Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#14131 - 09/22/09 06:41 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved? [Re: Firefly]
new2day Offline
enthusiast

and neither do the pheromones anymore wink

#14132 - 09/22/09 08:05 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved? [Re: new2day]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: new2day
and neither do the pheromones anymore wink

Hmmm... I don't agree. I think there are chemical reasons why we are attracted to some people. And its been shown that women are attracted to the scent of men who have immune systems that are the most different from their own. This is going by scent only. Women found the scent of men with similar immune systems to be unappealing, while the scent of men with very different immune systems was very appealing.

Do I think those sprays which claim to have pheromones really work? Not really. I think thats much exaggerated. But I do think that our own natural scent does have some say in who is attracted to us. Is it the only thing? No. But I think its part of it. Probably more then we realize.

Theres even a hormone called "Copulins" which are an attractant for men. Men were instructed to rate the desirability of women. They were more choosey when the copulins scent was NOT involved. They rated some women as not desirable. When the scent was introduced-- the men found pretty much all the women appealing.

Copulins are also physically introduced into a mans body through intercourse. They are transmitted from the vagina and can actually raise a mans testosterone levels-- by as much as 150%. The interesting thing- is that he doesn't get "out-of-control" with more testosterone-- but that he will actually be more amenable and "docile" towards that women. His Body and his Brain are affected and it can make him more attracted to her both emotionally and physically- which increases the relationship bond. I've often read while women prefer to be close in order to have sex, men need sex to feel close and copulins may be the reason why.

Interesting isn't it? No, its not the be-all end-all in a relationship. Theres so many factors that play into attraction to someone. But I Really do think that there are more chemical reasons then we know or understand about why we are attracted to some people and not others. Haven't you ever felt a really strong sexual attraction to someone the moment you met them? Like you just want to have sex with them right there? (now I'm not talking about just general horniness-- I'm talking about a real pull towards someone thats very unexpected) It may be someone who isn't even your normal "type", but theres just something about them.

No, I think pheromones play more of a part in our lives then you may think they do. Even women who live together tend to end up with menstrual cycles that come at the same time and its pretty much thought to be through scent that this is triggered.

Ok-- there I go again off on a tangent. But it started out as part of the discussion!

Edited by Firefly (09/22/09 08:07 PM)

#14135 - 09/22/09 09:32 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved? [Re: Firefly]
secondchance Offline

me: natural. I like to prove my red hair by something other than attitude. smile
I also am growing my pit fuzz back in after a three-month affair with a razor. I miss my tufts.

partners: natural

#14149 - 09/23/09 11:10 AM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: thenewguy86]
Graham Offline
veteran

Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't have the problem with ingrown hairs or shaving rash for myself. Also, I still look more or less natural because I still have trimmed hair on my crotch, just not on my shaft or balls. So I'm just keeping the business end of things nice and clean and smooth.

A previous long-term gf of mine combined her shaving with her bath time and seemed to make it a no big deal kind of thing. She was always smooth and didn't ever get stubbly. My current gf isn't so diligent so she gets a bit stubbly, which isn't perfect. I think waxing is best if you can find a place that does it for you. That's tough in China because there isn't much call for it. Apparently, those places are everywhere in Los Angeles where I used to live.

I'm not obsessed with this, so trimmed reasonably short is fine on a woman too. I think that looks nice. But a fully grown out bush on a woman turns me off visually and orally (hair in teeth and throat issue)

Edited by Graham (09/23/09 11:12 AM)

#14624 - 10/01/09 03:12 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: Graham]
sucker Offline
stranger

Au naturale, always, on me and partners.

#14628 - 10/01/09 04:41 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: Firefly]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: Firefly
I've often read while women prefer to be close in order to have sex, men need sex to feel close and copulins may be the reason why.

I remember someone telling me this when I was in my teens. Or to put it another way ... "For women, intimacy leads to sex. For men, sex leads to intimacy." It's fascinating to get a solid, biological explanation for it.

Firefly, you have so much good information!!!

Quote:
I think pheromones play more of a part in our lives then you may think they do.

I totally agree. I have often thought that the sense of smell is vastly underrated in sexual matters. I love it when a man wants to smell and lick between my legs. My husband used to do that all the time and I found it extremely sexy.

Back to the original question ... my pubic hair is all totally natural. I don't do anything to it. I prefer natural pubic hair on men too. To me, shaved looks pre-adolescent. I want a man to look like a man, not a 10-year-old boy.

I find chest hair to be sexy, too. Not to the point where he looks like a gorilla, but a totally clean chest on a man is a bit of a turn-off for me.

Talking about this makes me think about how I see naked men in general. The first time I see a man naked is very exciting to me. I like to see his chest and his butt and his legs, not to mention his cock, of course.

Oftentimes, the first time I see him completely naked is in a darkened bedroom, which enhances the effect for me. That's why I want him to get undressed before I do. And when I see his erect cock for the first time, knowing that I'm the reason he's hard, it arouses me very much.

#14635 - 10/01/09 06:22 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: CaroleTucson]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Originally Posted By: CaroleTucson

Firefly, you have so much good information!!!

Thank you! I'm always learning. I think writing articles for this site has helped a lot when I do research for each topic. Though I'm not always right! lol! And I always welcome other opinions and outlooks.

I'm very glad to have you here as well. I've enjoyed reading your opinions on many subjects.

#14650 - 10/01/09 06:58 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: Firefly]
jiji Offline
enthusiast

Has anyone else noticed that women (at least here) almost unanimously prefer at least some hair on men, whereas many men prefer the clean-shaven or well-trimmed look on themselves and other men? This observation is based on the comments here as well as in the photo gallery where it seems commonplace for male commenters to prefer and recommend shaving.

Wonder why that is...
You have me and I have you

#14654 - 10/01/09 07:20 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: jiji]
CaroleTucson Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Is it related to age, maybe?

#14655 - 10/01/09 07:35 PM Re: Pubic hair survey: Natural, trimmed, or shaved [Re: CaroleTucson]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

I think sometimes a womans hair preference when it comes to men may have to do with age. I think more younger women prefer practically hairless- while older women like hair.

But of course there are exceptions.

I think men prefer clean-shaven, because they think it makes them look bigger. I think it just makes them look too young!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.