Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#29386 - 10/18/10 12:16 PM Are you comfortable being nude among others?
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Just wondering what people's opinions are on being nude among other people. By this, I don't mean family, I mean in gym/team changing rooms, saunas/spa, beaches or anywhere else you may need to change/shower etc.

Reason I ask is some guys here have mentioned being embarrassed about being seen or even teased about their size. I'm sure there are a few women here who might have insecurities about their body/shape as well.

So outside of the bedroom with a partner, what's your position?

Me, I'm comfortable being nude in the right context. My experiences are: I undress at the gym locker room, walk to/from showers naked, sit in saunas with just male and mixed company, been to nude beach, skinny dipped with friends, sleep naked.

#29389 - 10/18/10 12:49 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Blade Offline
journeyman

I do not have any problems being naked in front of others, but I know lots of people in my surroundings consider this as a strange, weird thing.
As I recall, I went swiming at spa with my best frend. When we were about to go home, before we changed, we took a shower. I put of my speedo in the shower and he was suprised I did it because there are other people arround us (male, of course). And it didn't seem any weird or wrong to me.

#29391 - 10/18/10 01:05 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Blade]
livinglarge Offline

Loc: Fla
Only when I was very young did I feel self conscience. I also remember in junior high when we were first required to take showers after PE feeling uncomfortable. Those feelings left pretty quickly over just a few weeks. I am very slim and tall so other than wishing for a more muscle mass at the time I was never self conscious. In my early 20's I belonged to a club with a sauna. We would all sit in there naked. I am rather large and can easily droop to 6 inches flacid in that environment. I would always try to find ways to make that not happen. Maybe sitting in a particular position. I go to the gym 3 times a week now and it really doesn't effect me one way or the other.

Oh yes and a final thought. I have always visited nude beaches and feel VERY comfortable there also. Like a sauna...nude beaches aren't sexual in nature.

Edited by livinglarge (10/18/10 01:07 PM)
Edit Reason: afterthought

#29405 - 10/18/10 05:30 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: livinglarge]
Thonger Offline
old hand

I've been to nude beaches often and am very comfortable there. I don't have a problem being naked in saunas, hot tubs, swimming pools in the right context. Don't have a big problem with changing rooms also.

The only time I was uncomfortable on the nude beach was when I was giving my friend, a massage therapist, a massage because she was sore that day. As expected, I got an erection that I had a hard time hiding. I kept it squeezed between my thighs, but it was still quite visible. When the beer girl came by, she was watching and talking to me for a while and didn't seem to want to leave.

#29410 - 10/18/10 08:22 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Thonger]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure to be honest.

I haven't been anywhere or done anything that required me to be nude in front of anyone but my husband or my dr! And of course with the dr.. you get those really attractive "robes" that are pretty much open in the back. lol.

But even when I try to think about how I would feel about it-- I just don't know. I don't think I would be comfortable at this point in time on a nude beach.. but I might be fine in a locker room.

#29414 - 10/18/10 08:47 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Firefly]
gibsonl4 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I would not be completely comfortable being nude in public but I would not be ashamed either. If I was in a situation were people were taking off their clothes I think I would as well because I would rather be uncomfortable then stand out as a non-participant and reveal my insecurities. Fake it to make it, I guess.

#29415 - 10/18/10 08:52 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: gibsonl4]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Thats a good point-- being uncomfortable doesn't necessarily mean being ashamed.

#29416 - 10/18/10 09:34 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Firefly]
Graham Offline
veteran

It's strange. I'm comfortable at mixed nude gatherings, or even all female, but not all male. I've been to nudist beaches, mixed nude saunas, all male gyms, etc. Maybe I feel a bit ashamed when all guys are there, or self-conscious.

#29423 - 10/19/10 12:07 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: gibsonl4]
livinglarge Offline

Loc: Fla
gibsonl4, I had to laugh because you explaination brought back a memory. My buddy and I once took a boat to this beach off Marthas Vinyard. He had told me he wasn't going nude because he didn't feel comfortable. I agreed not to also. We were a few hundred yards off the beach drinking beer and could overhear the sun bathers on the beach saying we were spying. 3 people swam out naked and asked what we were doing. (2 guys and a girl) We told them we were drinking beer and invited them in. A few beers later we were all swimming naked to the beach with them. My buddy was the first one in the water. Under the right conditions he felt comfortable enough to join in. But to be honest, he was very adamant about not doing this. It took my by total surprise.

#29424 - 10/19/10 12:11 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Graham]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Thanks for the replies so far, there are of course exhibitionists who get a kick out of being seen, but I'm just interested in knowing how people are in a normal environment. Since many here are willing to post pictures of their penis online, I suppose the results are skwewed somewhat.

Just thought about when I was using the sauna with men at the gym, I used to sit on my towel rather than wrapping it around myself. I used to wonder if others thought I was an exhibitionist.

In the UK I think we generally have the reputation of being prudes, but when artists like Spencer Tunnick come, there never seems to be a shortage of people willing to be nude.

