Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#28696 - 10/09/10 05:42 PM Can too much masturbation make the penis shrink?
Bane2 Offline
enthusiast

Have a read here and decide for yourself:
http://www.library.ayurvediccure.com/over-masturbation/truth-about--masturbation.htm

It definately does affect erection quality.

#28698 - 10/09/10 05:47 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: Bane2]
JDANG Offline

I didn't read the article, I confess.... but I can't imagine how it would have such an effect. I'd think the opposite—with all the blood engorging and "massaging".

Hmmm... I'm gonna read it now.

Ok, I started reading it but stopped. I am living proof that this research is, at the very least, not very convincing. I mean, if it were - with all the jerking off I've done in my life - I'd be impotent by now! But quite the contrary is true—I get as hard, and just as quickly, as I ever have.

As for the shrinkage issue? I don't think so. But then, I'd have to go back in time and not masturbate as much in order to see.

Edited by JDANG (10/09/10 05:54 PM)

#28699 - 10/09/10 05:54 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: JDANG]
RiverHead Offline
old hand

Loc: United States
I call bullcrap. This outfit is selling products to remedy this.
Never believe what someone selling stuff says.

#28700 - 10/09/10 05:55 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: RiverHead]
JDANG Offline

Originally Posted By: RiverHead
I call bullcrap. This outfit is selling products to remedy this.
Never believe what someone selling stuff says.

I tend to agree with you, Riverhead.

#28703 - 10/09/10 06:36 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: JDANG]
JimBeam Offline
journeyman

Loc: Southwest USA
Yeah - don't bother reading it. Keeping everything working down there is essential to good sexual health. Now if you masturbate too much you may not be able to deliver the goods when your sexual partner is ready. But it's a good healthy exercise to keep you in shape when someone isn't in the mood or otherwise available.

Plus it is a great way to explore you body and find out what makes you tick. With some discipline and lots of exploration on my own, it helped me to become multi-orgasmic, and to last as long as my lady needs me. :-)

And like JDANG, I've been wanking a LONG time. 30+ years of it has managed to keep me just as horny currently as I was the day I discovered what else my penis could do.

Edited by JimBeam (10/09/10 06:37 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#31371 - 02/05/11 06:45 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: JimBeam]
Ibsys2009 Offline
stranger

Loc: Lincolnshire
Without regular use, the penis does shrink. Mine did when I was ill but it will maintain its size and be healthy with masturbation.

Our hectic lives mean we don't always "hook up" for sex as often or when we like so a good wank will work wonders! Use and enjoy they say and its true. The article on the link is a bit like Vicar and Church talk, bit like "if you pick your nose your head will cave in".

#31375 - 02/05/11 10:48 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: Ibsys2009]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

I don't believe that the penis shrinks without regular use.

#31386 - 02/06/11 11:18 AM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: Firefly]
JIP Offline

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Firefly
I don't believe that the penis shrinks without regular use.

Sorry Firefly this is the first time I have to (fully) disagree something you've said.

Several years ago I had to spend 7 months in hospital and my erect size certainly shrank (flaccid didn't) as did the strength of my erection.

It took quite a time of regular 'usage', with an understanding partner, before both length and strength (happily) returned.

#31392 - 02/06/11 12:49 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: JIP]
Graham Offline
veteran

I believe that regular masturbation and/or sex is essential. It just makes sense that you need to keep the pipes and mechanism in good order.

The only caution I've heard is that you shouldn't do rough masturbation, like rubbing against a sock or bed sheets. The reason is you may not be able to have typical sex with a woman and achieve orgasm vaginally. The rough masturbation desensitizes you and trains you to expect that amount of friction. No vagina will be able to match that.

So, personally, when my partner is out of town I masturbate frequently but use a loose fist style OR a fleshlight type of toy, both well-lubed.

#31404 - 02/06/11 10:42 PM Re: Can too much masturbation make the penis shrin [Re: Graham]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

I'll bow to the men on this one!

I can't claim to actually know anything about it. Its just didn't seem possible that it would actually shrink if its not used. (no actual muscles to atrophy...)

If anything, I would have thought that it may actually increase once used again-- out of sheer anticipation! lol

Is it the actual size that shrinks? Or is it the ability? Maybe it just takes awhile to get back to regular function? Or is the size actually smaller?

Interesting.

Edited by Firefly (02/06/11 10:43 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.