Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#19980 - 04/08/10 10:55 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: JDANG]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: JDANG
Well, I have to admit... she was a little younger than me. But not necessarily "young". She was 30 when we met.

LOL ... well, heck, I dunno. Maybe she was trying to tell you something smile

#19981 - 04/08/10 11:22 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: CaroleTucson]
JDANG Offline

Originally Posted By: CaroleTucson
Well, I have to admit... she was a little younger than me. But not necessarily "young". She was 30 when we met.

LOL ... well, heck, I dunno. Maybe she was trying to tell you something smile

I think she just enjoyed getting attention from me but never had any intention of doing anything with me.

Well, she did let me have a peek down her shirt, while sitting in my car, one day after lunch.... and she did text me a photo of her tummy (at my request) while we were at work one day.

Yeah... she was a tease! laugh

Edited by JDANG (04/08/10 11:23 PM)

#19982 - 04/08/10 11:51 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: CaroleTucson]
Thonger Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: CaroleTucson

No misinterpreting "ugh ... how you like rock up your nose?" either ... lol

Or how about "I bonk you on head with club and drag you back to cave with me..." grin

#19983 - 04/08/10 11:53 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: JDANG]
Thonger Offline
old hand

"Glad" I am not the only one who has been duped like that!

I would have to agree.... in my personal experience, I (as a male) have always over-estimated female sexual interest, and many of the females who I thought were showing interest in me were apparently under-estimating my interest in them.

Ugh! crazy

There's company in misery. We can be charter members in the "I've been duped club".

#20004 - 04/10/10 06:36 AM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: Thonger]
OlderMan Offline

I did some watching this week. In public, at least, it's much more common for women to give off unmistakable "I'm not interested" signals to people in general. Sitting on a train with legs closed or crossed, a package or purse over their genitals or in front of their chests, looking down and avoiding eye contact, and often wearing headphones says "don't even think about it."

I think women get hit on or leered at at so often that they adopt unavailable body postures as much or more readily than flirty ones. I can see where constant interest from men would get tiring.

I also noticed women checking each other out constantly! There is huge competition about looks, even in today's modern society. I saw women doing scans of other women from head to toe and back, and you could tell they were analyzing and judging their hair, breasts, ass, body fat and style, clothes, and general attractiveness. I especially noticed older women who had "lost some of their looks" checking out the younger ones.

You could see the differences in posture and carriage by women and men who know they are hot and those who know they are not. I also noticed older and old people who obviously don't care about the game anymore. They are just themselves most of the time.

And then, of course, some people are so busy commuting they are oblivious to the whole thing. Lots of reading, texting, Blackberry use, or searching iPod menus.

I noticed these behaviors, as well as men's and women's glances and postures, at several bus stops, on trains, waiting for food, and in other public places. It is EVERYwhere and constant. Very interesting.

Thanks Carole for turning me onto this entertaining little project.

#20010 - 04/10/10 09:07 AM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: OlderMan]
CaroleTucson Offline

Originally Posted By: OlderMan
I think women get hit on or leered at at so often that they adopt unavailable body postures as much or more readily than flirty ones.

There's that. Crossed legs while in a dress can be flirty too though, because you can control how much leg to show or even give a little flash as you shift your legs. But at the same time, crossed legs can simply be as much habit as anything else.

Quote:
I especially noticed older women who had "lost some of their looks" checking out the younger ones.

I guess that would be me. Sure, I notice other women. Why not? Women are beautiful.

Quote:
You could see the differences in posture and carriage by women and men who know they are hot and those who know they are not.

Very true, and I've always found that annoying.

Quote:
I noticed these behaviors, as well as men's and women's glances and postures, at several bus stops, on trains, waiting for food, and in other public places. It is EVERYwhere and constant. Very interesting.

People-watching is good fun smile

#20012 - 04/10/10 12:02 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: OlderMan]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Loc: Indiana
There seems to me to be an attitude these days that if a man's genitals are in any way visible in clothing that it is the result of a deliberate "display".

If the contour of a woman's breasts are visible through her clothing would it be appropriate to assume that she is putting on an intentional "breast display". Would it be appropriate to suggest that women should dress in head to toe cloaks, as they are required to do in some Arab nations, so that the contour of their breasts would on no account be visible in public?

