, for what it is worth.

1. Age 58 yrs.

2. Height 5' 11". Weight 170 lbs.

3. I don't remember about puberty. Probably age 13-19.

4. USA.

5. I live in the Midwest and was raised there although I was born in the East. I have lived in the North, Northeast and the Southeast USA.

6. Caucasian: German/French/English/Irish.

7. Upper middle class. Born middle class to lower middle class.

8. Heterosexual. Not in the least "bi-curious".

9. Circumcised in infancy.

10. Flaccid penis size: much larger than when younger. Anywhere from 4.5" x 5" up to 6" x 6". Avg probably 5.5" x 5.5".

11. Erect penis size NBPEL 7.0" BPEL 8.0" "Functional length" 7.5". Girth mid-shaft 5.75". Maximal girth 6.25".

12. No hardware.

13. When younger, I wore briefs. Now either nothing or boxers. Boxer-briefs, jock straps or anything with a central pouch don't work for me.

14. If no boxers available I go without. I used to bicycle a lot and wore Lycra/Spandex bike shorts with a chamois liner back in the 1960s before anyone knew what they were. They are designed to be used without underwear. I bicycle much less now, but when I do that is what I wear.

15. No other males in household when I grew up. My father died when I was young and I have no brothers.

16. I used to wear briefs because that was what everyone else seemed to wear at the time. Early in my marriage, my wife bought me some boxers. I thought they looked goofy, but she liked them and after I tried them I found them much more comfortable. I was in my 30s at the time. Might have been coincidental, but my flaccid penis size started to get much bigger around that same time.

17. I like the way boxer-briefs look if I am wearing them without pants. They don't work for me in the vast majority of slacks. I have a big pelvis for my size. It is fairly tall, like most male pelvises but also broad, more like a woman's. Most non-tailor made slacks that I buy that are appropriately sized for my waist and ass are stretched somewhat across the front and the crotch seam winds up pretty high up in my crotch when I wear them at my natural waistline.

I have a pretty big flaccid size, and there is not enough room for it front and center, so my cock goes down one pants leg or the other. Briefs, thongs, jock straps and boxer briefs all have a pouch that wants to keep everything centered and they just don't work. Boxer-briefs would work OK in tailored suit pants, but I don't often wear them anymore.

#31056 - 01/09/11 09:00 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
mazda Offline
stranger

Loc: th
Thanks for the info.....

#31057 - 01/09/11 12:11 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: myrealname]
RiverHead Offline
old hand

Loc: United States
Quote:
Average Length x Girth

5.9" x 5.1"

Came in a bit above the 5 x 4.75 some claim is average. Exaggeration, fluke, true representation of average?

#31058 - 01/09/11 12:37 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: RiverHead]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Actually, very nearly identical to the mean length and girth obtained by the often quoted LifeStyles condom survey done by the Ansell Corporation in Cancun Mexico: http://www.ansellcondoms.com.au/education/research.htm

In that survey mean length was 5.877" and mean girth was 4.972".

#31059 - 01/09/11 02:17 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: RiverHead]
gibsonl4 Offline

Once again, the averages here are so close to every other credible source. But as important, the difference between a quarter of an inch or so is neglible except in the mind's eye.

For example, 5.9 x 5.1 (the average in this thread) represents 100.4% x 102.5% of 5.877" x 4.972" (the Cancun results).

I understand the difference between being significantly larger or smaller than average but within that "average range" does anyone think such small differences are really perceptible?

My stats put me at 97.5% x 96.1% of the average size in this thread. If this was a math test I would have gotten two A pluses! Sure some guys are bigger and some are smaller than me. But once again, in the average range does it really matter that much?

We all need to stop thinking in terms of fractions of an inch being a big deal so we can move on.

Actually, if you can't stop thinking about size at least stop worrying about it. Your partner's opinion of the size of your dick will quickly be, or has already been, replaced by their opinion of how well you use it!

Edited by gibsonl4 (01/09/11 02:32 PM)

#31872 - 04/09/11 05:43 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
2424 Offline
stranger

Thank you very much.

