Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#26540 - 09/19/10 01:40 AM so who ready for some football
rapton Offline

my team is miami and detroit unforunatly they both suck but hopefully they come back. i dont go for hometeam which is arizona cardinals. well not really my hometeam being move there 2 years ago but you know what i mean.

#26544 - 09/19/10 02:00 AM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: rapton]
JDANG Offline

Ha ha! I've been a Raiders fan since I was a kid—during their hey-day when they were near invincible. I've not had much to cheer about in the past 10 years.

So, I'm right there with you in the "suck" department.

Edited by JDANG (09/19/10 02:00 AM)

#26554 - 09/19/10 09:47 AM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: JDANG]
Graham Offline
veteran

I like Liverpool and Manchester United. But I don't really catch the games unless it's a big cup game.

#26557 - 09/19/10 10:18 AM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: Graham]
lilmissnaughty Offline
veteran

Loc: scotland
Originally Posted By: Graham
I like Liverpool and Manchester United. But I don't really catch the games unless it's a big cup game.

Yeah but thats soccer to them wink

#26565 - 09/19/10 12:02 PM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: ]
Graham Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Happyhousewife

laugh Good one!

When it comes to European teams, my heart lies with Barcelona, because of family history and Messi.

I also like Manchester City but only because of Carlos Tevez. I used to like Manchester United when he was there!

My real team, though, is Boca Juniors. Ever heard of it?

Also, I never miss a game when Argentina's playing.

I'd never heard of Boca juniors before but google and wikipedia just fixed that. Now I'm extremely knowledgeable about them wink

You know, I wish America hadn't coerced the word "football". Everybody in the world calls football "football", with some transliteration for language differences. Then America has to steal the word and call a completely different game by the wrong name. I call their game "American rugby football" which is actually the truly most accurate name for it, but quite a mouthful, unfortunately.

#26570 - 09/19/10 12:48 PM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: ]
GreyWolf Offline
old hand

Crazy is right!

We did the same thing to breakfast cereal!

Look at "Grape Nuts"!

Look at the ingredients, NO GRAPES, NO NUTS!

WTF
USA
WTF
USA

#26572 - 09/19/10 12:59 PM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: GreyWolf]
OlderMan Offline

Seattle SEAHAWKS!

#26579 - 09/19/10 02:01 PM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: OlderMan]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I prefer college football. I root for Washington State (my husband used to teach there) and Arizona (I went to school there and my daughters go there). Cougars and Wildcats. I have a thing about predatory felines.

The 'Cats won last night!

#26587 - 09/19/10 04:56 PM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: CaroleTucson]
Graham Offline
veteran

Manchester United are probably the favourites to win the premier league, having won it the last 4 years. But I really hope somebody else wins, preferably Liverpool.

But I'm a really lame fan of Liverpool and football, in general. I almost never watch a game unless by total accident. Although, I'll read the online news. It's a great game, but I'm just not much of a spectator. I'm more of a participant than a spectator.

I will take pains to watch the World Cup though, at least I did until England and USA were knocked out.

I was actually hoping North Korea would win just so they wouldn't be executed on their return.

Even when I lived in the USA for 23 years, I watched exactly 0 (zero) American Rugby Football games live, and maybe 1 superbowl game on TV, 1 live major league baseball game, 1 minor baseball game live, zero on TV, 1 major basketball game (the clippers) live, and 0 ice hockey. That's in 23 years. Impressive record, eh?

However, I watched 2 world cup football tournaments in the USA. But mainly I played a lot of football in America with teams from work. Either at lunch or after work. My industry is pretty international so football is a popular work game. Much more popular than homegrown American games actually.

I vote baseball to be the dullest spectator game, about equal to cricket in pace and dullness. I'd honestly prefer to watch live hiking coverage or live fishing. If that was the choice. More than likely I'll forgo them all and play a game myself.

Seems like I didn't get the male spectator sports gene when I was conceived. But I did get the sportsman gene.

Edited by Graham (09/19/10 04:59 PM)

#26589 - 09/19/10 05:54 PM Re: so who ready for some football [Re: Graham]
GreyWolf Offline
old hand

I vote baseball to be the dullest spectator game, about equal to cricket in pace and dullness.

As a younger man I used to think the same thing about soccer. We used to refer to it as "stick-less hockey on grass".

It became the sport of choice for my oldest however. Eventually I learned the rules and intricacies. Only then did the game become interesting to me.

I guess I can see how someone new to baseball could find it boring. There are many many intricacies to the rules. What makes it even worse is that each league has slightly differing rules.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.