Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Topic Options
#175124 - 07/18/14 05:37 PM Sex and the Bible
dudedark Offline

I was reading the Christianity and sex on the home page under culture and history and thought it was good.
I always wondered where other Christians got the idea that we aren't supposed to enjoy sex and or that it was bad.
I wanted to add their are proverbs and even Songs of Solomon which talk about enjoying breasts and the body in a beautiful manner and elude to enjoying sex and even in the five books of the law where a newly married man is supposed to stay home a year and bring happiness to his wife. (That makes me think sex lol)

#175156 - 07/22/14 05:02 PM Re: Sex and the Bible [Re: dudedark]
lilmissnaughty Offline
veteran

Loc: scotland
People through history have twisted what the bible says to justify there own actions. (Crusades anyone?)
I recon the puritanical rules on sex had more to do with the people in charge having there own issues and deciding everyone else should suffer as well. If you actually read a lot of the verses used to justify "rules re sex" in context without trying to twist them around in a "well they said XYZ but what they really meant by that was JKL" then you get a totally different picture.

Song of Solomon is a love story (and not exactly PG rated if you actually understand what hes on about LOL)

& yeah.. 1 year honeymoon sounds nice.... smile

Edited by lilmissnaughty (07/22/14 05:02 PM)

#175157 - 07/22/14 06:05 PM Re: Sex and the Bible [Re: dudedark]
ThePenIsMighty Offline

Loc: Canada
To be honest, I have respect for faith, but my experiences with Christianity left a sour taste in my mouth lol. Too many pick and choose what they want to take seriously in the Bible, and often for reasons of judging someone else. I can't count how many have quoted Leviticus 18:22 at me (the oft-quoted line about how men lying with men is abomination), and then fumbled for words when I asked if they eat shellfish, mix fabrics, or other things Leviticus condemns.

There's no reason to keep sex and religion separate though, and the Bible surely references sex a lot more than most think. I suppose it's because the more famous stories that mention sex bring it up in a bad way, or just for purposes of making babies.

#175161 - 07/23/14 09:51 AM Re: Sex and the Bible [Re: dudedark]
SirFoggy Online   content

Loc: Born in Croatia, live (kinda) ...
Psalm 51:5 ESV/74
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Job15:14
What is man, that he should be pure, Or he who is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?

Women are unclean, pussy is yucky, sex is beyond disgusting ... that's what they are saying. Fucked up way of thinking if you ask me. No wonder I got kicked out from the Sunday Church school at tender age of 8. I was 'stupid' enough to ask questions that should never be asked. By kicking me out they did me a great favour I am grateful for to this day ... wink

Edited by SirFoggy (07/23/14 09:52 AM)

#175163 - 07/23/14 02:16 PM Re: Sex and the Bible [Re: dudedark]
JimInPhila Online   content

veteran

Loc: Phila. PA
Most times I try to stay "Politically Neutral," if not PC here.
Gotta agree with you Foggy. That book does more to screw up minds that any thing "holy" ever could. Nothing but contradictions, 'eye for an eye' vs "turn the other cheek.'
Then there's 'Jesus came to change the Law.' Oh really? God changed his mind? The eternal, the one, all knowing, infinite, changed his mind? Shocking that no one else has an issue with that.
The God who is "all Loving" created a place called hell? A Source that is all Loving could never create a hell. The only hells are the ones we create in our own minds.
It was a great way to control the masses.
Thankfully, I did find the Loving Source that loves me all the time. And never says "but" as in 'Sure God loves you BUT he'll send you to hell.
I believe the opposite of Love is not hate, the opposite of Love is fear. And like FDR said, "Nothing to fear except fear itself."

Edited by JimInPhila (07/23/14 02:17 PM)
Edit Reason: typo, as usual

#175179 - 07/25/14 02:33 PM Re: Sex and the Bible [Re: dudedark]
dudedark Offline

Wait. Jesus didn't change the law other than making it more strict.
"I did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.
For assuredly I say to you until heaven and earth pass away by no means will even one jot or period be removed from the law". Matthew 5:17,18

Job was not saying it was sin. His friends were accusing him of foolish and unrighteousness and to seek forgiveness and healing.
Job was stating how low we are.

And David was referring to his sinful nature as he had just slept with another man's wife then when she got pregnant, David tried to get the man to sleep with his wife so it could be claimed that it was the man's child, but the man refused so David had the man killed.
He was confessing his iniquities and talking about how he was born unto sinful nature.
And eating pork and lobsters wasn't ever a sin.
There were sins and stuff that made you unclean.
And along the lines of unclean their were rules that were just for priests, others just for the Levites, the ones for all of Israel and then one for Non Israeli.
The purpose of being clean was to be able to come before God.
(coincidentally though most everything the Bible called unclean we have learned with modern science is unhealthy for us)
Though there are other things in Leviticus that a lot of Christians don't do.

And God sending people to he'll doesn't make him not all loving.
If a judge's loved one commits 1st degree murder, if the judge is just, fair and good, he will send his loved one to prison. This does not mean he does not love his loved ones.
If you break God's laws you are worthy of Lake of fire.
They would sacrifice lambs and oxen for atonement for their sins, but then Jesus who was God and perfect sacrificed himself for us so we didn't have to make sacrifices anymore to pay our debt of sin.
And that is the true display of all loving when God provides the ultimate sacrifice that we may all have our debts paid and be able to go to heave

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.