#32706 - 07/07/11 02:08 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
RichMozart Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 26

2. What is your height and body type? 5'8", slim to average

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 11-13

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Penn.

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? straight

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 2"/3"

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 5.5"/5"

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) boxers

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? boxers, briefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? I wore briefs until I started puberty than changed to boxers.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? None that I can think of.

#32847 - 07/19/11 03:44 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
Protein_Mink Offline
stranger

Thank you very much. Good content.
----------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JimInPhila (07/19/11 09:00 AM)

#33186 - 08/01/11 05:40 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
prid Offline
stranger

Thanks for your response

#33748 - 08/17/11 11:37 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
jenniferd Offline
stranger

This is very interesting post. Thanks for explaining the topic in detail. You have done really good work. I admire your efforts.

#34518 - 09/21/11 12:55 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
TrickyNick Offline
stranger

- 24 years old

- 5'8 and average

- It started when I was 12 and finished around 18 I guess.

- Canada

- Caucasian, French Canadian

- Middle class

- Straight

- No

- 3.5 inches

- No

- Boxers

- Boxer briefs

- Boxers and briefs

- Yes, I used to wear briefs when I was a little boy, but now I wear boxers cuz I'm a man.

If I'm working out, I prefer to wear boxer briefs because I like the way it keeps my junk in place.

#34615 - 10/03/11 12:20 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
SirFoggy Offline

Loc: Born in Croatia, live (kinda) ...
1. How old are you
6'3"
No idea.
4. In which nation do you live?
Born and raised in Croatia but my service took me to many different counties around the world.
Caucasian
Middle
Straight
Nope
5x4 at normal room temperature
depends on how aroused I am, 7x5 most of the time
It's nice looking already, piercing would just degrade it IMO.
boxers and boxer shorts, depending on what I my be doing at the moment. Boxers most of the time, though.
Yes, with 3, boxers and boxer briefs.
Nope.
None that I can think off.

Been stalking these forums for a long time but only recently decided to create an account. This is my first post but, hopefuly, not my last.

:me waves to every one

#36633 - 05/15/12 11:00 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
pnwuncut Offline
stranger

1. 26

2. 6'4, slim to average.

3. I suppose it depends on how you define puberty, I remember starting to get pubes around 11 and that is how old I was when I masturbated for the first time. However, I didn't ejaculate until I turned 13, around that time started getting more body hair and voice started to change.

4. USA

5. Pacific Northwest

6. Mediterranean/North African, German, British.

7. not telling.

8. Straightish (sexual attracted to the male body and watching guys play with their cocks, but not interested in any direct physical/sexual contact).

9. No

10. 4 in/3 in

11. 7.3/5.1

12. No

13. Boxerbriefs

14. N/A

15. Briefs

16. When I was a little kid I wore briefs, then around puberty I started wearing boxers because they were popular at the time, tried wearing briefs again around 21 and decided that I liked the support that briefs and boxer briefs provided and have been wearing them since.

17. Briefs, just for the occasional change up. Rarely boxers if I am sleeping somewhere I can't sleep in the nude.

#37819 - 01/08/13 01:35 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
D_Dub Offline
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 47

2. What is your height and body type? 6'4" big-n-hairy

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 11-18

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? USA - Have lived in Philippines and Portugal

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Oklahoma currently - have lived in Hawaii, Texas, New Mexico

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? bi

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 4/2

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 7/6

boxerbriefs

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? tightie whities

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? in high school and college I preferred tight briefs. When boxer briefs came out it was love at first site. Now I can't stand briefs

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? When it's cold I wear long underwear.

#38038 - 03/14/13 05:24 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
erectz Offline
stranger

where did you get this survey from?

#38046 - 03/14/13 05:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
JimInPhila Online   content

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
erectz,
Go to Page 1 of this blog, the first entry explains it all.
Regards, Jim

By the way, "erectz," this is a spam free site.