#29425 - 10/19/10 12:43 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
RiverHead Offline
old hand

No I would not be comfortable nude in the situations you mentioned.
I may also be embarrassed, but I'd definitely not be comfortable.

#29428 - 10/19/10 03:15 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: RiverHead]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Loc: The East
I would be completely comfortable being nude in shared showers, saunas, changing rooms, etc.

I've never been to a nudist beach, so I can't say, but as livinglarge says, I think if it feels natural, I would get my togs off.

I would be less comfortable with, say, a naked bike ride, cycling through areas with clothed people.

#29438 - 10/19/10 01:20 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Nat]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I did see some of the naked bike ride when I was in London over the summer. Looks like great fun, and the support from the crowd was brilliant, everyone seemed to be enjoying it and having a good time.

But doing that through the streets of a busy city with hundreds of cameras and video etc, I would not feel comfortable. Knowing my luck I'd end up on someone's website or newspaper.

But a nude beach, yes, totally recommend it if you ever get the chance. After 5 minutes, you realise nobody is staring and you just have an amazing time with the sun and breeze on your whole body. Swimming naked is just the best feeling.

#29453 - 10/19/10 08:14 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
anziano Offline
journeyman

I'm not uncomfortable being nude around others although that doesn't necessarily imply in public where nobody else is nude. I've been co-ed skinny dipping and such. It's one thing to be nude when those around you are also nude. It's another thing to feel like you are "on display" as being the only nude one there whild others are clothed. I think you have to have a bit of an exibitionist streak in you to feel comfortable displaying your body for others to see...like a stripper or model. Hats off to them, but I'm not sure I could do it unless perhaps on a dare or a bet. I did once, many many moons ago, streak when that was sort of the "fashion" back in the '70's.

#29462 - 10/20/10 08:38 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: anziano]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Yes, I agree - if others are nude, then being nude is not an issue. And in the changing room where folks are meant to be nude, but some men insist on wrapping towels around themselves, I'd have no issue being nude still. And a naked bike ride is a kind of display, and I think that's why I'd be uncomfortable. I saw them in York in June. It was a blustery day with rain. Brrr! I was glad not to be naked outside that day. Poor old willy would have shrivelled up. wink

#29467 - 10/20/10 12:49 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Nat]
familyman Offline
journeyman

Loc: UK
I am certainly comfortable being nude among others, as long as the others are naked as well. If other people remain clothed, it makes me self-conscious. blush

Like Nat, I would feel uncomfortable if I felt on display. eek

#29508 - 10/21/10 01:05 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: familyman]
bozoclown Offline
stranger

I enjoy being naked around others but I will never bring myself to initiate it and would be nervous around relatives. I enjoy walking around naked at a place I have out in the country. Always afraid one of the neighbors would drop by but I am not doing anything wrong am I?

#29797 - 10/28/10 07:29 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: bozoclown]
D_Dub Offline
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma
I have no problem being nude in public when it's just the guys. No big deal just the juys "hangin' out" all casual. I don't know how I would feel with women in the mix. It would definately cease being casual.

#29814 - 10/29/10 01:01 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: D_Dub]
JIP Offline

I’ve no problem at all in being naked.
I must admit that I did not feel this way in my teen years but when I learnt that I had no cause to be worried and became self confident with my body I thought/think nothing about going naked.
In fact I actually enjoy it. Maybe I have an ‘exhibitionist streak’ in me. In my younger, hard-up (cash wise) days, when I was going to the gym four times a week and was super toned; I posed for art life classes. Also, after being approached at the gym, I posed a couple of times for a magazine. Yes it was ‘one of those’ magazines but as the money was very good and in those days it wasn’t going to be published in the UK and I’m not in any way ‘that way’ inclined I couldn’t have cared less.
I’ve always sun bathed nude, where ever and when ever I’ve had the chance. On public beaches I have to be careful because not only does the sun make me feel good but for some reason it also has an ‘uplifting’ effect on me. This obviously has to be watched out for and appropriate ‘cover-up’ action taken. The easiest being suddenly deciding it is ‘back tanning time’ (towel only draws attention to) – God, that sand can be uncomfortable on a part that is flaccidly protected by a foreskin.
Few stories about nude sunbathing with this ‘affliction’ but they’re more appropriate for another posting.
I always walk around the house naked (with dressing gown handy) - providing dogs have been tired out by their walk and aren’t feeling too frisky and jumping up at me cry . Only time this has ‘back-fired’ is when I was married and I forgot (then) mother-in-law was staying with us. Sporting ‘full wood’ I went for early morning wee and meet said (then) mother-in-law on same mission. Don’t know who was most shocked, her at the sight of her daughter’s ‘fringe benefit’, or me at the vision of what my wife could turn into

#29823 - 10/29/10 05:09 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: JIP]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Thanks JIP, that's a very open an honest answer... also quite funny, the bit about the mother in law wink

#29841 - 10/30/10 07:40 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OlderMan Offline

I like the fact that saunas and steam rooms in Europe are co-ed and no clothes allowed. Since going to the gym and beaches here, I have grown much more relaxed and casual about being publicly naked around men and/or women.

