Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#5379 - 12/13/08 02:34 AM Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

Loc: Somewhere in the Northeastern ...
A while ago, someone posted asking if underwear choice had anything to do with dick size. I responded with what information I've found, but that's sadly little, and the lines that can be drawn between size and underwear choice are pretty unclear. So I made up a little survey to try and get a handle on the situation. It takes five or ten minutes to fill out. It's not very scientific, and any claims about the results from it would have to be very hedged, but I'm curious. It has been crafted to account for and assess a wide number of variables. Please take the survey and post your answers below if you have the time; if you're not comfortable with other people seeing them, feel free to email your answers to my member account here or AnonymousPotamus@gmail.com . Once a minimum number of people have answered, say 50 or 100 (again, not very scientific), I'll post a statistical breakdown of results and try to interpret them as much as I can to provide a little light on the subject. To get things started, I'm posting my own answers below. Thanks!

Underwear and Dick Size Survey

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)?

2. What is your height and body type?

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they?

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they?

6. What is your ethnic/racial heritage?

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)?

8. What is your sexual orientation/identity?

9. Have you been circumcised?

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft?

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard?

12. Do you have any genital piercings, and if so, where exactly?

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind?

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)?

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why?

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why?

And here are my answers (can't get anything without giving a little, right?):

1. I am almost 26.

2. 5'11" and slightly chubby.

3. I hit puberty (which I'll define for myself as "began to ejaculate", since that was the first sign of it that I noticed) at 9, and finished puberty (which I'll define for myself as "stopped growing and developing secondary sexual characteristics") at 17.

4. I was born and raised in the USA.

5. I have lived in various urban and suburban parts of the Northeast all my life.

6. Mixed Central/Eastern European and Semitic.

7. Currently, middle-class, though I've fluctuated between working-poor, working-class and middle-class.

8. Queer/bisexual, switch.

9. I am circumcised.

10. Soft, it's about 3.5" long and 4.5" around on average.

11. Hard, it's about 6.5" long and 6" around on average.

12. I don't have any piercings down there.

13. I switch up between boxers and briefs.

14. If I don't have a clean pair of boxers or briefs, I'll wear boxerbriefs or (occasionally) freeball it.

15. In terms of household males, I was raised with a father, a younger brother, and at times two significantly older cousins lived with us. My dad wore boxers, my cousins wore briefs (I think), and my brother switched from briefs to boxers at about the same age I did (I don't know about now).

16. Yes. I wore tighty-whiteys until about the age of 12, when I switched over to boxers. I did this because it seemed like a lot of other guys were starting to wear boxers, and those who still wore briefs were occasionally teased in the locker room. I started going commando in high school, though I would still wear boxers on gym days; I think this was pretty much a horny teenager thing more than anything else. I started wearing boxers all the time again when I was in college, cuz I had roommates and didn't want to be flashing my junk at them whenever I needed to change clothes and they were in the room. I started switching up boxers with briefs on occasion after college, mostly cuz I like the way they hold everything together.

17. I like to jerk off in briefs or silk boxers sometimes, because of the additional sensation.

#5384 - 12/13/08 06:09 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

I'm sorry, my e-mail address is TheAnonymousHippopotamus@gmail.com

#5453 - 12/14/08 06:16 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. How old are you (please be exact, since I'm curious about generational differences)?
- 24 years

- 178 cm, not too chubby, but some fat at my tummy

3. If you have begun puberty, at what age did it start, and if you have finished puberty, at what age did it end?
- It started about 10 y.o. (the time I'd noticed my first pubic hair, and it was blond and preety slight), and I do not know when exactly it ended, because it took a lot of time and was very slow process. I changed my voice arround 17, and started to shave in 17-18. My first mustache hair appeared at age of 16.

4. In which nation do you live? If you have lived in any others, what were they?
- I have been born in Yugoslavia, but living in its former republic, today Croatia.

5. If you live in the United States, which region do you live in? If you have lived in any others, what were they?
- n/a

- I am a Serb, white, south-east Europe.

7. What economic class do you belong to (upper class, middle class, working class, etc)?
- Middle class I guess...

- I am straight, but I enjoy looking at male genitals. I would not like to have sex with any male.