#38115 - 03/18/13 11:40 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
kubo Offline
stranger

. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 26

2. What is your height and body type? 181cm sport type

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? I guess 12-18

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? European

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? bi

9. Have you been circumcised? no

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? No idea

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 7.9 lenght

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) boxers, briefs, no underwear

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Practically anything

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? briefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? no

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Not really, tight briefs for gym maybe or really sexy tight briefs for jerking

#174174 - 02/10/14 04:47 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: myrealname]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: myrealname
Actually, very nearly identical to the mean length and girth obtained by the often quoted LifeStyles condom survey done by the Ansell Corporation in Cancun Mexico: http://www.ansellcondoms.com.au/education/research.htm

In that survey mean length was 5.877" and mean girth was 4.972".

Actually, the LifeStyles survey--widely considered the most accurate available--cites these figures as the average, not the mean. "Average" is the sum of all measurements divided by their number; "mean" is the figure exactly in the middle, the point at which there are as many measurements above as there are below.

Too, www.mraverage.com points out that LifeStyles' "Measuring of length was from the point at the base of the erect penis where the top of the penile shaft meets the pubic area to the tip of the glans." For the purpose of properly sizing condoms (which of course was Ansell's goal) that is perhaps the best method. But for determining the (completely impossible to achieve) "average" penis size for any population, limited or worldwide, it substantially misses the mark. It is inaccurate because (1) it measures less than the complete shaft, but (2) includes the thickness of both pubic hair and pubic pad, which can vary considerably from one man to another. For the most accurate figure possible, the ruler must be pressed firmly through the pad and against the pubic bone: giving the so-called Bone-Pressed Erect Length (BPEL). During this procedure, the "measuree" must be standing, with his penis held horizontally...i.e., parallel with the floor--which any or all of the LifeStyles personnel may or may not have (consistently?) considered. This method ensures that all penises toe the same starting line, as it were, and compete under equal conditions, thus providing the most accurate comparisons possible. ---But when it comes right down to it, this will-o'-the-wisp figure is not really of much importance anyway, is it?

N.B. Another company providing custom-sized condoms claims that it is compiling the end-all, be-all size chart, based on thousands of measurements from all over the world! True, all of the figures are self-measurements--but presumably less suspect, less prone to exaggeration, since the men providing them supposedly want condoms that fit them perfectly. Perhaps someone can recall that company's name? I can't at the moment, and don't have time to search reams of notes.

Edited by franzl (02/10/14 04:59 AM)

#174184 - 02/10/14 06:31 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Correction: There's a confusing booboo of phrasing in one statement of my post just above.

The LifeStyles method DOES NOT include "the thickness of both pubic hair and pubic pad." It's precisely that omission that skews the results, since there's a segment of shaft buried in them that goes unmeasured. That, then, is the compelling reason for using the BPEL technique.

Conclusion: The LifeStyles chart actually understates (shortchanges?) the "average" penile length.

#174407 - 03/16/14 10:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
OlderMan Offline

Mean is the sum of the lengths divided by the number n. Median is exactly in the middle - halfway between the extreme measurement on either end. They are both averages, as is the Mode - the most common measurement.

But good stuff.

#174833 - 06/12/14 07:40 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
ThePenIsMighty Online   content

Loc: Canada
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? - I am 26.

2. What is your height and body type? - 5'10, slim.

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? - Around 10 I started getting pubic hair, and masturbating. Started ejaculating a year later. It ended around 19, just got more body hair at that point.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? - Canada.

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? - Never lived there.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? - Caucasian (English, French, Irish, Scottish).

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? - Middle.

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? - Gay.

9. Have you been circumcised? - Yes, at age 4 for medical reasons.

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? - Between 3-5 inches long, not sure about girth.

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? - 7 inches long, again no clue how much girth.

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? - I do not, though I find genital piercings cool to look at.

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify). - I prefer boxer briefs, or no underwear.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? - I do occasionally enjoy wearing briefs, more support than usual haha.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? - Yes, my father and brother. Father wore briefs, brother wore boxers, but slept naked. I thought he was a hairy beast as a kid lol.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? - I used to prefer boxers, because I liked feeling everything move around while I walked. Now, I prefer boxer briefs, because I have large balls and a lot of walking gets uncomfortable.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? - Sure, I'd wear less revealing underwear if I expect to be undressing near kids. Or more revealing underwear with company that might enjoy the view.