I still find it very difficult not to sneak a glance at the women, though. wink

#29842 - 10/30/10 07:42 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Ha, ha. And needless to say ex-m-i-l never referred to the episode.

#29847 - 10/30/10 12:36 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Nat]
gamer_reg Offline
enthusiast

Used to be once upon a time when I still had the illusion of attractivness. Not so much anymore since the reality of time has taken over.

#29906 - 10/31/10 05:08 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: OlderMan]
Graham Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: OlderMan
I like the fact that saunas and steam rooms in Europe are co-ed and no clothes allowed. Since going to the gym and beaches here, I have grown much more relaxed and casual about being publicly naked around men and/or women.

I still find it very difficult not to sneak a glance at the women, though. wink

most of my nudist / naturist experiences were in Germany in the early 80's when it really exploded amongst the kids. I also headed to Greece with a carload of Germans and we went naked on the Greek beaches. Good times.

Is it still common in Germany for people to go naked at beach parks? Near Karlsruhe they had a lot of gravel pit lakes. They were basically beach parks and nudity was almost 99% followed. but that was 1983. I haven't been there since.

Topless bathing seems widespread in southern Europe. Or it was in the 90's when I was there. However, most of my beach days were in America where nudism or topless bathing is very rare except in private areas.

When I travelled around the world with my ex-wife it didn't take much encouragement for her to sunbathe topless in Europe and Polynesia. We generally go with the flow, but sometimes she was blazing the trail a little bit on some beaches. Trying to start a trend, as it were.

Edited by Graham (10/31/10 05:10 PM)

#30027 - 11/04/10 01:13 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Graham]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

It's got everything to do with the general tone of the place in question. And that seems to change - these days, it seems to me, for the more conservative. I've had the same gym for 20+ years and back when I started, the locker room was full of nude guys. I felt very at ease then. Nowadays, it seems almost strange to see a guy walk to the showers without a towel. And I can honestly say that there's only one or two fellas who shave nude. So - now I cover up.

#30039 - 11/04/10 06:17 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
biker_061 Offline
old hand

last time the OL and i were nekkid around others was a biker party last month. sex was not involved or expected just about 1/2 of the folks there like to be outside and nude. so we had around 20 folks, men and women, hanging out (so to speak) around the campfire. ages varied from 30 to over 60, good group of very relaxed friends!
Genesis 2:25
Ephesians 2:8
Luke 15:7

#30042 - 11/04/10 06:58 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: biker_061]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I changed gym about 18 months ago and I have noticed people are far more reserved there. I don't know whether its the clientele, or just the mix of cultures but it quite rare to see anyone naked. They all dress/undress quickly, are wrapped in towels or go home to shower. My old gym was mostly professionals and probably an older generation to be honest, but everyone changed in the open and walked to/from showers naked. The showers were open, no cubicles so I suppose there was no option.

I have to say I have become a little self conscious, it doesn't bother me if anyone sees me, but I don't want to be singled out as the guy that walks around naked!

#30044 - 11/05/10 09:31 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OldDocV Offline
stranger

I don't mind nudity at all, but I prefer it down south... Where the sun is. Where people actually have tans. So, I'll go naked with people in the summer, when we all have suntans (or sunburns) but not in the winter (when everybody is pale and grub-toned). Because I don't admire blue veins and corpse flesh. LOL

#30063 - 11/07/10 07:33 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: OldDocV]
phil_2010 Offline

I was reading this thread thinking if I can do it! But I cannot.
Maybe I have insecurity problems!
I dont even walk naked after a shower at the gym.
I admire people that can do it without any sexual interest. Just for the fun to be naked and feel free...

#30067 - 11/08/10 02:45 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: new2day
I have to say I have become a little self conscious, it doesn't bother me if anyone sees me, but I don't want to be singled out as the guy that walks around naked!

Similar experience. I used a pool frequented by students. Young men seem to be shyer, and generally mainly the well-toned ones walk around nude. But older men are generally not bothered about who sees what. But now I've moved to another pool which is a little more 'exclusive', and the men here seem to be draping towels more. I feel a little more self-conscious but not sufficiently so to go through the palaver of draping towels over my bits! wink

#30210 - 11/15/10 07:43 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Nat]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

I think I got some unwanted attention today when I walked naked from the shower into the steam room, which was empty when I went in. Another man comes in, also naked, and sits a foot away beside me (instead of, say, the other side). I shut my eyes because you can't see much in the steam. In a while I felt something poke my hand, and when I half opened my eyes, I see that I'm being stared at. I just feigned ignorance and went out after a while.

This has spooked me a little - and I suppose is one of the dangers of being nude among others. I don't mind being looked at, but when it's at close distance, it's uncomfortable!

Any similar experiences, and how did you deal with it?

