Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#29841 - 10/30/10 03:40 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OlderMan Offline

I like the fact that saunas and steam rooms in Europe are co-ed and no clothes allowed. Since going to the gym and beaches here, I have grown much more relaxed and casual about being publicly naked around men and/or women.

I still find it very difficult not to sneak a glance at the women, though. wink

#29842 - 10/30/10 03:42 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Loc: The East
Ha, ha. And needless to say ex-m-i-l never referred to the episode.

#29847 - 10/30/10 08:36 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Nat]
gamer_reg Offline
enthusiast

Used to be once upon a time when I still had the illusion of attractivness. Not so much anymore since the reality of time has taken over.

#29906 - 10/31/10 01:08 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: OlderMan]
Graham Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: OlderMan
I like the fact that saunas and steam rooms in Europe are co-ed and no clothes allowed. Since going to the gym and beaches here, I have grown much more relaxed and casual about being publicly naked around men and/or women.

I still find it very difficult not to sneak a glance at the women, though. wink

most of my nudist / naturist experiences were in Germany in the early 80's when it really exploded amongst the kids. I also headed to Greece with a carload of Germans and we went naked on the Greek beaches. Good times.

Is it still common in Germany for people to go naked at beach parks? Near Karlsruhe they had a lot of gravel pit lakes. They were basically beach parks and nudity was almost 99% followed. but that was 1983. I haven't been there since.

Topless bathing seems widespread in southern Europe. Or it was in the 90's when I was there. However, most of my beach days were in America where nudism or topless bathing is very rare except in private areas.

When I travelled around the world with my ex-wife it didn't take much encouragement for her to sunbathe topless in Europe and Polynesia. We generally go with the flow, but sometimes she was blazing the trail a little bit on some beaches. Trying to start a trend, as it were.

Edited by Graham (10/31/10 01:10 PM)

#30027 - 11/04/10 09:13 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Graham]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

It's got everything to do with the general tone of the place in question. And that seems to change - these days, it seems to me, for the more conservative. I've had the same gym for 20+ years and back when I started, the locker room was full of nude guys. I felt very at ease then. Nowadays, it seems almost strange to see a guy walk to the showers without a towel. And I can honestly say that there's only one or two fellas who shave nude. So - now I cover up.

#30039 - 11/04/10 02:17 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
biker_061 Offline
old hand

Loc: Oklahoma
last time the OL and i were nekkid around others was a biker party last month. sex was not involved or expected just about 1/2 of the folks there like to be outside and nude. so we had around 20 folks, men and women, hanging out (so to speak) around the campfire. ages varied from 30 to over 60, good group of very relaxed friends!
Genesis 2:25
Ephesians 2:8
Luke 15:7

#30042 - 11/04/10 02:58 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: biker_061]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

I changed gym about 18 months ago and I have noticed people are far more reserved there. I don't know whether its the clientele, or just the mix of cultures but it quite rare to see anyone naked. They all dress/undress quickly, are wrapped in towels or go home to shower. My old gym was mostly professionals and probably an older generation to be honest, but everyone changed in the open and walked to/from showers naked. The showers were open, no cubicles so I suppose there was no option.

I have to say I have become a little self conscious, it doesn't bother me if anyone sees me, but I don't want to be singled out as the guy that walks around naked!

#30044 - 11/05/10 05:31 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
OldDocV Offline
stranger

Loc: United States
I don't mind nudity at all, but I prefer it down south... Where the sun is. Where people actually have tans. So, I'll go naked with people in the summer, when we all have suntans (or sunburns) but not in the winter (when everybody is pale and grub-toned). Because I don't admire blue veins and corpse flesh. LOL

#30063 - 11/07/10 02:33 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: OldDocV]
phil_2010 Offline

I was reading this thread thinking if I can do it! But I cannot.
Maybe I have insecurity problems!
I dont even walk naked after a shower at the gym.
I admire people that can do it without any sexual interest. Just for the fun to be naked and feel free...

#30067 - 11/07/10 09:45 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Nat Offline
enthusiast

Loc: The East
Originally Posted By: new2day
I have to say I have become a little self conscious, it doesn't bother me if anyone sees me, but I don't want to be singled out as the guy that walks around naked!

Similar experience. I used a pool frequented by students. Young men seem to be shyer, and generally mainly the well-toned ones walk around nude. But older men are generally not bothered about who sees what. But now I've moved to another pool which is a little more 'exclusive', and the men here seem to be draping towels more. I feel a little more self-conscious but not sufficiently so to go through the palaver of draping towels over my bits! wink

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.