Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Topic Options
#36581 - 05/13/12 12:23 PM British view of Americans
OlderMan Offline

Here's one of the many reasons I love the Brits. They are very funny. Dylan Moran on Americans

#36582 - 05/13/12 04:26 PM Re: British view of Americans [Re: OlderMan]
cumbriankid Offline
veteran

Loc: U.K
I love him too but sadly we cant claim him!! He is from the republic or Ireland (they opted out of the union during the first world war - at gun point). Yea its a funny relationship our nations have!! I think we see the US as being the new home of our naughty but high achieving grandchildren.

I have had some VERY weird moments with US nationals - I have seen Tennessee hicks at their hickiest. I have met some odd, odd, odd charachters but one of my best mates is a Kentucky boy.

Yep.. Its an odd place. You should check out his routine about the Germans!! Thats funny too!!

#36586 - 05/14/12 08:47 AM Re: British view of Americans [Re: OlderMan]
JipTu Offline
old hand

Loc: Yorks UK
I worked in Louisville KY for 8 months in the early 90s and found the people the friendliest I have ever met - was invited to people's homes about every night I was there.
Got to admit the 'Brit' accent went down well with the Ladies smile
Was taken out several weekends into the 'sticks' to meet the 'hicks' and I have to say I was shocked (even amused) at the lack of knowledge about the UK and Europe in general.
Met one family who were going to London for the first time and they told me that they were hoping to visit Edinburgh, where their ancestors were from, for the day - approx 800 miles round trip. When I pointed this out to them: "Gee the UK looks so small".
Just got to 'luv em'.

#36587 - 05/14/12 05:13 PM Re: British view of Americans [Re: JipTu]
granny__granola Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: JipTu
I worked in Louisville KY for 8 months in the early 90s and found the people the friendliest I have ever met - was invited to people's homes about every night I was there.

Americans, for all their faults, are nothing if not generous. They may be ignorant, ill-mannered, gluttonous, gun-crazy, money-obsessed, and prudish.

But we are generous smile

Quote:
Got to admit the 'Brit' accent went down well with the Ladies smile

Goodness yes! I remember the first time I went to Europe. I flew on British Airways and when the captain came on to give his post-takeoff spiel, I was ready to ... ummm ... go offer him a ride in the cockpit.

Quote:
I have to say I was shocked (even amused) at the lack of knowledge about the UK and Europe in general.

Yeah, there is that. But we're ignorant of our own country too, so don't feel too slighted ... lol.

Polls consistently show that some ungodly percentage of Americans can't even find the USA on a world map. I'm happy to say, though, that most of us do in fact know our ass from a hole in the ground.

---Lily Tomlin

#36594 - 05/14/12 09:19 PM Re: British view of Americans [Re: OlderMan]
lilmissnaughty Offline
veteran

Loc: scotland
You think thats bad, Ive talked to people that dont know were Canada is... Or say "oh isent that one of the 50 States?" Aughhhhhhhhhh! (I supose its a good thing that they can at least count to 50.....)

#36597 - 05/14/12 10:58 PM Re: British view of Americans [Re: OlderMan]
granny__granola Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix
Remember this?

---Lily Tomlin

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.