Edited by Nat (11/15/10 07:44 AM)

#30214 - 11/15/10 10:30 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Nat]
familyman Offline
journeyman

Yes, it's happened just once - quite a few years ago!

I was taking a shower after spending some time in the sauna chatting with the assembled company, I was taking a shower when I suddenly felt extra hands helping me to soap my body. eek It was the elderly gentleman using the adjacent shower. I told him I could manage, thank you - how polite is that? - quickly showered the soap off, grabbed my towel and left. I did mention it at reception, but they said they knew the gentleman well, that others users had mentioned the same thing, but he was quite harmless. shocked

#30220 - 11/15/10 06:16 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: familyman]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Oh boy, there really are some weird people out there! For once I think I'm glad my new gym has separate cubicles and the steam/sauna is mixed! Mind you, every now and then when new members join I think they forget to tell them the area is mixed. I've seen both men and women walk in naked before realising their mistake and backing out.

I'm not sure I would be quite so polite if someone started helping me wash. I'm not normally a violent person, but that's stepping over the line with both feet, a swift punch to the nose and he might get the message.

#30231 - 11/15/10 09:41 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
familyman Offline
journeyman

Yeah, really weird!

But it was years ago and I was much younger and much less confident and a quick knee in the groin might have finished the old chap off. shocked

#30233 - 11/16/10 12:26 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: familyman]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

As you can tell, I'm not really the confrontational sort, so I might have said what familyman said! smile

#31014 - 01/03/11 09:15 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
DAI Offline
old hand

Loc: WALES U.K
I'm cofortable being naked,on the beach or in the garden,and when i can, walk around the house naked,all my friends are use to me now. and as to having an erection in public, ie a beach,you do see it,it happens, me included. although you tend to ignore it people will look, its a normal reaction to have a look.

#31015 - 01/03/11 11:16 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: DAI]
tylerdurden46 Offline

Yes and no.

I have no problem getting naked in changing rooms etc. As my dick is 6" x 5.5" flaccid, i actually quite enjoy the feeling of almost always being the most well endowed guy there. I'm also very comfortable being naked around my gf in the house.

However, i don't like using public urinals because i find it difficult to "go" when i feel i might be being watched.

#31016 - 01/04/11 12:43 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: tylerdurden46]
avgdick91 Offline

Yeah. I don't particularly mind either. Much like the poster above I don't have anyone particular reservations about my size. I tend to get a lot of glances in the locker room, but I've gotten used to it.

#31024 - 01/04/11 10:35 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: tylerdurden46]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Originally Posted By: tylerdurden46

However, i don't like using public urinals because i find it difficult to "go" when i feel i might be being watched.

My brother doesn't like to use public urinals either. He won't use a public bathroom unless there is a stall there.

A friend of mine avoids all public bathrooms as much as possible. When I was staying with them for a big family get together-- we were all out at one place and going to meet at another. She had to stop at home to use the bathroom before going to the second meeting place. We were a bit late. One of her daughters is the same way.

#31027 - 01/04/11 11:53 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Firefly]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I suppose you could consider having a pee a private thing, but standing there with your cock out amongst other men doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Here in the UK, many pubs still have open troughs rather than individual urinals, so yes you do have to jostle for position sometimes if its busy!

But many now have urinals and porcelain "privacy walls" for want of a better description between them, so maybe times are changing?

#31028 - 01/05/11 12:22 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

I think the public bathroom thing is a kind of phobia.

#31031 - 01/05/11 06:26 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
mayday Offline
stranger

Loc: seattle
When i was younger i went skinny dipping once. I use to walk around naked in my apartment with girlfriend. But never in public. I remember i use to yell at my moms for walking around with no bra sometimes, she would just laugh at me. My sis and her hubby does it at there home.

To answer the question i guess yes or it depends. The last thing i wanna do is creep ppl out. But i would do it with someone thats comfortable maybe even a group of ppl or nude beach.

#31049 - 01/07/11 09:53 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
DAI Offline
old hand

I just remembered some thing that at the time was funny, I was on camping holiday with a few mates, and our girl friends,we were about to go on the town, so i thought i'll have a shower, i walked across to the shower block took of what clothes i was wearing and got in to the cubicle,put my money in the slot, and had my shower,i then got out of the shower as it wasn't very big to dry myself,when a young woman was standing there with her little girl, and me naked,as i thought wrongly that it was a male shower block,only to find it was mixed showers,she staired at me as i was glued to the spot, and naked but for a towel,after that every time she seen me she would give a little smile, I was asked why, so i said it was a secret,.

#31103 - 01/15/11 05:40 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: DAI]
AlexG Offline

Forget it! No way I'll be nude in front of others. I won't even go to a men's washroom unless it's empty or I can go in the stall. I have NO desire to be thye brunt of ridicule and mockery. If I was hung (as as I call guys who have them "lucky bastards")or just even had a normal sized penis I wouldn't have a problem

#31104 - 01/15/11 11:35 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
gamer_reg Offline
enthusiast

I've never been shy about being nude around other men. I spent enough time in Army barracks and latrines to loose all of my false pride and shyness.