#177068 - 12/19/14 04:47 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
SOUTHofZERO Offline
journeyman

Loc: Ecuador, South America
1. 20 (TOMORROW !)

2. 6' 1" slim

3. As I remember I was about 11 when I started getting hair, and spending more time in the shower, exploring, and EXPLOITING my boy parts. I was around 16 when I stopped growing, but kept getting a little more hair for another year or so.

4. I was born in the States, but now live on the Pacific coast of Ecuador, in South America.

5. When I lived in the States, I lived in FL

6. Caucasian

7. Middle

8. Bi

9. Yes, but I wish I wasn't. I'd rather have my foreskin.

10. 4" X 2.25"

11. 5.5" x 4.5"

12. No piercings, but I do have a very cool little smiling devil just above my dick. I need to keep a smooth shave so you can "SEE HIM".

13. My preference is the pouch style trunks, the kind that are contoured to a guy's natural anatomy, so there's a place for everybody down there. This is the style I've bought, since I started buying my own underwear. But I also have some boxer briefs, and old school boxers from high school.

14. Yeah, my second choice would be boxer briefs, third would be boxers, and last would be tightie whities. There's just something wickedly exciting about a guy in really hot tightie whities.

15. Yeah, my dad, and my brother. My dad wore tightie whities, and my brother used to where tightie whities (he's older than me), but then started wearin my boxers. Then my parents started buying him his own.

16. Yeah, when I was a kid, boys wore boxers, and so did I. In middle school, I remember getting some Tommy Hilfiger boxer briefs for a birthday gift. At first, I didn't like them. But a couple weeks later, I didn't have any other clean underwear, so I wore of pair of the boxer briefs. By the time I had a pair of tight jeans on, the boxer briefs started feeling a little "better" yo. I liked the idea that there was a way to keep my balls lifted up and away from my body, while also being separated from the shaft of my dick. I wore them more and more, along with the rest of my boxers. But when I started college, and buying my own underwear, I found the pouch style briefs and trunks. They are truly the best fitting AND feeling underwear I ever found. I like the idea that there is a way to keep my balls lifted up and away from my body, while also keeping the shaft of my dick from being stuck to the front of my balls.

#177389 - 04/01/15 06:42 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
data1730 Offline
stranger

Loc: new york

1. How old are you (72)

2. What is your height and body type? (6-1, chubby)

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? (12-19)

4. In which nation do you live? (USA)

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? (Northeast)

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? (White)

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? (middle)

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? (Bi)

9. Have you been circumcised? (No)

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? (3.5 x 5)

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? (6 x 5.5)

12. Do you have any genital piercings? (No)

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (male thong)

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? (Bikini briefs)

15. Were you raised with other males in your household? (Only child)

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? (Briefs to thongs for the feel and look)

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? (No)

#177812 - 01/02/16 08:25 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Vincenzo60 Offline
stranger

Loc: Pennsylvania
1. I am 60 years old
2. 5 feet and 11 inches tall
3. I am not sure at what age I began and finished puberty
4. United States
5. I live in Pennsylvania
6. White Caucasian
7. Middle Class
8. Heterosexual
9. Circumcised
10. 4 inch length and 4 inch girth when soft
11. 6 inch length and 5 inch girth when hard
12. I have no piercings
13. I wear boxer briefs
14. Boxers
15. I was not raised with other males in the household
16. I wore briefs when I was younger, boxers at age 35, boxer briefs at age 55
17. I would wear boxers because they are comfortable

#178080 - 03/04/17 03:36 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Justin Mathewson Offline
stranger

1. How old are you (28)

2. What is your height and body type? (6'4 265)

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? (16-18)

4. In which nation do you live? (USA)

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? (southeast)

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? (White)

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? (middle)

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? (straight)

9. Have you been circumcised? (yes)

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? (1x2)

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? (3.75x4)

12. Do you have any genital piercings? (No)

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (panties)

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? (boy shorts)

15. Were you raised with other males in your household? (no)

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? (have been in panties since about 18)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.