- No

10. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's soft?
- 10-11 cm/not sure

11. What is the approximate length/girth (circumference, not width) of your dick when it's hard?
- 16-17 cm/not sure

- None

13. What is your preferred type of underwear (please select all that apply): boxers, briefs, boxerbriefs, banana hammocks (men's thong), women's underwear, no underwear, other (please clarify)
- I prefer briefs, I like them. I realy like a nice tighty-whities. But sometimes I wear boxerbriefs. From my early childhood to 15 I wore only briefs. Then I changed it to boxers becaouse of classmates. At 18 I started to wear boxerbriefs. At the age of 21 i got back to briefs mostly. I find briefs most comfortable, nothing's hanging there, it is easier to hide an erection, my bulge looks bigger...

14. If your preferred type is not available for whatever reason, are you willing to wear another type? If so, which kind?
- I am willing to wear boxers if I had to, but there's nothing wrong with wearing nothing, too.

15. Were you raised with other males in your household, and if so, what type of underwear did they wear (if you know)?
- My father died when I was too young, but he wored breifs.

16. Has your underwear-of-choice changed over the years? If so, can you explain why?
- It changed a lot. I've explained it above.

17. Are there certain conditions under which you would prefer to wear a different type of underwear, and if so, what are they and why?
- If there's a need to get change in front of somebody much younger than me, I would rather be wearing boxer briefs, because it's kinda inapropriate to wear briefs and showing bulge, and all that hair arround.

#5455 - 12/14/08 06:36 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

Thanks for your response. I'll be sure to let you know when I post the collected data/analysis.

#5503 - 12/16/08 12:15 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
CutCaliGuy Offline

6' 185lbs

11-17

USA, Great Britain

Western, but have lived on the east coast as well.

caucasian

middle class

straight

1 year ago

13 cm or 5.1 inches length, 14.5 cm or 5.7 inches circumference.

18.5 cm or 7.25 inches 17.2 cm or 6.75 inches circumference.

nope

prior to my circ, i went commando. Now i wear boxers, or boxer briefs on occasion.

yes ill wear boxer briefs if no clean boxers.

dad wore the bikini type, as i recall.

i used to wear tighty whiteys as a kid, when i hit 14 i changed to boxers, when i hit 20 i quit wearing any underoos.

cant think of one, no.

#5507 - 12/16/08 02:42 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: CutCaliGuy]
AnonymousPotamus Offline
journeyman

Awesome, thanks for your response!

#5544 - 12/17/08 06:36 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: AnonymousPotamus]
CutCaliGuy Offline

anytime.

#5597 - 12/18/08 05:53 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: CutCaliGuy]
Penis B. Little Offline
veteran

I really don't have the patience to do all the writing.That's because I am old.
I am 52 years old. I am 190lbs 5'8". I wore regular white(mostly white)briefs my whole life until about 2 months ago when I discovered boxers. Now I walk all over the place in them.I sleep with them,walk around the house all day with them, and go outside in the morning with my dogs it them.As a matter of fact, at my age, I do most everything in them.God bless'm,their always with me.
They and my dog are my best friends.They are comfortable to live in and they don't have a mortgage payment nor charge for electricity. They go places and do things with me and don't even talk back. They love going fast in my car with me and don't mind getting marked up when I get pulled over.Oh how I love my boxer shorts.
I am planning to add on another pair after the new year.But I don't plan on having a family.
I guess that's all I have to say about my underwear.I will keep you updated as life goes on.
Ok..let's go guys...hup two three four..hup.. two ..etc...

#5599 - 12/18/08 08:28 PM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Penis B. Little]
Anonymous
Unregistered

too lazy for this, just need to click boxes!

#5606 - 12/19/08 06:15 AM Re: Survey on Underwear, Dick Size and Other Stuff [Re: Anonymous]
gunsnroses Offline
stranger

1. 19 1/2

2. 6'1" average/athletic

3. begun around 12, i think im done, 18 i guess.

4. United States

5.west coast

6. swedish/german

7. uppermiddle

8. heterosexual

9. no

10. ~3 inches long, ~2 inches around

11. 8.25 long 6 around

12. no

13. boxers

14. boxerbriefs

15. boxers

16. when i was younger i wore what was purchased for me

17. no

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.