Welcome to the altPenis Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic and play nice.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
All posts by new members are moderated to reduce spam.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#11572 - 07/27/09 07:16 PM Being a man and showing it.
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

This is a new topic, and it's one I'm half afraid to start. But I think it's an interesting subject and can lead to lots of good conversation - if it's taken seriously and not abused.

I have a longstanding fascination with male display. What I mean is, the ways that men literally show off their maleness to others. This could mean women, other men - anybody. Of course what this display means depends on who's doing the showing off, and who to.

I'm not necessarily talking about exhibitionism in a sort of creepy exposing-yourself-in-public way. I'm thinking more about the subtle or not-so-subtle ways we men flaunt our physical maleness. Do you enjoy being naked in front of your girlfriend, your wife? How about your buddies? Did you have any experiences in adolescence when being seen and recognized as a man either helped you find your sense of self, or hurt you on that score? Though you've been married to the same woman for 25 years, do you still have a desire for her to see you?

Odd questions, maybe. Anybody have anything to say?

#11575 - 07/27/09 07:37 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: concretehand]
mugwump1 Offline
addict

Loc: UK
Oh hell, yeah, I love being naked with a partner, and I want to be admired, dammit! I'd never wear clothes at home if it was down to me - at least nothing that couldn't be raised or opened for inspection at regular whim.

Guys, no... maybe it's the sameness I complained of elsewhere, maybe the competitive element (muscular/athletic isn't my thing - to misquote Sarah Silverman, I don't care if you think I'm weedy, as long as you think I'm thin). That isn't to say I wouldn't enjoy the appreciation where it might be forthcoming, it's just something I don't actively seek.

#11599 - 07/28/09 05:05 AM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: mugwump1]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
I've actually brought up male displays in the past. Mostly when referring to male crotch displays in public. Men do it all the time and don't even realize it.

I remember seeing groups of men together who all work together- amd almost always- the boss is showing more crotch display then the men under him. But if a boss higher up then him comes around- his display lessens.

I've also walked into groups of men being the only female in the room. Almost all the men will start to display more openly and sometimes even more turned towards me. Now I'm not saying that they all wanted me or anything- just that its a bit of a primal reaction when a sexually viable female walks into a room of sexually functioning males!

One man I was really attracted to, used to talk to me with his legs parted like the red sea when we were sitting in chairs facing each other. I saw him talking to other women in the same postion, but with his legs not parted very far-- just a little bit, more for comfort I think. I think its a subconscious way a man says "Check out my tackle" and to show sexual interest in a woman (or man) even if he has no intention of following through.

Men will also call attention to their crotches in other ways-- thumbs hooked through his belt loops or in his pocket with his fingers curled a bit towards his dick, call attention to it. Keys hanging down by his crotch -- or even suble (or not so subtle) adjustments-- giving the message that his tackle is so cumbersome and large, that it needs frequent adjusting.

So I think a lot of male crotch displays are for dominance and attraction. Its a primal thing that I think men do all the time, and don't even realize it.

And no, I don't sit around watching for it all the time. Most of the time, I don't even consciously think about it. Its just that I have a personal interest in body language- and was paying attention for awhile.

Edited by Firefly (07/28/09 05:07 AM)

#11613 - 07/28/09 11:52 AM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: Firefly]
mugwump1 Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: Firefly
I've also walked into groups of men being the only female in the room. Almost all the men will start to display more openly and sometimes even more turned towards me.

lol, I'l have to watch out for that one! Maybe I'm wired differently, because my instinct is so be ready to move in, and legs akimbo with my crotch thrust forward isn't the best place to start from. It makes guys look fat too: I don't care if you think my dick's tiny, as long as you think I'm thin. laugh

#11619 - 07/28/09 01:29 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: mugwump1]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

I admire your restraint, Firefly. I do sit around watching for it all the time. smile

My own display activities are long buried in my childhood, when being seen and recognized as a man really seemed to count (nowadays I more or less take it from granted). It seems - and this of course is a vague memory subject to subconscious embellishment - but it seems that as soon as I was old enough to have erections and understand what they were for, I wanted my father to see that I was capable of it. I guess it was my growth spurt, about age 11 or 12, when, um...the little guy got bigger all the sudden...and I was having wondrous erections...for whatever reason I really wanted my dad to take notice and recognize me as...what? A peer? A rival?? Who knows what was going on in that little brain. All I do know is that I must have amused or worried the man, because how odd is it to have your little slugger make up reasons to show you his little slugger?