Until I turned 40 I never was real comfortable being nude with women though. to that point I had only been with maybe a handfull or so different women.

At about 42 I decided to give nudism a try. Just for the giggles of it. Went to a well established resort in Northern Georgia and spent a couple of weekends. I will say I enjoyed the freedom of shucking my clothing immensely! Being a student of human nature as I am I enjoyed watching the interactions of all ages. Don't take this wrong but I was fascinated by the families and how the adolescents dealt with the nudity. I mean there is precious few things more self conscious than a teenage boy and girl. Don't think so, try getting teen boys to shower after gym class! It was amaznig to see and experience the interactions in the nude setting!

Since though I have not been back. It was a single summer thing and I got self conscious being a single male and worried about frequenting the two or three camps I went to. It's not easy being a single male over 40 anymore.

#31110 - 01/16/11 01:58 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: AlexG]
RiverHead Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: AlexG
Forget it! No way I'll be nude in front of others. I won't even go to a men's washroom unless it's empty or I can go in the stall. I have NO desire to be thye brunt of ridicule and mockery. If I was hung (as as I call guys who have them "lucky bastards")or just even had a normal sized penis I wouldn't have a problem

I know how you feel, that's for sure...

#31494 - 02/15/11 01:38 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
zoomar Offline

I'm completely comfortable in a spa, shower or changing room with no clothing. I take a shower every day at work and have for years, it doesn't bother me. But, I find that many of the other guys cover themselves with a towel or wear their underwear while walking to and from a shower. I never wear anything while getting a massage or in bed. I enjoy walking around the house in the nude, and at night I sometimes walk around the yard in the nude. I've never been to a naturist resort, but I thnk I would enjoy it.

Edited by zoomar (02/15/11 01:52 AM)

#32663 - 07/04/11 11:36 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: zoomar]
DAI Offline
old hand

I have to say i am completly comfortable at being naked in front of others, fortunately, for me, is, all that know me are aware i like to be nude,specially when at home,so anyone who pays a visit know's what to expect when they pop over, and as long as they are aware of that, there is never any problem.Even though I have relocated back to a city i love, its still fairly isolated in the middle of a wood.The one thing is, many of my friends who do come over, some do go naked, but only at my place and nowhere else,its a comfort zone thing. And every year in the U.K there is an annual nudist cycle ride that visit most Cities to raise money for road safty for cyclists, I once tried to ride my bike naked, never again, VERY UNCOMFORTABLE on your bits.The funny thing is, most who take part are women.

#32664 - 07/04/11 11:57 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: AlexG]
DAI Offline
old hand

The one thing is that you don't have to have a toned body, or have a large penis, to visist a nudist beach, as you will see all type's big, small, fat , thin and those that think there the body beautiful, i have seen it all, so don't think it's about how big or small you think your penis is, as its not about that, and you realy do see all sorts whatever

#32674 - 07/05/11 02:45 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: gamer_reg]
granny_granola Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: gamer_reg
It's not easy being a single male over 40 anymore.

The world travels in pairs, that's for sure.

I'd say I'm comfortable enough being nude, although obviously it depends a lot on the situation. I've been to a couple of nude beaches in my life and I enjoyed it. Even the gawkers didn't bother me, whereas they would have bothered me a lot in some other situations. If you're just one among whole bunches of nude people, you quickly realize no one is paying you much attention anyway, so why worry about it?

#32679 - 07/05/11 11:04 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: granny_granola]
itsjustme Offline

Loc: fl
no, i don't think i would i would be comfortable being nude among others, but i enjoy being naked. i swam in my pool in the nude after work today, i walk around the house nude all the time when it is just the gardentender and myself. i have a pretty good body for a guy in his fifties, so that is not a problem. but i do feel self conscious about my size.

#32686 - 07/06/11 04:35 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Hugh Cares Offline
journeyman

Loc: Virginia, USA
I feel uncomfortable being naked in front of myself never mind in front of others. I have a fat ugly body that makes me sick. The small penis is just the cherry on top.

#32843 - 07/18/11 10:39 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
AaronVoss Offline
stranger

Loc: Minnesota
I know i am!! im 6ft2 220# and 4"erect or 1.5" soft
at the gym i would make sure i was covered or walk to the showers with my towel in hand.

#32892 - 07/20/11 08:54 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: AaronVoss]
LackingForeskin Offline

It depends. When I was younger I was really uncomfortable about being naked in front of others, because I was a really scrawny and extremely self-conscious about my body. I still think I'm a little self-conscious to this day, but nowhere nearly as much as when I was younger. Plus, I smoke marijuana from time to time, and if I'm out at the spa or something while I'm high, I might get a little bugged out at first. But eventually I settle into a comfort zone.

Edited by LackingForeskin (07/20/11 08:56 PM)

#32943 - 07/22/11 01:59 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
weeman151 Offline
stranger

yes i am ok being nude infront of other people male and female and i enjoy seeing other people in the nude

#32946 - 07/22/11 02:32 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: weeman151]
stef Offline
stranger

i never nude in front of others before
how does it feel when u nude in front of other ?

