Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#12900 - 08/21/09 06:56 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: Firefly]
jiji Offline
enthusiast

Not speaking from personal experience, but I wish the excitement didn't have to wear off. I guess that's why people turn to role-playing, kinky costumes and toys, etc. in order to spice things up. It's too bad things need "spicing" in the first place though. I would think perfect matches largely don't.
You have me and I have you

#12904 - 08/21/09 08:08 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: jiji]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

Reading through these latest posts, I ran across Graham's "first date sex" reference, and the backlash, and thought: Well. That's a hell of an attitude for a guy to have. Then I realized how many times I've had sex on a first date (actually "date" is being generous) and I realized that I've had the same attitude, though maybe not consciously. If sex didn't happen, I assumed there was a lack of interest in me.

This is sad, let's be clear. We should not feel this way. But maybe a guy like you, Graham, and a very different guy like me, feel similarly about being accepted sexually, and how much that says about our overall appeal. Maybe it's an important thing to recognize.

Jiji: role-playing leaves me absolutely cold. I can't even begin without laughing and feeling silly. I almost envy people who can pull it off. It might be fun.

#12908 - 08/21/09 09:03 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: jiji]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: jiji
Not speaking from personal experience, but I wish the excitement didn't have to wear off. I guess that's why people turn to role-playing, kinky costumes and toys, etc. in order to spice things up. It's too bad things need "spicing" in the first place though. I would think perfect matches largely don't.

The excitement can remain-- but sometimes a couple may have to put some effort into it. Sex can be really great between people who have been together long term. It can be exciting as well as comforting at the same time. Theres a much deeper sense of intimacy for sure.

I do know that the first rush of sex with someone has a lot to do with hormones. Whats that one called? Oxytocin? or something like that. It helps to bond people together in a new relationship. (even extended eye contact with someone can trigger a release of that hormone) After a few years-- that hormone isn't released like it used to be. That can trigger people to seek out that high elsewhere.

#12925 - 08/22/09 07:37 AM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: Firefly]
pinkFlames Offline
veteran

Loc: Australia
I have better sex four and a half years into my relationship than I did in the first six months. It doesn't always wear off.

#13005 - 08/24/09 11:05 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: pinkFlames]
Graham Offline
veteran

first time sex isn't always about technique really. It's more about chemistry and attitude and a myriad other hard to define characteristics. Some girls I've been with had excellent technique but the indefinable chemistry wasn't always there. For me, large, soft breasts are a major turn-on and a good starting point. But even that doesn't always hit the button.

I sometimes spend hours pondering what defines chemistry and it's a tricky one to put my finger on. A lot has to do with smell and touch. Like the feeling of a girls skin and the smell of her hair. And definitely the more obvious feeling of my penis inside her.

Also a girl who is relaxed and enthusiastic, but not overeager and simply confident and comfortable in her own skin. Multi-orgasmic from the start is an obvious positive sign. But then again most girls have been that I've been with. I think that's typical. It's definitely not about a girl who looks like a super model or has six-pack abs. That kind of turns me off.

I just saw some photos of Miss Universe 2009 and she didn't look sexy at all to me. Way too thin and flat-chested to get me excited. But I don't care for overweight girls either. Curvy or voluptuous is a good description of what I like with a flattish stomach.

#13027 - 08/25/09 03:42 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: Graham]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
I think that we really underestimate things like pheromones and such as well. I think some people just smell "right" to us, and while there are many, many other reasons we are attracted to someone-- two right scents meshing together may have more say in our attraction then whether we have the same interests or such. Its the whole "Chemistry" thing in its very basic form.

Now in the long run, if other things do not mesh together as well, then it doesn't do us much good.

Its just one aspect in the bigger picture-- but I do believe that its underestimated.

#13080 - 08/26/09 10:49 AM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: Firefly]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

I'll second Firefly's sentiments. I've been stupid enough to think that an alcohol-soaked "attraction" to some guy I just met actually indicated something significant, with a shelf life. It didn't; it was some combination of those pheromones, experiences, expectations, and God knows what else that created an "attraction." The sex that sometimes ensued didn't do anything but affirm the fact. I've never been good at ignoring the facts when I'm in bed.

And no - in the long run, it does us very little good.

#13081 - 08/26/09 12:48 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: concretehand]
Graham Offline
veteran

are yes, pheromones. They have a name for the smell of somebody's hair and body. I forgot that wink

#14234 - 09/25/09 01:51 PM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: Graham]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Back to the unwanted erection ... speaking as someone in her 40's, I don't really consider it a problem one way or another. I understand about the "mind of its own" thing, but a guy can still keep it from being obvious if he wants to.

So if I do notice it, I conclude that the guy wanted me to. Which is no big deal, really. I might be interested or I might not, depending on who it is, the mood I'm in, etc, etc. But I have to say it doesn't turn me off, even if I'm not interested. I don't automatically assume that I'm the cause of it, so I'm basically neutral about it.

Now it's another thing if I feel it pressing against me during a slow dance. In that case, I do assume that I caused it. And if I'm dancing with him, then I'm more than likely interested in him. So yeah, it's a turn-on then.

#14889 - 10/07/09 11:17 AM Re: Girls; Unwanted Erection Poll [Re: CaroleTucson]
myrealname Offline
old hand

Loc: Indiana
Depending on a guy's size, and whether he is a "grower" or a "shower" it isn't always as easy as you might think to keep even a flaccid penis from being obvious if a guy wants to.

I find that with a lot of pants that fit my waist and butt just fine, the crotch seam is just too high and there is no place for the thing to go, other than down one trouser leg.

Now that I frequently buy clothes over the internet, or in places like Sam's Club, where there are no changing rooms, it isn't possible to know how much of a problem this is going to be before the purchase, and some pants and shorts I have simply had to return.

And I am not huge, by any means, but I am a "shower" and roughly the volume of the cardboard tube from an empty roll of toilet paper soft. Try sticking that in your panties and making it disappear in pants. You can flatten it out a little bit, but it has to go somewhere.

And at times it is embarrassing because I think a lot of women do have the idea that if it is visible, it is intentional on the guy's part.

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.