Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#29386 - 10/18/10 12:16 PM Are you comfortable being nude among others?
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Just wondering what people's opinions are on being nude among other people. By this, I don't mean family, I mean in gym/team changing rooms, saunas/spa, beaches or anywhere else you may need to change/shower etc.

Reason I ask is some guys here have mentioned being embarrassed about being seen or even teased about their size. I'm sure there are a few women here who might have insecurities about their body/shape as well.

So outside of the bedroom with a partner, what's your position?

Me, I'm comfortable being nude in the right context. My experiences are: I undress at the gym locker room, walk to/from showers naked, sit in saunas with just male and mixed company, been to nude beach, skinny dipped with friends, sleep naked.

#29389 - 10/18/10 12:49 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: new2day]
Blade Offline
journeyman

I do not have any problems being naked in front of others, but I know lots of people in my surroundings consider this as a strange, weird thing.
As I recall, I went swiming at spa with my best frend. When we were about to go home, before we changed, we took a shower. I put of my speedo in the shower and he was suprised I did it because there are other people arround us (male, of course). And it didn't seem any weird or wrong to me.

#29391 - 10/18/10 01:05 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Blade]
livinglarge Offline

Loc: Fla
Only when I was very young did I feel self conscience. I also remember in junior high when we were first required to take showers after PE feeling uncomfortable. Those feelings left pretty quickly over just a few weeks. I am very slim and tall so other than wishing for a more muscle mass at the time I was never self conscious. In my early 20's I belonged to a club with a sauna. We would all sit in there naked. I am rather large and can easily droop to 6 inches flacid in that environment. I would always try to find ways to make that not happen. Maybe sitting in a particular position. I go to the gym 3 times a week now and it really doesn't effect me one way or the other.

Oh yes and a final thought. I have always visited nude beaches and feel VERY comfortable there also. Like a sauna...nude beaches aren't sexual in nature.

Edited by livinglarge (10/18/10 01:07 PM)
Edit Reason: afterthought

#29405 - 10/18/10 05:30 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: livinglarge]
Thonger Offline
old hand

I've been to nude beaches often and am very comfortable there. I don't have a problem being naked in saunas, hot tubs, swimming pools in the right context. Don't have a big problem with changing rooms also.

The only time I was uncomfortable on the nude beach was when I was giving my friend, a massage therapist, a massage because she was sore that day. As expected, I got an erection that I had a hard time hiding. I kept it squeezed between my thighs, but it was still quite visible. When the beer girl came by, she was watching and talking to me for a while and didn't seem to want to leave.

#29410 - 10/18/10 08:22 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Thonger]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure to be honest.

I haven't been anywhere or done anything that required me to be nude in front of anyone but my husband or my dr! And of course with the dr.. you get those really attractive "robes" that are pretty much open in the back. lol.

But even when I try to think about how I would feel about it-- I just don't know. I don't think I would be comfortable at this point in time on a nude beach.. but I might be fine in a locker room.

#29414 - 10/18/10 08:47 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Firefly]
gibsonl4 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I would not be completely comfortable being nude in public but I would not be ashamed either. If I was in a situation were people were taking off their clothes I think I would as well because I would rather be uncomfortable then stand out as a non-participant and reveal my insecurities. Fake it to make it, I guess.

#29415 - 10/18/10 08:52 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: gibsonl4]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Thats a good point-- being uncomfortable doesn't necessarily mean being ashamed.

#29416 - 10/18/10 09:34 PM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Firefly]
Graham Offline
veteran

It's strange. I'm comfortable at mixed nude gatherings, or even all female, but not all male. I've been to nudist beaches, mixed nude saunas, all male gyms, etc. Maybe I feel a bit ashamed when all guys are there, or self-conscious.

#29423 - 10/19/10 12:07 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: gibsonl4]
livinglarge Offline

Loc: Fla
gibsonl4, I had to laugh because you explaination brought back a memory. My buddy and I once took a boat to this beach off Marthas Vinyard. He had told me he wasn't going nude because he didn't feel comfortable. I agreed not to also. We were a few hundred yards off the beach drinking beer and could overhear the sun bathers on the beach saying we were spying. 3 people swam out naked and asked what we were doing. (2 guys and a girl) We told them we were drinking beer and invited them in. A few beers later we were all swimming naked to the beach with them. My buddy was the first one in the water. Under the right conditions he felt comfortable enough to join in. But to be honest, he was very adamant about not doing this. It took my by total surprise.

#29424 - 10/19/10 12:11 AM Re: Are you comfortable being nude among others? [Re: Graham]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

Thanks for the replies so far, there are of course exhibitionists who get a kick out of being seen, but I'm just interested in knowing how people are in a normal environment. Since many here are willing to post pictures of their penis online, I suppose the results are skwewed somewhat.

Just thought about when I was using the sauna with men at the gym, I used to sit on my towel rather than wrapping it around myself. I used to wonder if others thought I was an exhibitionist.

In the UK I think we generally have the reputation of being prudes, but when artists like Spencer Tunnick come, there never seems to be a shortage of people willing to be nude.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.