#32966 - 07/23/11 04:56 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: stef]
Lugnuts Offline

A few years back, before kids, the wife and I stumbled upon a nude beach so we decided to set the umbrella and give it a go. I recommend it ! It's a great feeling to be nude and skinny dip in the Ocean. We did have one a-hole walk by and comment, he says,"man you got nuthin'". ( I'm no shower as you can see by my pic ),I was about to jump up and kick his butt when the wife grabbed me and said " You got nuthin' too and where's your girl?! This did nothing for my self esteem but we had a great rest of the day and several more over the years.
For me, it took along time to muster up the nerve to walk around naked at the beach, also to get in the frame of mind to not care about what people think of your body. Just go out and do it, you'll love the feeling of accomplishment ! Just don't forget the sunblock !

#32971 - 07/23/11 07:55 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Lugnuts]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Great story lugnuts, love the come back from your wife! Shame there are some real idiots who seem to get off on that kind of behaviour. Have to agree with what you said, if you get a chance to try a nude beach, go for it. I tried it some years ago while on holiday and its wonderful feeling the sun on your whole body, and swimming will never feel the same again!

@stef, never been nude around others? Do you have showers after PE lessons at school or at a gym/changing room?

#32979 - 07/24/11 12:55 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Lugnuts]
granny_granola Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Lugnuts
the wife grabbed me and said " You got nuthin' too and where's your girl?!"

Haha ... great comeback!

And good for you for having the courage to try new things smile

#32981 - 07/24/11 08:52 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: granny_granola]
JipTu Offline
old hand

Loc: Yorks UK
As new2day says "its wonderful feeling the sun on your whole body, and swimming will never feel the same again!" and I couldn't agree more. I do it when ever possible.

But as I posted way, way back at the beginning of this thread I have only one problem with this, particularly on easily accessible or family beaches.
For some reason the sun, after a while, has a very 'uplifting' effect on me, which can obviously be embarrassing, both to me and those nearby.
This isn't a sexual thing brought on by naked females who may be around, or even an 'exhibitionist' thing, it just happens.

Does anybody else have this 'problem'?

Obviously at home, in the garden, this isn't a problem and has, I'm happy to say, at times lead to other things.

Edited by JipTu (07/24/11 09:01 AM)

#32982 - 07/24/11 11:28 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: JipTu]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I've only been to a nude beach a handful of times. First visit I was a bit nervous, so if anything, the opposite happened and I shrivelled up! But after 10 minutes, you realise no-one is looking at you and you start to relax. That first walk down the beach to the water seemed a little odd, you sort of relax when lying there, forget that you're naked, but when you get up again it suddenly hits you again that you're naked.

But it's not a sexual feeling, despite the mixed company. So I can understand that having the breeze and sun hitting normally covered areas is stimulating. I think the warmth of the sun increases the blood flow, so I did notice my penis/testicles started to hang lower, a bit like getting out of a warm bath. Can't say I had anythng more than that, not even a semi. I think naturists are an understanding bunch, we all know erections can happen spontaneously, so the best thing to do is roll over onto your front or wrap yourself in a towel.

#36637 - 05/16/12 03:25 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
pnwuncut Offline
stranger

In middle school I wasn't worried about it because I was a year older then everyone else so I was bigger down there and liked to show it off, in high school I wasn't ever in a situation where I had to get naked with other guys in a locker room, but I was more precocious at the time and probably would have tried to avoid it. By college I realized that I was above average down there and that flaccid size didn't matter so I started taking my clothes off again in the locker room. Now I will walk around naked like its no big deal.

#36638 - 05/16/12 03:31 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OlderMan Offline

Erect, I am 7x5 and larger than average. But flaccid I'm usually the smallest around. I am in the military and work out almost every morning in the gym, and so I have no problem being naked around other men. I am confident and don't try to hide at all. I figure my role is to make other men feel good about the sizes of their flaccids.

#37239 - 10/19/12 04:19 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
gcover Offline
journeyman

Loc: hudson, wi
Have been to nude beaches and nude/CO resorts. Not only did I feel comfortable nude among both genders, but actually enjoyed the interaction with other members of the resort. Never once felt that there was anything sensual about the atmosphere. Wish I had enough land so as to be able to be nude outside anytime, day or night. A few coworkers that I confided in would tease me some, but I came to realize that they really had hang ups regarding being nude on a beach, etc. I am nude in the house most of the time, but have something very handy to throw on should anyone visit. Never had an erection at any of these nude beach/resort events.
When my female doctor required visiting my 'stuff', I had no hesitation in dropping the pants. Have a female urologist that visits my 'stuff' twice a year and a female dermotoligist that inspects my entire body yearly for any signs of skin cancer. Does not phase me and I actually look forward to those visits.

#37240 - 10/19/12 10:35 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
JimInPhila Offline

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
Lucky gcover. Obviously, you're comfortable with yourself and your body. I'm envious. Would like to feel as you but I'm not there. Wish I was.