Other than those few childhood episodes, I haven't been conscious of wanting to "display" for reasons other than direct sexual attraction. We don't live in a world where you're supposed to be able to see a man's equipment, or even know it's there for sure. Am I wrong, or isn't it considered outright obscene to even see the outline of a penis in slacks?

#11628 - 07/28/09 05:49 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: mugwump1]
Firefly Offline
Esteemed Member

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: mugwump1

lol, I'l have to watch out for that one! Maybe I'm wired differently, because my instinct is so be ready to move in, and legs akimbo with my crotch thrust forward isn't the best place to start from.

It isn't always necessarily that 'in your face' with crotches thrust forward. A lot of the time, its more subtle. Sometimes its just unconsciously drawing attention to the crotch-- and the man doesn't always seem to realize hes doing it.

ConcreteH-- Like I was saying, I don't think men are even aware that they crotch display around other men. And I think that oftentimes, they do it more around other men then they do around women. Its a primal dominance thing- and most of you probably think you never do it-- and almost all of you probably do! smile Men are much more centered around their own genitals and others mens genitals- then they think they are. This is my opinion.

Also, its not even about visible outlines or anything. Yes, that can be a bit too much. Its more about "posturing" and unconscious body language. Its not about actually showing anybody for real. Did you know that apes do it as well?! Only in their case, its pretty noticable! lol! If men did that for real in our society-- they would be locked up for obsenity. So while culture, society and civilization have tempered male dominance displays concerning their crotches--- it still exists, only its usually more subtle and men are almost always unaware.

Women have their own unconcious signals as well-- centering on some of their sexual areas- including the ass and breasts. Some of it is very much conscious on a womans part. I think women are more aware of how certain movt's of our bodies can attract a mans attention. But I also think our bodies react to a male we are attracted to without us ever realizing it. It can be reflected in how we position ourselves, how we walk or stand, even how our head or eyes relate to him. I also think women can be very competive among each other and that can be reflected in female body language.

Oops-- thats really not the topic is it?

I don't claim to be an expert on body language or anything-- its just a personal interest of mine. It really is fascinating how much of our communication is carried on non-verbally.

Edited by Firefly (07/28/09 05:58 PM)

#11629 - 07/28/09 05:53 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: Firefly]
mugwump1 Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: Firefly
Men are much more centered around their own genitals and others mens genitals- then they think they are.

I'm quite centred around mine, but I'm not so sure about anyone else's. They're just an inconvenience that surely wouldn't be missed. smile

#11632 - 07/28/09 07:32 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: mugwump1]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

There you go badmouthing other men's penises again. Really, it's not the least bit nice. We're sensitive creatures.

#11633 - 07/28/09 07:53 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: concretehand]
mugwump1 Offline
addict

Too sensitive to be burdened with such a source of needless potential anxiety, surely. smile

#11634 - 07/28/09 08:04 PM Re: Being a man and showing it. [Re: mugwump1]
concretehand Offline
enthusiast

Sensitive, not stupid. If I'm subconsciously shoving my crotch in the general direction of every man, woman and schnauzer in sight, I must need it badly. Very badly.

Besides, I've invested so much time into developing my relationship with it. We're on really good terms. I'll just have to...somehow...get past your cruel remarks.

*sniff*

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The Question Of Size | Pecker Predicaments | Enlargement | Erectile Issues
Circumcision | Penis Peculiarities | Culture & History | The Male Condition
altPenis Home Page | Discussion Forums | Terms of Use

Copyright 2000 - 2012 altPenis.com and its licensors. All rights reserved.