Frankly, I find it pretty tiresome. Men have penises. Some are larger than others, and some tend to be "showers" rather than "growers". I am not huge, but I am bigger than average, and I have a wide and rather tall pelvis. And I am a shower rather than a grower. My natural waistline tends to be relatively high above the crotch seam of nearly all off-the-shelf slacks that are sized appropriately to fit my waist and rear end. Most trousers also tend to get stretched across the front of my pelvis because of its width, and my cock usually winds up going down one trouser leg or the other.

Tailored slacks for suits can be made larger in one leg so that guys can consistently "dress" to that side and be less likely to be visible. But who is going to pay for all tailored clothing?

I used to be employed in a professional capacity in which visible penis outlines would have been considered "politically incorrect" by most. I usually wound up wearing very uncomfortable tight briefs and rather baggy slacks with pleated fronts, a style I hated. Some retailers like Lands End sell "hi-rise" trousers which have more length between the waistline and crotch seam, but they tend to be more expensive and styles are limited.

Now my situation has changed and I wear what is comfortable, which usually means boxers and off-the-shelf jeans and slacks, and I frequently "show" whether I am aware of it or not. And if anyone doesn't like it they can go straight to hell.

#20015 - 04/10/10 12:42 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: myrealname]
OlderMan Offline

True. And sometimes we sit with our legs spread because it's comfortable, not because we are displaying cock for someone.

#20020 - 04/10/10 04:25 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: OlderMan]
CaroleTucson Offline

Originally Posted By: myrealname
Now my situation has changed and I wear what is comfortable, which usually means boxers and off-the-shelf jeans and slacks, and I frequently "show" whether I am aware of it or not. And if anyone doesn't like it they can go straight to hell.

LOL ... calm down.

Nobody was complaining about your boxers. The conversation was about body language and postures, not about your choice of jeans. You're safe.

#20051 - 04/11/10 05:14 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: OlderMan]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: OlderMan
True. And sometimes we sit with our legs spread because it's comfortable, not because we are displaying cock for someone.

Very true!

All body language is subjective and has to be taken into context. You also have to take a persons personal habits, personality and attitudes into account, as well as read clusters of signals.

One signal alone is not enough to determine anything. Like with the crotch display-- theres a difference between a man sitting that way for comfort, and a man displaying for a woman or other men. Sorry, but you guys display to EACH OTHER-- all the time. Its a very primal behavior-- and sometimes (sorry OlderMan) its not always just about comfort. Its about primal displays of dominance among men-- and most don't even realize they do it.

People watching is fun-- and I indulge at times too. I've seen groups of men who work together-- and the more senior- or dominant males-- tend to display more.

Also, when a man sits with his legs parted, and then parts them even more when a person they find attractive is around, then its probably a sexual display. Especially when other attraction signals are exhibited as well.

For example: I observed that a man who prominently displayed to me did not do so to the other women around. He also would display more widely when I was there. His legs would spread at a comfortable distance apart normally-- but when he would turn and face me on his chair-- they would spread VERY wide and remain so.

Of course like I said, there are many variables. You have to take someones personality into account for sure. Are they extroverted and flirty with everyone? Then that may be part of who they are and they may not be serious. Are they very introverted and shy? Then they may have trouble displaying interest.

Even the environment can dictate how they display their body-- for example-- crossed arms can mean several things: they could be cold, or closed off, or just find it comfortable. It can even be a way to give yourself comfort-- like hugging yourself. Or even boredom. Sometimes, women even cover their breasts that way when uncomfortable with someones scrutiny or interest.

If you're talking to a woman with crossed arms-- don't immediately assume that she therefore is closed off or not intersted. Now if shes crosses her arms (or legs for that matter), turns away from you, doesn't make much eye contact, seems distracted, or keeps watching for others.... then she may not be interested. But if she has crossed arms and legs and is turned towards you, makes lots of eye contact, is smiling and nodding her head in interest, listens to you with her head slightly tipped to the side--- she may be interested.

Of course someone may be interested but be distracted by personal issues at the time. Or someone may not be interested and is just acting polite. Theres a big difference between a polite smile and a real smile.

Body language is not cut-and-dried for sure. You can figure out quite a bit-- and actually, we subconsciously do it all the time-- both send and read body language. Its fascinating to me and has been for some time!

If you learn about positive body language, you can actually improve your chances when meeting people, in job interviews and in life in general. How we hold ourselves, shake hands, make eye contact...etc... very heavily figures in on peoples assessment of us.

Also, you have to keep someones physical state in mind as well. Someone with a disability or someone who is-- for example-- really overweight-- may not be able to make the same displays.

So theres a lot of things that go into accurately reading someones body language.

Edited by Firefly (04/11/10 05:17 PM)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.