#37254 - 10/22/12 05:15 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
biker_061 Offline
old hand

one of the things we like best about having our nearest neighbor be a mile away is being able to be nude inside or out whenever we want. of course it's a little nippy outdoors in january!

#37255 - 10/22/12 08:43 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: biker_061]
granny__granola Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: biker_061
one of the things we like best about having our nearest neighbor be a mile away is being able to be nude inside or out whenever we want. of course it's a little nippy outdoors in january!

It doesn't often get nippy where I live (the temperature, I mean :)), but if there's a nice big fence around your back yard and bamboo screens around your back deck, you can be nude outside.

Or so I've heard blush

---Lily Tomlin

#37266 - 10/23/12 02:01 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: granny__granola]
biker_061 Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: granny__granola
Originally Posted By: biker_061

It doesn't often get nippy where I live (the temperature, I mean :)), but if there's a nice big fence around your back yard and bamboo screens around your back deck, you can be nude outside.

Or so I've heard blush

laugh...'or so i've heard' laugh

#37547 - 12/06/12 01:24 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: pnwuncut]
gamer_reg Offline
enthusiast

Dunno. Haven't been naked with another person in over 15 years.

#37552 - 12/06/12 04:50 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
JimInPhila Offline

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
I love a challenge. You on?

#38125 - 03/20/13 12:52 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
kubo Offline
stranger

I love beeing naked in fornt other guys, i like to show my preety big thing, sometimes im a little overexcited, then i try to hide my growing hardon, sometimes, when im alone in lockerroom or showers, i jack off too

#38985 - 05/02/13 05:14 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
secondchance Offline

Female.
I love hot water, so hot springs, commercial hot springs or even hot tub places are where I want to be,
Occasionally, "clothing optional" means "will stare if you are clothed," and so this shy and body shy woman has to get from changing to submerged in the buff.
Oddly, the same places aren't full of people staring, if you are in your skin. The clothes get the notice. Or so I keep telling myself.

Now, I'm ok being slow to dress in the morning, and often wash up the random glasses and tea mugs in the buff, so it isn't being nude per se, but adding people I don't know to the mix.

This was made worse by a visit to a known kink/swinger friendly hotel (there is a code for being left alone, too) recently.
My friend and I repaired to the hot tub (I suspect he has exhibitionist tendencies, but for himself, or to show me off, I don't know. Both?) and while we were verbally left alone, there were plenty of mostly men wandering in weird circuits to pass by us. Repeatedly.
Being nude in a place with a sex vibe was more difficult than a less sexually charged atmosphere.
But I'm game to try again.

That said, the most freeing afternoon I had was in Idaho Springs,CO in the cave baths.
Gender segregated (women's side signs, "don't talk" in six languages. Men's? The legal code on public sexual behaviour). What I got was women of any size and shape had their own beauty. And that included me. Valuable lesson.

Perhaps if men could expand their concepts of male adequacy, or be proud of their grower secrets, the trauma drama of the shower room would subside.

#39007 - 05/03/13 12:54 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OlderMan Offline

That's a very good point, secondchance. I like that -- "trauma drama."

#39095 - 05/09/13 08:02 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

We have a great TV programme her in the UK called Embarrassing Bodies. There's frequently full body nudity and very frank discussions on sexual health including examinations of breasts and testicles. This week they were showing how the male body changes over the decades, so it was 5 naked men talking to the presenter.... all very relaxed and open. It's an interesting programme to watch, and hopefully it will encourage more people to relax about how they look.

There's a good website to accompany it which includes some galleries: http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/

#39100 - 05/09/13 11:07 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Ratty Offline
enthusiast

Loc: United Kingdom
For me personally, I don't have a problem being naked among other people who are naked. Being the only naked person however is a different matter! It would be nice to have more socially acceptable opportunities for nudity as I do believe that being exposed to nudity from an early age can be helpful to show kids that all of our bodies are different, penises/breasts come in all shapes and sizes and all are totally normal and that nobody's perfect.

There was a fascinating documentary a few years ago over here in the UK, part of the BBC's Horizon series called 'What's the problem with nudity?' which is well worth watching at http://documentaryheaven.com/whats-the-problem-with-nudity/

new2day, it was largely because of Embarassing Bodies with it's mantra of "There's no shame, we're all the same" that helped me overcome my embarrassment in seeking help with the mark on my penis that led me to discovering my Type 2 Diabetes. Were it not for that show I would probably still be living in total denial, utterly unaware of the underlying problem.

#39101 - 05/10/13 12:34 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I remember that documentary, they had participants undress and asked them to rate how uncomfortable they were when other could see them. They also painted each other to denote which "bits" they found the most embarrassing. I think they also mentioned how we still have armpit/pubic hair!

So you are a success story, it's good to hear that you now have a solution and you can get treatment. There was another interesting documentary on Horizon last year about fasting, think it was "eat fat, live longer". It's become popular as the Fast Diet or 5:2 diet, you eat normally for 5 days, then on 2 days you consume upto 500/600 calories for men/women. Aside from the weight loss, one of the benefits is improvement in the insulin response.

