Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Topic Options
#178148 - 04/19/17 08:23 PM Men's Health Check up?
g.lee2017 Offline
stranger

Loc: United Kingdom
My Question is.... I've never been to a Doctor to have a Health check up (for my testicles) and am curious to know if it is normal for guys to get an erection during these check ups?

Do doctors expect this kind of thing to happen during check ups?
The reason i ask is that i am easily excitable in that respect and i am worried that when i go for my check up i will get an erection!!

not because i will find it a turn on or anything but because it dont take much to get me erect?

#178149 - 04/20/17 12:42 PM Re: Men's Health Check up? [Re: g.lee2017]
regal Online   content

Go to woman doc they are great.

#178151 - 04/20/17 10:43 PM Re: Men's Health Check up? [Re: g.lee2017]
g.lee2017 Offline
stranger

I dont think i would be comfortable having a woman doctor check me in that department...
something i will definately think about .. smile

#178153 - 04/21/17 03:13 PM Re: Men's Health Check up? [Re: g.lee2017]
Ratty Online   content
old hand

If a doctor is professional enough, he/she will not make an issue of it if you should become erect during an examination, as most medical professionals are fully aware that men can become erect for a wide range of reasons, and not necessarily anything sexual. However, if you do find yourself becoming erect, the first thing to do is not to panic about it. The second thing to do is to say sorry. Your doctor will either accept your apology and move on, or offer you some time to cover up, relax, and give you a little time to allow your erection to go down. The last thing your doctor should do is make a big issue of it, because it doesn't really help anyone - your doctor will not want you to be embarrassed, anymore than you want him/her to be offended by your erection, so bear that in mind.

A few years ago, I was being examined by a urologist (I had a lesion on the head of my penis, which I later discovered was a symptom of Balanitis Xerotica Obliteratans, caused by the fact that I had Type 2 Diabetes) he checked my testicles (standard procedure during any male genital exam) before moving on to my penis. I felt myself starting to become erect, but I managed to maintain control and fortunately managed to remain reasonably flaccid. Getting erections is a normal part of being male, and your doctor would be more concerned if you didn't show any signs of becoming erect, because it could be a symptom of poor circulation.

Just try to stay calm during the examination, don't panic if you do find yourself becoming erect, and if it does happen, be a gentleman about it and be polite.

Hope that helps - be sure to let us know how you get on!

#178154 - 04/21/17 05:30 PM Re: Men's Health Check up? [Re: g.lee2017]
ThePenIsMighty Online   content

Loc: Canada
I doubt it would be a big deal if you get an erection, but I worry about the same things sometimes. I was "lucky" that my family doctor for most of my life was a not-too-exciting, much older guy with a thing for telling awful jokes at the most awkward times.

The best/worst was while I was bent over a table for a pretty uncomfortable examination, and he goes "Hey, what do you call a Greek guy with a boner?... A pain in the ass!". Definitely never had to worry about getting an erection with him, haha.

Now that he's retiring though, I get to look for a new doctor. Here's hoping my luck remains intact :-p.

#178155 - 04/21/17 09:26 PM Re: Men's Health Check up? [Re: g.lee2017]
SirFoggy Offline

Loc: Born in Croatia, live (kinda) ...
... juat my 2 proverbial cents ....

I must be a "odd" chip because for me there is nothing swxual in the action itself ... it's all about the intention. I could be in a hot bath with bunch of hot ladies discussing global politics or whatever ... and I would never grow a boner. Just the same, watching - absolutely HOT - female colleague of mine giving a presentation to a rather large and imprt5ant auditorium ... well, let me say just this ... if it was any possible I would fuck her then and there smile

Back to the original topic ... think about it this way. Do you really care what a waiter taking your order might think of you? I don't, anf honestly, no one should. The very same holds true for any other situation ... medical professionals include. A very strong emphasis being on "professionals" ... they're there to do what you need and paying them for, that's really all to it. I honestly wouldn't spare not a second of my time thinking what an urologist might think of me springing a boner as he examines my prostate. At the end of the day, it's me paying him for the services, not the other way around wink

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.