Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#34615 - 10/03/11 12:20 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
SirFoggy Offline

Loc: Born in Croatia, live (kinda) ...
1. How old are you
2. What is your height and body type?
6'3"
3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?
No idea.
4. In which nation do you live?
Born and raised in Croatia but my service took me to many different counties around the world.
5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they?
6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage?
Caucasian
7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)?
Middle
8. What is your sexual orientation/identity?
Straight
9. Have you been circumcised?
Nope
10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft?
5x4 at normal room temperature
11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard?
depends on how aroused I am, 7x5 most of the time
12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly?
It's nice looking already, piercing would just degrade it IMO.
13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)
boxers and boxer shorts, depending on what I my be doing at the moment. Boxers most of the time, though.
14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind?
15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)?
Yes, with 3, boxers and boxer briefs.
16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why?
Nope.
17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why?
None that I can think off.

Been stalking these forums for a long time but only recently decided to create an account. This is my first post but, hopefuly, not my last.

:me waves to every one

#36633 - 05/15/12 11:00 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
pnwuncut Offline
stranger

1. 26

2. 6'4, slim to average.

3. I suppose it depends on how you define puberty, I remember starting to get pubes around 11 and that is how old I was when I masturbated for the first time. However, I didn't ejaculate until I turned 13, around that time started getting more body hair and voice started to change.

4. USA

5. Pacific Northwest

6. Mediterranean/North African, German, British.

7. not telling.

8. Straightish (sexual attracted to the male body and watching guys play with their cocks, but not interested in any direct physical/sexual contact).

9. No

10. 4 in/3 in

11. 7.3/5.1

12. No

13. Boxerbriefs

14. N/A

15. Briefs

16. When I was a little kid I wore briefs, then around puberty I started wearing boxers because they were popular at the time, tried wearing briefs again around 21 and decided that I liked the support that briefs and boxer briefs provided and have been wearing them since.

17. Briefs, just for the occasional change up. Rarely boxers if I am sleeping somewhere I can't sleep in the nude.

#37819 - 01/08/13 01:35 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
D_Dub Offline
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 47

2. What is your height and body type? 6'4" big-n-hairy

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? 11-18

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? USA - Have lived in Philippines and Portugal

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? Oklahoma currently - have lived in Hawaii, Texas, New Mexico

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? white

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? middle

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? bi

9. Have you been circumcised? yes

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? 4/2

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 7/6

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? no

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)

boxerbriefs

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind?

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? tightie whities

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? in high school and college I preferred tight briefs. When boxer briefs came out it was love at first site. Now I can't stand briefs

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? When it's cold I wear long underwear.

#38038 - 03/14/13 05:24 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
erectz Offline
stranger

where did you get this survey from?

#38046 - 03/14/13 05:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
JimInPhila Online   content

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
erectz,
Go to Page 1 of this blog, the first entry explains it all.
Regards, Jim

By the way, "erectz," this is a spam free site.

#38115 - 03/18/13 11:40 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
kubo Offline
stranger

. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? 26

2. What is your height and body type? 181cm sport type

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? I guess 12-18

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? European

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they?

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? white

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? middle

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? bi

9. Have you been circumcised? no

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? No idea

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? 7.9 lenght

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? no

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify) boxers, briefs, no underwear

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? Practically anything

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? briefs

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? no

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? Not really, tight briefs for gym maybe or really sexy tight briefs for jerking

#174174 - 02/10/14 04:47 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: myrealname]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: myrealname
Actually, very nearly identical to the mean length and girth obtained by the often quoted LifeStyles condom survey done by the Ansell Corporation in Cancun Mexico: http://www.ansellcondoms.com.au/education/research.htm

In that survey mean length was 5.877" and mean girth was 4.972".

Actually, the LifeStyles survey--widely considered the most accurate available--cites these figures as the average, not the mean. "Average" is the sum of all measurements divided by their number; "mean" is the figure exactly in the middle, the point at which there are as many measurements above as there are below.

Too, www.mraverage.com points out that LifeStyles' "Measuring of length was from the point at the base of the erect penis where the top of the penile shaft meets the pubic area to the tip of the glans." For the purpose of properly sizing condoms (which of course was Ansell's goal) that is perhaps the best method. But for determining the (completely impossible to achieve) "average" penis size for any population, limited or worldwide, it substantially misses the mark. It is inaccurate because (1) it measures less than the complete shaft, but (2) includes the thickness of both pubic hair and pubic pad, which can vary considerably from one man to another. For the most accurate figure possible, the ruler must be pressed firmly through the pad and against the pubic bone: giving the so-called Bone-Pressed Erect Length (BPEL). During this procedure, the "measuree" must be standing, with his penis held horizontally...i.e., parallel with the floor--which any or all of the LifeStyles personnel may or may not have (consistently?) considered. This method ensures that all penises toe the same starting line, as it were, and compete under equal conditions, thus providing the most accurate comparisons possible. ---But when it comes right down to it, this will-o'-the-wisp figure is not really of much importance anyway, is it?

N.B. Another company providing custom-sized condoms claims that it is compiling the end-all, be-all size chart, based on thousands of measurements from all over the world! True, all of the figures are self-measurements--but presumably less suspect, less prone to exaggeration, since the men providing them supposedly want condoms that fit them perfectly. Perhaps someone can recall that company's name? I can't at the moment, and don't have time to search reams of notes.

Edited by franzl (02/10/14 04:59 AM)

#174184 - 02/10/14 06:31 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
franzl Offline
journeyman

Correction: There's a confusing booboo of phrasing in one statement of my post just above.

The LifeStyles method DOES NOT include "the thickness of both pubic hair and pubic pad." It's precisely that omission that skews the results, since there's a segment of shaft buried in them that goes unmeasured. That, then, is the compelling reason for using the BPEL technique.

Conclusion: The LifeStyles chart actually understates (shortchanges?) the "average" penile length.

#174407 - 03/16/14 10:45 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
OlderMan Offline

Mean is the sum of the lengths divided by the number n. Median is exactly in the middle - halfway between the extreme measurement on either end. They are both averages, as is the Mode - the most common measurement.

But good stuff.

#174833 - 06/12/14 07:40 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
ThePenIsMighty Online   content

Loc: Canada
1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)? - I am 26.

2. What is your height and body type? - 5'10, slim.

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end? - Around 10 I started getting pubic hair, and masturbating. Started ejaculating a year later. It ended around 19, just got more body hair at that point.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they? - Canada.

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they? - Never lived there.

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage? - Caucasian (English, French, Irish, Scottish).

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)? - Middle.

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity? - Gay.

9. Have you been circumcised? - Yes, at age 4 for medical reasons.

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft? - Between 3-5 inches long, not sure about girth.

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard? - 7 inches long, again no clue how much girth.

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly? - I do not, though I find genital piercings cool to look at.

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify). - I prefer boxer briefs, or no underwear.

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind? - I do occasionally enjoy wearing briefs, more support than usual haha.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)? - Yes, my father and brother. Father wore briefs, brother wore boxers, but slept naked. I thought he was a hairy beast as a kid lol.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why? - I used to prefer boxers, because I liked feeling everything move around while I walked. Now, I prefer boxer briefs, because I have large balls and a lot of walking gets uncomfortable.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why? - Sure, I'd wear less revealing underwear if I expect to be undressing near kids. Or more revealing underwear with company that might enjoy the view.

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.