#39116 - 05/10/13 09:39 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Ratty Offline
enthusiast

The best thing for insulin response is simple, get plenty of exercise - that was the advice of my diabetes nurse anyway!

Returning the subject of nudity, it would be nice if we could all be more open and less ashamed of our bodies but alas, those overly-prudish Victorians did far too much damage for us to ever be able to be more free from the shackles of repression.

#39119 - 05/10/13 11:09 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I'm not ashamed of my body, but that doesn't mean I'm "repressed" if I don't care to be nude in certain situations.

There's a time and place for being naked, just like everything else.

I love naked bodies, though. Men, women, young, old ... they're all beautiful. I've only been to a nude beach once, but it was wonderful. I want to go again.

#39122 - 05/10/13 11:36 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

We are still fairly repressed in the UK with regards to nudity. Odd considering how liberal we've become in almost every other way. In some European cities it's not uncommon to see people sunbathing nude or topless in city parks. In mixed saunas/spas nudity is usually mandatory.

I know many of my female friends have gone topless while on a beach holiday, but they would never do it in this country in case someone they know sees them.

I totally agree that there's a time and place for nudity, and unfortunately it's the pervy few that spoil it for everyone! Some nude beaches have been closed down due to sexual activities.

Some states in the US allow women to sunbathe topless, equality with men. I came across a group in New York that does this: http://coedtoplesspulpfiction.wordpress.com/

#39124 - 05/11/13 05:26 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
secondchance Offline

I'm near San Francisco.
Nudity isn't quite yet banned (thanks old Castro dudes who scared tourists), and often beaches have areas where nudity is accepted.

#39151 - 05/11/13 06:01 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OlderMan Offline

I used to surf at Black's Beach in La Jolla, CA. It's a long-time nude beach, but mostly old men were the ones getting naked. I haven't been there in many years; it may not even be a nude beach anymore.

#39172 - 05/12/13 09:18 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: OlderMan]
Ratty Offline
enthusiast

The most famous naturist spot over here in the UK is Studland Beach in Dorset which is on the south coast about 110 miles or so southwest of London. I have been there many times before as it is less than an hour's drive from where I live and it is a fantastic stretch of golden sand but I've never really had the nerve to go completely naked there!
I have gone naked at a private naturist club with an ex-girlfriend but that was a very secluded spot and totally enclosed, being out in the open on a beach is a different matter!

#39173 - 05/13/13 12:04 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I have tried a nude beach, I was on holiday and came across it by accident... no, really, I did! I was walking along the beach, not that busy but there were a number of mixed groups, many women topless. Towards the end of the beach I started seeing people sunbathing naked. So I thought what the hell, why not give this a try. Dropped my shorts and lay down on my towel.

After half an hour, I decided to go for a dip, walked the 20 yards or so to the water and waded in. What a feeling, swimming nude just feels fantastic and natural.

If you get a chance, give it a try. Guess what, after 5 minutes you forget you're naked. Nobody stared, pointed.... or laughed smile

#40842 - 08/04/13 10:37 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

#40846 - 08/04/13 11:50 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I used to surf at Black's Beach in La Jolla, CA. It's a long-time nude beach, but mostly old men were the ones getting naked. I haven't been there in many years; it may not even be a nude beach anymore.

It still is, OM. I've never been there, but I know people who have. What I've always heard people talk about is the trail down the cliffs to the beach, and how strenuous it is.

Originally Posted By: new2day
"I've not seen many penises in my life."

I joke with men that I've seen more penises than they have, especially if you mean "seen them close up".

Quote:
and men are generally private in locker rooms

It's the same way in women's locker rooms, although maybe not quite so obsessive about it.

#40854 - 08/04/13 04:50 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Bane2 Offline
enthusiast

No I'm not comfortable being nude around other people. Not because of my penis but because I'm quite skinny. It's something I'm working on.

#40871 - 08/05/13 04:17 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I find it varies from place to place. In some locker rooms (like my current gym), you see all ages and they usually walk to from the communal showers naked. In my previous gym, they had cubicles for the showers and even changing cubicles in the locker room.

A couple of months ago I saw a young (mid twenties) guy with a full erection in the showers. Very unusual, he was coming out of the showers as I was going in, made no effort to cover it up.

#40893 - 08/07/13 12:39 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: CaroleTucson]
OlderMan Offline

Originally Posted By: CaroleTucson

It still is, OM. I've never been there, but I know people who have. What I've always heard people talk about is the trail down the cliffs to the beach, and how strenuous it is.

Carole, I have walked that steep, skinny dirt trail many times in bare feet with my board. It is indeed strenuous and the hardest part is you have to climb up it when you are tired at the end of the day. I have always had a bathing suit and sometimes a wetsuit on, however. ;-)

#41288 - 08/30/13 06:20 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
secondchance Offline

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.